Spl Vote Defeated

jagsman411971

Delighted with this news. The proposed restructuring was based on the failed Swiss model.

I have yet to hear good reasons against 3 leagues of 14 clubs. There could be 26 games before a split then an additional 12 games after it. Alternatively play each other 3 times for 39 games.

What a complete farce Scottish football is becoming(is?) the fundamental financial parlousness of many clubs existence's has not been tackled.The SFA and the SFL, in other words the clubs themselves are in my view guilty of quite shocking mismanagement over the whole issue. Firstly they invite opinion, then ignore the responses. Then they come up with a proposal that they singularly fail to fully explain the public, not to mention their member clubs. The bottom line is that if a fourteen team is financially inviolable then quite simply prove it in black and white, instead of nebulous comments that such a proposal is financially impossible. People are by and large not fools and when given clear and accurate information will make rational decisions, as was the case with Rangers or whatever their name is, last summer. I frankly do not trust any of the parties involved to speak for the good of the game, unless this is sorted and soon Scottish football is destined for the dustbin of history.

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 1

As much as I hate splits if 3 14s are used the split also has to be used. Play other 13 teams home and away = 26 games. Split into two 7s. Play other 6 teams home and away = 12 games which gives you 38 games. Playing each other 3 times doesn't work as you would have teams complaining they had to go to parkhead twice whereas rivals only had to go once etc....

As much as I hate splits if 3 14s are used the split also has to be used. Play other 13 teams home and away = 26 games. Split into two 7s. Play other 6 teams home and away = 12 games which gives you 38 games. Playing each other 3 times doesn't work as you would have teams complaining they had to go to parkhead twice whereas rivals only had to go once etc....

Think you'd need a 6/8 split to avoid teams having a week off. Would be a nightmare going into the last day of the season and you're not playing but could be relegated.

"Ahead of the vote, Milne had reiterated the view of the clubs in favour of the proposal that "there is no plan B"."

I don't know if you could make this rubbish up.

At least we know who not to ask to organise the next bunfight in Kiplings ...

Exactly, i could not believe the "No Plan B" quote, simply staggering!

I don't believe that playing each team three times would work. I just think that the current SPL is better than a 14 team league with a 39 game season. Most seasons there tends to be excitement at both ends of the league, the only problem is how much of a closed shop it is and the unfair financial distribution.

Was the proposed revamped prize-money distribution accepted by the clubs earlier in the season? I'm sure it was I just can't remember if it would only happen if the current vote passed too.

Think you'd need a 6/8 split to avoid teams having a week off. Would be a nightmare going into the last day of the season and you're not playing but could be relegated.

Apart from relegation worries, it worked fine in the 5 nations for years. I don't see the problem with odd numbers in each half post-split. In fact, it could be welcomed when matches seem to be postponed more readily than in past years it would mean teams occasionally have a break before playing rescheduled games midweek.