Pre-Season

kni

Don't think the club has much money for pre season tours. Sorry to be the spoil sport. Maybe down to the army base & away days in Scotland. Personally it would be good to have a link up with a welsh team after their fans were at Firhill.

Cant agree more re Army training....disappointed it hasn't been arranged this close season...or has it!

been looking into train tickets to Durham, best price i can see is £55. anyone know of any cheaper one?

£44.60 on East Coast - down on 07.45 from Q Street and back on the 18.19. You can do it for a tenner cheaper if you fancy the 06.01, which is direct - quite what you'd do at 9am in Durham is another matter...

I thought the text commentary was going to be available only to TAG members, however as that is not up and running yet, then perhaps making text commentary available to all from friendlies would be a last minute chance to advertise the TAG scheme.

Not a train but I do know the supporters bus is £25

The supporters' bus (City Centre) isn't leaving till 9.30 am - it says that should allow over two hours to explore Durham before the bus leaves for the ground - that would suggest the anticipated journey time is approx. 2hrs30mins / 2hrs45mins - hmmm....

The supporters' bus (City Centre) isn't leaving till 9.30 am - it says that should allow over two hours to explore Durham before the bus leaves for the ground - that would suggest the anticipated journey time is approx. 2hrs30mins / 2hrs45mins - hmmm....

I would think in a coach more like 3hrs tho' maybe on a Saturday you could do it a wee bit quicker.

That's what I was thinking - approx. three and a half hours would be more realistic - the train takes three hours and I think it unlikely a coach could beat that - happy to be proved wrong though.

Does the Glasgow to Durham train not go via Edinburgh and everywhere in between though? I remember years ago deciding it was faster to go Durham to Edinburgh then get the bus Edinburgh to Glasgow.

Does the Glasgow to Durham train not go via Edinburgh and everywhere in between though? I remember years ago deciding it was faster to go Durham to Edinburgh then get the bus Edinburgh to Glasgow.

yeah the train from eburgh is 1 hr 48 , it will take an hour going from Glasgow to Edinburgh and stopping in between i would think.