Spl Vote Defeated

jagsman411971

Charlie Green seen at last St Mirren home game. St Mirren vote against league reconstruction. Doncaster now says SPHell 2 is now back on the agenda. Cue invite to Sevco 5088/Scotland into the 2nd tier?. I am not for or against the proposals but being the cynical ******* that I am I cant help seeing a Sevco involvement here!!

Who says Scottish football aint corrupt!!

Edited to add.....just watched Scotland Today with the only comment coming from one club...Sevco. Guess what, they are backing Ross Co and St Mirren......whole thing stinks!

IMO if they create an SPL2 and invite Sevco then so be it, as long as it is for the better of Scottish Football.

Hilarious as it may be making them work up the leagues is just postponing the inevitable.

Putting this proposal in would make many games irrelevant.

Paul Paton@PaulPaton43h

Well done St Mirren and Ross County. Fans don't want 12-12-18!! ⚽ #SPL

Don¬t give a toss what Paul Paton says either.This has been done to help Newco or Sevco or Pishco or whatever else you want to call them.Loads of funny handshakes going on down Paisley and Govan methinks .Paton should remember as well his new chairman voted for 12-12- 18.

Don¬t give a toss what Paul Paton says either.This has been done to help Newco or Sevco or Pishco or whatever else you want to call them.Loads of funny handshakes going on down Paisley and Govan methinks .Paton should remember as well his new chairman voted for 12-12- 18.

How does it help them?

Graham spiers just raised prospect of 10-10 SPL.... They couldn't do it to us, could they?

Quoting myself here. But I'm seriously concerned. If SPL 2 was rushed through they wouldn't expand the to league and could easily reduce it. Dundee down already, so only the second bottom club would stand to lose out. With the rest of the lower split taken up by the bigger clubs we'd have no chance of being voted in.

Please tell me I'm being paranoid!

How does it help them?

It helps them cos now they`re talking about an spl too and inviting in chuckles green and his band of ugly brothers.If that vote had gone today 12-12-18, Pishco would have been in the 3rd tier of the leagues next year again.Say no to Newco.Hate them.

It helps them cos now they`re talking about an spl too and inviting in chuckles green and his band of ugly brothers.If that vote had gone today 12-12-18, Pishco would have been in the 3rd tier of the leagues next year again.Say no to Newco.Hate them.

They'll be in the third tier regardless.

SPL - Tier 1

SFL1 - Tier 2

SFL2 - Tiers 3.

How does it help them?

If SPHell 2 comes in and they get an invite they could be back in the SPHell a year earlier than anticipated and that is something that St Midden definitely want (mind you after watching some of their games on ESPN, that is certainly no foregone conclusion)

They'll be in the third tier regardless.

SPL - Tier 1

SFL1 - Tier 2

SFL2 - Tiers 3.

No they wont, if SPHell 2 comes about. Its been made clear that invites will be issued for an SPHell 2 and an invite will certainly be sent to Sevco 5088/Scotland. Bank on it!!

Edited by Lindau

No they wont, if SPHell 2 comes about. Its been made clear that invites will be issued for an SPHell 2 and an invite will certainly be sent to Sevco 5088/Scotland. Bank on it!!

There have been talks on SPL2 for the last 10 years. Nothing has happened, why would they do it this summer?

Simply to hasten the return of the Old Firm monopoly of Scottish football.

Exactly.....who voted Sevco out of the SPHell...all the SPHell clubs, but what they didnt bank on was the SFL clubs pumping them all the way to the bottom tier. They only wanted them punished for one year in SFL1 so the money cow that is Sevco would be back in the shortest possible time.. Who was the outraged SPHell chairman who voiced his discontent at the SFL clubs decision......yes, a certain Mr Gilmour!!

Edited by Lindau

This announcement today is a complete shocker. Stewart Milne reckons St Mirren and Ross Co have voted against the greater good of Scottish football. As all Jags fans know Milne is a man of high integrity who selflessly puts the welfare of Scottish football ahead of his own club's interest. A real smack in the face for such a wonderful guy.

Seeing Milne so upset puts a bit of a damper on tomorrow night. Thinking of not going now.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 3

They are at desperation point now!

Not really.

I'm delighted that the 12-12-18 got scuppered for 2 reasons. 1. The 14-14-14 is a MUCH better idea and covers pretty much everything you need in Scottish football and 2. It means Thistle only need to be better than 1 other club next season!!

If SPHell 2 comes in and they get an invite they could be back in the SPHell a year earlier than anticipated and that is something that St Midden definitely want (mind you after watching some of their games on ESPN, that is certainly no foregone conclusion)

So out of fear of Rangers being promoted 1 year earlier we should go for an 8-8-8 setup with 22 meaningless games?

This was posted on pieandbovril.

Gilmour is on record for-

1. Wanting the 11-1 abolished for all issues, and not just for the reconstruction vote that was offered today. He wants democracy put in place.

2. A redistribution of wealth.

3. Play-offs.

4. Reconstruction but not the mental 12-12-18. He had been advocating 14 for the SPL for a year now.

5. Financial rules to be put in place to stop other ****wits screwing their clubs which in turn screw Scottish Football.

6. Pyramid system.

Any time I've heard Doncaster, Milne and the Dundee guy Gardiner speak about the reconstruction proposals they have sounded like blustering bullies...no convincing explanation why the whole package had to be accepted or why only their particular version of the 12-12-18 set up and no other option was viable.

On the other hand Stuart Gilmour came over as articulate and reasonable - I would have been very pleased if he had been putting forward Thistle's case...particularly as it would have been a very satisfying GIRUY revenge for the second vote SPL stitch-up that cast Thistle into the wilderness.

I'm not sure what the real agenda is but I find the scaremongering about the Second Coming of Armageddon or that the SPL clubs are acting in the best interests of Scottish Football hard to believe.

Edited by Winter of '63

So out of fear of Rangers being promoted 1 year earlier we should go for an 8-8-8 setup with 22 meaningless games?

Where at any point have I said that?? As I said earlier, I have no real feelings on the 12-12-18 senario and I think a 14-14-14 is ok. All I am pointing out is dont underestimate Sevco's involvement in all this. Why are a 3rd division side that has no voting rights getting quoted left, right and centre tonight backing St Mirren. Stinks to the high heaven!

Edited by Lindau

I'm still hiding under my bed because I hear that this is armageddon.

The current scottish first division is the toughest league in Europe. 10 teams in the league and if you finish 2nd, it means nothing. Even bottom of the table Airdrie nearly beat us at the weekend.

The top 12 are ok, but everyone can see we have 15-16 teams who have the fanbase and ability to sustain a top league. Maybe it might help the scottish national team if there were more opportnities for Scots (like at Thistle)

i hate the way that in Scotland everyone HAS to be old firm. My boss always says that i MUST secretly support one of them. What a joke!!!

My brother asked Toastie if he tries less hard when he plays against his boyhood heroes. Toastie was just gobsmacked.

Needless to say that my brother does support the old firm.