Beattie, Paton And Erskine

javeajag

Thanks for that. We should clinch the title on Saturday. Archie should play only those who are committed to our club.

A thousand times yes. They'll both get their medals and we can applaud them to thank them for a great season. But I want to cheer people who want to be here next season, not ones already out the door, having their cheery faces photographed up at Tannadice.

Glad no one is suggesting the club push the boat out to keep these players.

Also glad we're not offering 3 year deals on SPL wages, when we've seen too often clubs being relegated and spewing money, Dunfermline springs to mind.

They go with my best wishes and hopefully Archie will find better replacements.

Seems McNamoney rates these two above any of his own signings............

Has Paton really signed a 3 year deal? So much for the 'only signing one year deals to keep me hungry'.

Plenty of time to keep the bench warm ...

One of two things will happen - McNamara is a success, which means he'll be straight out the door at the first opportunity, most likely to Celtic, or he's duff and gets the sack.

What happens to these players he's bringing along in either case? It's said in another post other backroom staff might be on their way to Dundee ... I wonder how long term they're thinking?

Has Paton really signed a 3 year deal? So much for the 'only signing one year deals to keep me hungry'.

IIRC Paton turned down our offers of 2-year deals. Instead, he signed two 1-year deals so that he could leave for nothing if another club wanted him.

Wouldn't have an issue with either of them playing again this season.

Both have been great servants to the club and have stayed for the lengths of their contracts, it's not like they are contracted to us next season and are jumping ship early to united.

they have served their time and their time runs until the dumbarton game.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Totally agree with this. They're still being paid to play for us and have obviously both been committed to the cause before all this PCA stuff and, looking at Chris's twitter post, still now, and still have feelings for Thistle and genuinely want us to keep doing well. I, personally, would like to see them both playing at least part of the game on Saturday because I want to see our strongest team out there as well as wanting one last look at the side that did it for us this year.

• Like 1

As already said, Paton unlikely to play for us again because of injury.

Disappointed both of them agreed to this photo. Sign contracts to give you financial security & a rise in wages- not a problem, but to see the 3 of them in a cosy picture doesn't sit well with me after what McNamara did.

The biggest problem not playing Erskine again is that it does make us a tad hypocritical to play who we may release at the end of the season whatever happens?

Players come & go. That's football. Loyalty long gone.

Personally I think McNamara will struggle up there next year with Daly, Russell & Mackay-Steven gone but to be honest I don't care so long as we get the money he owes us.

It would be funny to see it implode though. :)

As already said, Paton unlikely to play for us again because of injury.

Disappointed both of them agreed to this photo. Sign contracts to give you financial security & a rise in wages- not a problem, but to see the 3 of them in a cosy picture doesn't sit well with me after what McNamara did.

Agree. It's very much a 'rub it in and GIRUY' picture from McNahalfseason. Could easily have held back on the picture, either never posting it, or at the very very least, delaying its publication until after the contracts run out. Add in the oustanding £80k, and this oxygen-thief is ensuring that he will never be welcome again at Firhill, and DU will never get any sympathy or support from Jags fans if that club ever ends up in a Dunfermline Admin type scenario.

Personally I think McNamara will struggle up there next year

It would be funny to see it implode though. :)

He will, and it will.

It's written in the constellations.

Gonna stick my neck out a bit here and possibly upset a few folk.

Some of the abuse from some of our fans to Chris & Paul is disgusting to their twitter accounts or posted in the Jags fans Facebook thingy.

The guys saw out their contract, were here for a decent amount of time in todays game, and done their bit for us.

I cannot blame them for trying pastures new when more money is put on the table when they all have families to provide for and houses and bills to pay for.

I for one won't boo them and will clap them when they appear against us.

• Like 4

Some of the abuse from some of our fans to Chris & Paul is disgusting to their twitter accounts or posted in the Jags fans Facebook thingy.

The guys saw out their contract, were here for a decent amount of time in todays game, and done their bit for us.

I cannot blame them for trying pastures new when more money is put on the table when they all have families to provide for and houses and bills to pay for.

Well said mate.

Agreed - the abuse is pathetic. Given the way we portray ourselves as a club some of the 'fans' need to look at themselves. Absolutely embarrassing.

Sorry to see them go but the club is always bigger than a couple of players

Agree with you in the main norge, but .....

IF we had been paid the £80k we were legally due from McNahalfseason

and

IF McNahalfseason hadn't decided to try move half our squad and over half of backroom staff to DU before season is ended (as in, AFAIK or anyone else knows, no other teams have offered any PCA to any of our players).....

We could have been in the position, knowing for certain now we are going up, to put new contracts on table to PP and CE (and others) that could have been financially good enough for them to stay here.

That's what grates and upsets so many here.

Don't utilise twatter of twofacedbook, so haven't seen the posts or abuse you refer to, but i do condemn anything that has been directed at CE or PP that is abusive and over the top - however any abuse towards McNahalfseason directly is completely merited.

Agree with you in the main norge, but .....

IF we had been paid the £80k we were legally due from McNahalfseason

and

IF McNahalfseason hadn't decided to try move half our squad and over half of backroom staff to DU before season is ended (as in, AFAIK or anyone else knows, no other teams have offered any PCA to any of our players).....

We could have been in the position, knowing for certain now we are going up, to put new contracts on table to PP and CE (and others) that could have been financially good enough for them to stay here.

That's what grates and upsets so many here.

Don't utilise twatter of twofacedbook, so haven't seen the posts or abuse you refer to, but i do condemn anything that has been directed at CE or PP that is abusive and over the top - however any abuse towards McNahalfseason directly is completely merited.

This is no fault of the 2 players, the gripe is with Jackie and DUFC the abuse for 2 guys trying to further themselves career wise is wrong