Pfa Player Of The Year Nominations

twinny

Of the four Livi games I think I've only seen Scougall play two full games, looked better than decent. Taylor is the only Falkirk player that scored against us seemed to be a menace. Tidser was duff the other week but in the other games near enough Morton's best player.

I suppose Chris will have a hard job winning this as he's probably not as consistent as the other three

Erskine for me.

Not seen enough of Scougal to comment.

Taylor doesn't really do it for me

And for all the stuff n bluster from Morton fans about Tidser, i can't remember him standing out. he was bossed in the 2-2 game by Murray and Paton, and in Morton's 2 "must win games" Hamilton away and Thistle away his bottle completely went and spent the game hiding behind the ref so he couldn't receive a pass.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Agree Tidser shouldn't win it, but can't agree that High Murray bossed him in that game. Our lads in the middle just about kept Bachirou (sp?) quiet, however Tidser was bossing it.

I would love Erskine to win it but it's hard to argue with Taylor's goal return in what is quite a poor Falkirk team.

I have rarely seen any evidence to suggest Tidser is the player Morton fans rave about. I thought he played very well in the Boxing Day defeat but other than that, he often flatters to deceive, in my opinion.

Agree Tidser shouldn't win it, but can't agree that High Murray bossed him in that game. Our lads in the middle just about kept Bachirou (sp?) quiet, however Tidser was bossing it.

Didn't you know Hugh Murray bosses every game he plays in?

I agree that Erskine should win it though- he's been magnificent. I don't even think he's been partcularly inconsistent (bearing in mind that conistency for an attacking player is very different to that for a defensive one). For example, the league's two leading scorers were only consistent enough to manage a total of 1 goal (I think) against us in the 9 games we played against Falkirk and Hamilton

It should probably also be remembered that Erskine isn't a "striker" (is he?). So it's not just about scoring, it's about buzzing around, probing, creating spaces, passing, sending other forwards into space. He's great at all of these (though sometimes the final ball goes a bit awry). And he also tracks back and tackles.

For me, as he's the only Jag in the running and he's been (almost) consistently good at all of the above, he deserves this accolade.........

before moving onto what will hopefully be a dismal career at Tannadice.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 1

I agree that Erskine should win it though- he's been magnificent. I don't even think he's been partcularly inconsistent (bearing in mind that conistency for an attacking player is very different to that for a defensive one). For example, the league's two leading scorers were only consistent enough to manage a total of 1 goal (I think) against us in the 9 games we played against Falkirk and Hamilton

Taylor scored against us twice. But he drew a big fat blank last Saturday and was well marshalled by Dowie and Balatoni. Erskine hit three against Falkirk. The prize is his. In my mind....