Strips And Merchandise For Next Season

kni

These are the original socks, they just weren't in stock in time for the kit launch, so they had to use plain black.

Bit strange then that before the yellow flashed socks were listed, they were selling a plain black sock, listed as Thistle Home Socks. £1 more expensive than the exact same sock, listed elsewhere on the site.

Bit strange then that before the yellow flashed socks were listed, they were selling a plain black sock, listed as Thistle Home Socks. £1 more expensive than the exact same sock, listed elsewhere on the site.

I'm sure they would have been doing it as a stop gap, to make sure people could buy a full kit.

I was in the shop the day it was launched and was told I could have the plain ones or wait for the correct ones.

A bit off if they were charging more for them than they should have been though.

Have just seen the new strip in the flesh....cheap and nasty and very poorly finished..will not be buying one. On the plus side i saw a couple of decent looking sports type tops.

Hope they do have some decent leisurewear. Unfortunately it looks like almost all of it is mostly polyester, which will see me keep my money in my (cotton) pockets.

Have just seen the new strip in the flesh....cheap and nasty and very poorly finished..will not be buying one. On the plus side i saw a couple of decent looking sports type tops.

New strip is shit.

Poor quality of finish aside, it had the potential to visually be the best thistle strip since the last best strip.

But they fckd it with the stupid yellow panel/removing two red stripes to make a rectangular space on shirt, and pasting sponsors logo which is now more square than rectangular.

As for the back, there was no need for the panel, the whole shirt is now a dogs breakfast, can see this being a poor seller, first because of the fckd design and secondly when people see how poorly manufactured and finished it is.

Huge **** up by the club on this.

Yip, not impressed by the strips this year. Home strip particularly disappointing as it had potential to be stunning, and would have been if the image I posted was accurate (and quality was ok) However I'm skint and already own several nice Thistle shirts from the last few years so I'm not too bothered.

Buy it if you like it, don't if you don't, and I'm sure Thistle/Joma will get the message.

25 years going to Firhill. and i think this may be the first time ever, i've heard Thistle fans become overly concerned and refuse to buy club merch on the basis of it's polyester content!

seriously, do people think this is somethiing new? we've been paying similar prices for similar material for as long as i can remember, the same as every other team... and all of a sudden this is a real issue for Thistle fans?

25 years going to Firhill. and i think this may be the first time ever, i've heard Thistle fans become overly concerned and refuse to buy club merch on the basis of it's polyester content!

seriously, do people think this is somethiing new? we've been paying similar prices for similar material for as long as i can remember, the same as every other team... and all of a sudden this is a real issue for Thistle fans?

Worst. Pre-season. Ever.

Manufacturers often rely on a certain inelasticity of demand when it comes to football kits, but there has to be a snapping point. It's not the material for me, it's that it is poorly designed and looks like it's about to fall apart. It's entirely subjective though. I'd be worried if you're arguing that we should buy a strip irrespective of quality or design. There are ways of ensuring that the money saved still makes its way to the club.

Manufacturers often rely on a certain inelasticity of demand when it comes to football kits, but there has to be a snapping point. It's not the material for me, it's that it is poorly designed and looks like it's about to fall apart. It's entirely subjective though. I'd be worried if you're arguing that we should buy a strip irrespective of quality or design. There are ways of ensuring that the money saved still makes its way to the club.

i'm not arguing that point at all, never have at any point in this thread, or in any time as a fan.

infact i've argued the opposite many times due to my ever growing (with age) feeling that we are just treated like mugs, expected to pay any price for any product, get in line and stand or sit where we are told, whilst the boys in brass buttons lord it up in hospitality looking down on us whilst they strike their next business deal at the expense of my club.

i suppose thats why i continually get involved in things, (jags trust, firhill music collective, onethistle) to try and make it better for fans, be it matchday experience, representation, or range of merch. the problem is, i always go in knowing i'll get the stuffing knocked out me one way or an other. but maybe i'm the biggest mug of all... i just dust myself down and do it all again.

what an idiot! :happy2:

Yip I would have to agree and the badge looks as if its been sewn on by a blind cobbler!

Think of the static......... will we be safe in the main stand with all that polyester or will we need to go top less

• Like 1

the problem is, i always go in knowing i'll get the stuffing knocked out me one way or an other. but maybe i'm the biggest mug of all... i just dust myself down and do it all again.

what an idiot! :happy2:

Such is the mentality of the football fan. We all have our collection of pens that don't write, stickers that don't stick, towels that don't dry, flat footballs and pink camouflage tops. We're all idiots in this respect, it's just I'm choosing to be idiotic in a different way this season. I'll probably end up buying a branded wok instead.

• Like 1

The shop location seems to be an issue, I assume those people who won't go there because it is so out of the way are saving their energy to walk a million miles for one of their goals.

It's only a leisurely ten minutes from Cowcaddens subway, five from the Station bar.

• 2 weeks later...

This picture of Henoc shows a few things:

1. The "Pointer" logo - is this available on replica strips?

2. The type face an number

3. The fact that the yellow panel on the back means our shirts are suitable for the Champions League - Good forward planning, Joma!

1004816_558541524210577_1156596721_n.jpg

I think the kit looks good in action. The red/yellow shirt goes well with the black socks and shorts.

For official spl name and number print on my top I tried sports direct but the man who prints was on holiday. I then had a crazy idea that I'll probably get stick for but I went into the Celtic store while I was at Clydebank and the guy there printed my surname and number on both my home and away tops. Charged me £12 for each top which I thought was reasonable. Told me it was his first ever thistle top he had printed but said he's also done an Aberdeen one as well.

Needed a wash after being in that shop though but he done a good job and had a good chat about thistle.

Edited by ptfc95

My wife supports the Sevco. Just after we got married, I got her a pink t shirt, but had her "Mrs xxxxxx" printed on it (her married name). I could not find anyone open to print it and I had to use the celtic shop.

10 years of marriage and 18 years together, I've still never told her ...........................

My wife supports the Sevco. Just after we got married, I got her a pink t shirt, but had her "Mrs xxxxxx" printed on it (her married name). I could not find anyone open to print it and I had to use the celtic shop.

10 years of marriage and 18 years together, I've still never told her ...........................

Not Mrs Britton? :rolleyes:

For those who don't fancy any of the current thistle merchandise, it seems you can choose another joma item from the website and have the thistle badge embroided on to it.

I found this out as i wanted a pair of thistle tracksuit bottoms which they don't sell so I ordered a pair and left a message with my order to have the thistle badge on them. I phoned the shop beforehand to make sure it was possible and it was :)

• Like 1