Strips And Merchandise For Next Season

kni

This strip? with the broken centre white stripe and 3 qtr's broken outside white stripes?

beith-juniors-home-shirt.jpg

That's right. On the strip above it looks like the logo has been added to a top which has continuous stripes. On our strip it looks like the stripes have been crudely chopped off above and below the logo.

• Like 1

Perhaps you are right.

However, for the rest of us mortals who don't want a name and number on the strip, it looks awful.

The away top, however, will still look poor with name, number and SPL badge.

Can't agree .... You would think these are for the Paris catwalks !! They are football tops and every year they upset someone !!

• Like 1

That's right. On the strip above it looks like the logo has been added to a top which has continuous stripes. On our strip it looks like the stripes have been crudely chopped off above and below the logo.

Crudely? Thats not strictly accurate at all is it.

So it's ok for the stripes to be split by an embossed piece of extra material.

But it's not alright for the stripes to be split at the point of manufacture?

It might be that the colours suit being broken up more than ours, but that black and white top is nicer than ours.

Anyway, I've looked at it again and my problem isn't that the stripes are broken, but that they're broken for such a s***e logo. If the logo was long like last season, rather than square, it would look a lot nicer and fit in better with the open space in the centre of the strip.

Maybe it would have been better with red as the central stripe and only that one would need to have been broken, that way there wouldn't have been a large open yellow area either side of the sponsor logo.

Can't agree .... You would think these are for the Paris catwalks !! They are football tops and every year they upset someone !!

I guess we've been spoiled as the Puma strips (not the leisurewear) have been top quality. Now it looks like the leisurewear could be good and the strips honking.

Why cant we get unbroken stripes? (for the avoidance of any doubt, I'm confining this argument to the abomination on the back of the shirt)

It's not at all difficult to create a Thistle shirt which doesn't offend anyone. The amazing thing is just how often the club are unable to do it.

3349959916_0b213010f7_z.jpg

Pretty bloody simple, and yet look how so often it's not done: jester's top, 'paintbrush' effects, 'spraypaint' effects, pinstripes, and so on ... It's easy to get irritated when even the most simple tasks cannot be completed.

You seem to be wilfully argumentative over this matter, are you just on the wind up?

It is obvious that the Joma shirt is designed to include a sponsors loo which is rectangular in shape, to preserve the illusion of continual stripes.

That they've decided to place a logo onto that shirt which is not anything like that shape produces a shirt with obvious broken stripes, which a lot of people clearly think looks ugly.

It it was impossible to produce a shirt with continuous stripes with that particular logo, then surely a black box could have been added with a single line sponsor's logo inside, which would have looked so much better.

Instead the a shirt has been made with neither simple solution, which makes people think that both the manufacturer and the club couldn't really give a toss - or they have tin eyes and no visual design sense whatsoever.

Edited by peagreenboy
  • Like 2

I guess we've been spoiled as the Puma strips (not the leisurewear) have been top quality. Now it looks like the leisurewear could be good and the strips honking.

Why cant we get unbroken stripes? (for the avoidance of any doubt, I'm confining this argument to the abomination on the back of the shirt)

how do get unbroken stripes with a sponsor across the front?

This other option isn't particularly good - the shape of the logo is very awkward for the specific shirt design they chose - but just personally I think it looks better than the actual choice ...

fezza9.jpg

Not that it really matters. But I most likely won't buy one at all. We're such a big club though that money doesn't really matter to us.

This other option isn't particularly good - the shape of the logo is very awkward for the specific shirt design they chose - but just personally I think it looks better than the actual choice ...

fezza9.jpg

Not that it really matters. But I most likely won't buy one at all. We're such a big club though that money doesn't really matter to us.

:thumbsup2:

It's not at all difficult to create a Thistle shirt which doesn't offend anyone. The amazing thing is just how often the club are unable to do it.

3349959916_0b213010f7_z.jpg

Pretty bloody simple, and yet look how so often it's not done: jester's top, 'paintbrush' effects, 'spraypaint' effects, pinstripes, and so on ... It's easy to get irritated when even the most simple tasks cannot be completed.

You seem to be wilfully argumentative over this matter, are you just on the wind up?

It is obvious that the Joma shirt is designed to include a sponsors loo which is rectangular in shape, to preserve the illusion of continual stripes.

That they've decided to place a logo onto that shirt which is not anything like that shape produces a shirt with obvious broken stripes, which a lot of people clearly think looks ugly.

It it was impossible to produce a shirt with continuous stripes with that particular logo, then surely a black box could have been added with a single line sponsor's logo inside, which would have looked so much better.

Instead the a shirt has been made with neither simple solution, which makes people think that both the manufacturer and the club couldn't really give a toss - or they have tin eyes and no visual design sense whatsoever.

Quite agree, incidentally, the actual logo shape/design and colour was on MacB's insistance.

Why Joma went onto fit said logo on a large yellow square, i don't know. why they decided to give the top a yellow patch on the back, again i don't know. why they didn't heid my advice re colour of socks, i don't know.

But it's these three things that are the only minor points on the strip.

the reason i'm making a point of all this is due to folks lack of ability to describe something correctly.

Last night we had the socks described as looking "cheap & nasty" when obviously they don't look like that. actually a more accurate description would be "basic".

its a real pity that these three things have had an effect on the strip. if they had been implemented correctly, i would say this would be one of the best home tops we've had.

While I'm on a role: Anybody else think that the location of the shop is stupid? I still can't locate it on a map, and will be unlikely to go out of my way to go there for a look. Wouldn't premises on Maryhill Road make much more sense for Partick Thistle?

if irc it's where a joma warehouse is located. it will be easier gotten to by car, based on the address on the main site.

heading from possil/port dundas towards the port dundas junction to the M8 before you hit said junction you turn left at the roundabout and the street that the shop is on will be the next street you come to. (alternatively book a taxi, cough cough)

Edited by jagaloon

Once again, how good would this have been compared to what we've been saddled with.

http://s983.photobuc.../strip.jpg.html

Exactly, it's not rocket science. One Q&A with fans and hey presto (might have to ban a few colour blind dafties though).

That big yellow bit could be worked on at one of those print shops..... heh heh heh.... I wonder how much a big stealth bomber logo would cost....

Edited by alx