Strips And Merchandise For Next Season

kni

For those who don't fancy any of the current thistle merchandise, it seems you can choose another joma item from the website and have the thistle badge embroided on to it.

I found this out as i wanted a pair of thistle tracksuit bottoms which they don't sell so I ordered a pair and left a message with my order to have the thistle badge on them. I phoned the shop beforehand to make sure it was possible and it was :)

That is a sensible approach. What's the price/mark-up for having the Thistle badge sewn on?

That is a sensible approach. What's the price/mark-up for having the Thistle badge sewn on?

As far as I'm aware I only paid the price shown for the track bottoms but when I phoned they just said to leave them a message with the order requesting the badge and they didn't say anything about an extra cost.

As far as I'm aware I only paid the price shown for the track bottoms but when I phoned they just said to leave them a message with the order requesting the badge and they didn't say anything about an extra cost.

Nice one - wonder if that works for the away strip to save a few quid!

Does anybody know if there are any stores in and around Glasgow that print the official number and lettering design of the SPL on the back of the kit? Cheers.

Greaves, Sports Direct and if you are brave then one of the Celtic stores.

Thanks guys. I phoned up Greaves a few seasons ago for a friend and they quoted me £25 for a number and surname, so I will try Sports Direct. Cheers.

I'm sure greaves did one of my tops for less. I'd suggest phoning greaves anyway, say you are phoning round looking for quotes on how much a name and number would cost from them, they may give you a better price quote if they are aware you are getting price quotes from elsewhere too.

Is there anywhere online that sells Thistle merchandise now? You know the sort of thing Greaves used to sell. Tat really, but Thistle tat. Tax disc holders, pens, wallets, scarves, badges..... The new club shop has a mug, a teddy and a trolley coin(?) but is there anywhere selling other stuff?

I can't think of any shops, but I do know eBay at times can have an interesting array of Thistle stuff.

I got my new long sleeved home jersey the other day. it looks great in the flesh. the yellow and red are really vivid and the black is a good contrast. I went to greaves to get my SPFL name and number and took great delight in saying "Top flight numbering please...."

I agree that there is no place to buy Thistle "tat". i like a key ring, car sticker, wallet etc.. the shop was pretty sparse. i did manage to pick up 2 pens for my kids for school. They were very cheap and would have cost them 19p at wholesale ( i order a lot of commemorative pens for work). They cost me £1.99 each!!!!

The staff were really friendly and were kind to my kids. i snapped a couple of pics of my kids holding up jerseys with pleading faces. i texted it to my wife and she said "arent they sweet, we should get them kits for their birthdays" - so that plan worked well !

BTW, the shop is in the middle of NOWHERE !!!! my sat nav nearly exploded! When i got out the car, it looked like an industrial estate you'd see on Minder. I was waiting for Denis Waterman to turn up!

Great people, great shop, weird location - more tat please !!!!

Edited by gerrybritton9
  • Like 3

Just noticed that one of the old They Also Play In Red And Yellow teams is back in action and funnily enough, Joma is their kit supplier too!

Fort Lauderdale Strikers are back in business (along with the likes of the New York Cosmos) in the new version of the NASL. Its in the news because the two teams met on Saturday and Pele was there to see it, but the strip was more interesting (from "Fort Lauderdale Strikers' Toni Stahl, left, and New York Cosmos' Ayoze fight for control of the ball during a soccer game, Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013, in Hempstead, N.Y.):

eKiWk.St.4.jpeg

Edited by soulful_jag
  • Like 1

I know what the new home kit puts me in mind of:

in 87/88 i was 7 years old and just getting into football properly ( no Dad, you see!) Anyway, i saw St Mirren v Mechelen on TV and I thought that Mechelen looked really tough and strong and I'd never seen a team like this. Our new kit looks very Mechelen and I think make us look strong. Last time we were in the SPL we didn't have enough black in the kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJavjWA7thg

Just noticed that one of the old They Also Play In Red And Yellow teams is back in action and funnily enough, Joma is their kit supplier too!

Fort Lauderdale Strikers are back in business (along with the likes of the New York Cosmos) in the new version of the NASL. Its in the news because the two teams met on Saturday and Pele was there to see it, but the strip was more interesting (from "Fort Lauderdale Strikers' Toni Stahl, left, and New York Cosmos' Ayoze fight for control of the ball during a soccer game, Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013, in Hempstead, N.Y.):

eKiWk.St.4.jpeg

I like that FL outfit.

I like that FL outfit.

I have posted that strip on a couple of threads months ago in the hope that Joma would adapt the Strikers or the Valencia strips for us. In the end, we got the Valencia one. Perhaps the Strikers was considered too close to one of Puma's that was very similar.