Are You Listening Joma?

gerrybritton9

Great to hear all this positive discussion.

If fans are vocal enough, we will not get a standard template kit from the Joma range. Companies deviate from the template if they think they will get good sales. Old firm, Chelsea, Man Utd are all examples but so is the Scottish national team.

Can anyone close to the club make enquiries to see if fans will be consulted on the new kit? it would definitely generate sales!

......and lets hope there is enough space on my long sleeved top for those SPL patches !

.....and get the kit on sale by May !

and I'd like a black or white away kit.

I'd like the away kit to be white.... with black collar and cuffs. again i'd like to see the large circle removed from the current badge and just have the thistle on the strip, increase in size similar to the 60-70-80's badge... i'd have the badge in black too.

then across the chest a large yellow hoop with a half height red hoop above and below the yellow one, with the MacB logo across the yellow hoop.

white shorts and socks.

Just reminded me of this cracker:

1990-1992AlemanhaHome.png

Edited to add: Obviously that's not white shorts, but I don't like the idea of an all white kit.

Edited by twinny
  • Like 1

I don't know if it could be done for the strips to be used next season but something that I would like to see us do (and with TAG being about fans having more involvement in decisions this seems an obvious example) is to get 3 or 4 options from the suppliers and then have the fans vote for their preferred option. Other clubs do this so it should certainly not be beyond us in the future.

Can anyone close to the club make enquiries to see if fans will be consulted on the new kit? it would definitely generate sales!

No chance that fans will be consulted. I like the surprise surrounding a kit anyway! I'd reckon that they have already been chosen and starting manufacturing if they are aiming for a mid-June release date.

Edited by G SUS

No chance that fans will be consulted.

They ask the fans, the more shirts will be sold. There's a reason I didn't buy the current shirt. It's sh*t. Give me a good shirt and I'll buy it. Offer me one without a sponsors' logo and I'll buy it twice. But chance will be a fine thing. I know the last sponsorless shirt was merely a quirk of fate.

They ask the fans, the more shirts will be sold. There's a reason I didn't buy the current shirt. It's sh*t. Give me a good shirt and I'll buy it. Offer me one without a sponsors' logo and I'll buy it twice. But chance will be a fine thing. I know the last sponsorless shirt was merely a quirk of fate.

You ask 500 fans what shirt they want, you get 500 different combinations of tops. That's the issue.

I quite like all the Joma standard designs I've seen and wouldn't be upset if we end up playing in one of those. The red and yellow Galatasaray style one they have might make a nice change...

http://www.teamweari...llow-6781-p.asp

That's somehow much better than the Jester strip. Probably because it doesn't look cheap in that picture like the Jester top did (despite the fact it probably is cheap).

I'd say every thistle fan wants to see either red n yellow hoops or stripes.

So you're looking at taking all the best bits from the Umbro kits of the 80s or the spall strips for stripes and for hoops a happy medium dating from the first puma strip back the way...

The away strip I'd like to see all white like the Umbro mid 80s strip.

Strips are strips, folk will buy them, but to generate extra income the club really needs to get a leisure range that hits the mark. That's where puma let themselves down big time.

I quite like all the Joma standard designs I've seen and wouldn't be upset if we end up playing in one of those. The red and yellow Galatasaray style one they have might make a nice change...

http://www.teamwearireland.com/joma-premier-football-shirt---redyellow-6781-p.asp

I'm still scarred by the jester strip. It's too soon.

• 2 weeks later...