Strips And Merchandise For Next Season

kni

There are some items that never go out of fashion (unless we change our badge again) so can be stocked, scarfs, Tammy's and ties would fall into that category.

I understand why TTL do the high end of our stock but small items, key rings, ties,scarfs etc the club should be able to stock.

My thoughts on the lost revenue opportunities are well known, it feels to me we take the road if least resistance and effort which lessens our potential revenue stream, we go on about a striker being a priority I would say a marketing or PR guru would be higher up as that could pay for that striker. Speculate to accumulate within reason.

I'm not and never have represented TTL, I have used my knowledge of being involved in choosing some of the range to assist folk, correct others and advise.

You are right it is a forum... But who are folk asking for an answer on here? Why not ask TTL or the club, rather than spout misinformed nonsense that folk who view the thread could take, incorrectly, as gospel.

^ I don't think that our colleagues here are looking for definitive answers, just expressing their collective disappointment. Then there is the issue of whether fans would get full answers or prompt email replies from the club's staff. That's not a criticism, just a recognition that we have a small number of staff who probably don't have the time to answer lots of emails.

Personally, I believe that the club could have sold a healthy amount of First Division Champions merchandise. The lack of a DVD has been discussed on other threads. However, celebratory scarves and t-shirts etc, in attractive designs, should have sold well.

To be fair to TTL, scarves, hats, keyrings, pens etc. are not what they are about. They are a sportswear company, and a small one at that. TTL is basically a guy and a couple of mates working from a unit in Port Dundas.

The hats, scarves, flags etc. should really be dealt with by someone else, as is being done at St. Mirren and Motherwell. TTL have already stated that they can't compete with the street vendors, so presumably they would have no objections if the club started to sell their own range of official merchandise?

On the subject of the street vendors - is what they are doing legal? Could the club not forcibly remove them on match days thus giving TTL/PTFC the opportunity to push our own stuff?

But, have you double checked that no man made fibres are used in the making of this scarf? Wouldn't want any polyester coming in to contact with your fragile skin, kni.

Thanks for your concern Ian. The scarf is 100% wool. :thumbsup2:

Allergies are a real pain to live with. I had a colleague who is allergic to chicken and even a tiny speck can kill him.

Edited by kni

On the canny find the right place to mention this without diggin' up some past its sell by thread.................

and on the subject of missed opportunities. There were a good couple of hundred at the U20s last night and no pie stall open. As it was free to come and go there were more than a few folk returning from a half time jaunt with fish suppers etc. A lot of kids in the mix so you'd assume a decent enough demand for even a Mars bar and juice.

Reserve, under 20s, under 19s games at Falkirk, Stenny, Alloa and any of the grounds we've had friendlies at all have some catering even if occasionally limited. An under 20 game v Celtic was virtually assured a relatively good attendance yet our esteemed caterers couldn't be arsed opening up one kiosk.

Not a personal grumble as I've stopped using our "catering" but I heard plenty of others bemused by this lack of initiative. Just posting this to further emphasise the level this franchise is currently at. Clearly they've either lost interest, just useless or a combination of both. It looks to me that they've no goodwill left to protect and with that in mind there's every reason to believe they'll even get worse if that's still possible.

^ You may mock but my colleague had an attack in a restaurant where he was regular. A new chef failed to heed the instructions and colleague was within minutes of dying when the doctor arrived. You would probably laugh if a fan had a heart attack in the JHS.

Thanks for your concern Ian. The scarf is 100% wool. :thumbsup2:

Allergies are a real pain to live with. I had a colleague who is allergic to chicken and even a tiny speck can kill him.

Uni scarves are itchy as f***, however very warm too.

I have the Glasgow Uni one and in the wrong light it can look like a Dundee United scarf. I remember shiteing it going down to Central Station to meet my missus on her first visit to Glasgow. When I got there I realised that the original Rangers had just played Dundee Utd and some of the knuckledraggers were smashing buckie bottles over Dundee United fans' heads. What a picture for someone's first visit to Glasgow.

I recommended this one last year for those who were in despair at the non-availability of Thistle tartan scarves. You can pick them up for less than a tenner in many shops that sell Scottish and woollen items.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brodie-Red-Modern-Tartan-Scarf-Scottish-Wool-Clan-Scarves-/360728859741?pt=UK_Scarves&hash=item53fd1d945d

Apology accepted.

Before you post tho, read over what you have typed. Consider if its getting the point across or just a rambling rant of over reaction and exaggeration... Then post.

Self awareness not your strong point then.

Did TTL pay you in cash or kind for your 'advice'?

Seems only fair you answer this given how strong your stance on truth is.

Personally I would also like to see the club get some Thistle scarves and bit and pieces into the club shop. Wouldn't impinge on TTF licence I presume?

The Champions scarf looks great but it was fraying at the edges by the end of the season and I got it at the Falkirk/Con-ba match.

I would be happy to pay a premium for a slightly better quality product. I don't fancy paying £40 or £50 for a cashmere option as I go through scarves at a rapid rate :P