Beattie, Paton And Erskine

javeajag

Fair point

But still: that money would prove vital in enhancing this squad for SPL

I'd love to see Bachirou come in for Paton. Erskine will be much harder to replace, he's almost a one off

No criticism, just clarification. We will need every pound to improve the squad. Beattie said that he will be prudent with the playing budget.

It's a shame and I expect they did not say anything official until we knew how the league challenge would pan out and as it is almost in the bag then they can go public and stop people and journalists pestering them especially Paton on twitter.

Paton. Thanks for the effort. A vastly improved player over the past 2 seasons and a real captain. I am disappointed but it could be argued that we have not massively missed him the past few games. It frees up a space in the squad and may allow Archie to bring in a more experienced midfield general type.

Erskine. One of those few players who really really excite. The biggest loss of the 2. A player vastly underrated by some elements of the support and it is to their detriment. A wonder goal against Airdrie a few months ago. A wonder goal last season when he took it all the way from beyond the half way line and scored. From Junior football to possible European action. Thanks for the memories. We recovered from the loss of Cairney and we will recover from the loss of Erskine.

I will welcome them both back at Firhill and shake their hand for their efforts.

• Like 5

On the radio they were saying Bachirou could do a job in Paton's place. He'd be a good signing, however between him and Bannigan who would be the main defensive midfield options, there isn't much experience, certainly not at SPL level. We'll still have Murray I guess too.

Oh yes, and thanks to both players. Paton has been a captain in the making for a few years now and has really brought his game on under McNamara and Archie. He deserves this move, but compared with Erskine he will be easier to replace (see my post above).

Erskine has been one of my favourite Thistle players ever. On his day he's amazing to watch, but he can be so frustrating sometimes. A typical thistle player, except that he has added the consistency to his game that we always hoped he would.

Sad to see both go, but they deserve it (even if 'job half done' McNamara doesn't deserve them).

• Like 1

Thanks very much for your effort lads.

Archibald, please don't play Erskine again. There are people at the club who I'd imagine do want to play here next season, and will want to fight to be included.

AND AS PERSONAL OPINION Erskine didn't kick a ball tonight and looked like he couldn't be ersed/wants to keep uninjured for his move. Thanks for your goals and talent, go away.

Feel free to jump down my throat.

• Like 1

Great effort from both this season - we should be grateful for their huge contribution to one of our best ever seasons.

I genuinely hope they go on to have great careers and have no doubt they will look back on season 12-13 as the best they ever had in terms of being part of something special and consistent achievement.

Think Paton will be harder to replace than we might think - guys like that are big off the park as well as on it. Erskine is unique and in terms of like for like therefore irreplacable - but we can hopefully compensate by playing with different threats.

2 main factors I reckon:

1: money

2; Europe, Celtic will win SPL giving DUFC Scottish cup Europa spot. Now, if they could just find 80k sitting about......

Hibs wil get the Europa spot, no?

Dundee Utd will finish 6th.

Erskine's had the season of his life & will need that next season to replace Mackay-Steven.

Paton a funny one. The Arabs aren't even sure about that one.

McNamara trying to rebuild Jags at Tannidive not going down brilliantly either.

Hey-ho, they're yesterday's men now. Wish them all the best at their new club though can't say same about their manager.

Onwards & upwards.

Edited by Trotter

I agree with peagreenboy. Erskine hasn't kicked a ball for some weeks now. He's a great player on his day, I think we would all agree with that, but lately he's been out of sorts. His first touch has deserted him. I would put him on the subs bench next game and give Craig and Doolan a go up front together with Lawless and Forbes supporting. Assuming we go on to win the league, Erskine and Paton will be as responsible for getting us there as any other player, so we have to thank them for their efforts and wish them the best. Hopefully they will both reserve their worst games next year against the Mighty Jags.

two players do not make a team. will be sorry to see them go but that is football. all I want from them is 100% effort in these last three games, if they are playing.

I am sure we will get it because they will want to have winners medals.

if we win the league at Falkirk then give the younger lads a game for the last two.

Hibs wil get the Europa spot, no?

Dundee Utd will finish 6th.

Erskine's had the season of his life & will need that next season to replace Mackay-Steven.

Paton a funny one. The Arabs aren't even sure about that one.

McNamara trying to rebuild Jags at Tannidive not going down brilliantly either.

Hey-ho, they're yesterday's men now. Wish them all the best at their new club though can't say same about their manager.

Onwards & upwards.

Aye, yet right about Europe. F**k knows whit I was thinkin