Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

If the club had a water tight contract on compensation and the bonus, McNamara is only harming his own reputation.

However, it appears that the McNamara and Donnelly were given permission to negotiate terms with United without the compensation terms being agreed let alone paid.

:thinking:

Edited by kni
  • Like 1

However, it appears that the McNamara and Donnelly were given permission to negotiate terms with United without the compensation terms being agreed let alone paid.

Partick Thistle couldn't stop him talking to United. We didn't own him. He then resigned his contract, triggering the compensation money clause due to be paid, and voiding any bonus payments included in the contract (because nothing had been won when he left). These terms should be clearly stated in the contract he agreed to, and then resigned from.

Thistle either have the worst legal advice in the country, or McNamara is completely in the wrong. Of course there may be information being withheld from us.

Obviously we cannot rely on the media as they couldn't care less about the diddy teams and Jackie's a legend at the GTITW.

He is responsible for the compensation money being paid, as he resigned from his contract. United offered to pay it on his behalf, albeit in instalments - which Thistle refused, as Thistle believed the money was due in full immediately.

• Like 1

First off I am no lawyer and only wondering about the points made below.

With thistle refusing Dundee utd offer they basically said that he could not leave. He then resigned to join utd so unless thistle thought he would never do something like that then we are in the right. But what if in his contract it said nothing about resigning to join a club that he would have to pay this fee.

I assume the 80k relates to him buying himself out of his own contract.

He will surely not be due a bonus cos he achieve FA. Indeed we had nearly hit a brick wall under him and Morton started to charge ahead albeit we had games in hand.

My last point is why is the Sfa, uefa or FIFA involved? Maybe it's not there place but surely this man has no sporting integrity and I wonder if thistle have a case that he has stall on this payment to sign up some of our players. I am not saying it would have help erskine or Paton to stay but I fear that we may lose another to utd before this is over. That money could have been used to sign guys up before the end of the season so as the snake could not get his hands on them. Not saying we would win that kinda case but pretty sure he would not what that being banded about the press cos it would surely ruin his already low reputation. so a quick settlement thereafter.

I hope we take this all the way. We have had a rubbish time in the courts but don't see him having a claim at all. Depends on the contract I suppose!

We are all groping a bit in the dark here as we have no sight of the wording of the contracts. Are we entitled to compensation from him, depends on the contractual wording. Is he entitled to a promotion bonus, depends upon the contractual wording. Is he morally entitled to anything, well it does not matter as the courts will not deal on the morality of the situation.

Unless is it crystal clear in the contract, we may be on to plums.

I'm raging at all the carry on caused by McNamara & there is no way I'll be at tannadice but i worry what kind of effect it would have on the team. Twelfth man and all that. I'm all for screwing united & money grabbing McNamara as much as possible but I also really want to get points off them! I've hated them since the play offs in the 90s!

Might be a silly idea but the fans could go to Tannadice and stand outside the ground. As long as the team can hear you singing and there to support you,d still have the 12th man and they would get diddly squat money.

^ This statement suggests that the club could have chosen not to give permission to speak to United. Aren't managers subject to the same "tapping up" rules as players? The compensation payment is similar to a transfer fee.

I'm pretty sure by the time Thistle posted that statement it was being widely reported (on Twitter and message boards etc.) that McNamara had agreed to leave. There's nothing in the world to stop the United chairman having a conversation with McNamara's agent -- and then McNamara telling the Thistle board he's off to talk to United, knowing full well the deal already in place.

Might be a silly idea but the fans could go to Tannadice and stand outside the ground. As long as the team can hear you singing and there to support you,d still have the 12th man and they would get diddly squat money.

That's the same crap nonsense the Sevco fans were considering. Seems to me more likely to embarrass the players as encourage them. If anyone doesn't want to go, don't go but any idea of a boycott is nonsense and is not going to happen. Charles Green doesn't work for Thistle/

Charles Green doesn't work for Thistle/

JESUS everyone's obsessed with the team from Ibrox around here.

Just think, at the VERY WORST we won't have to play that team for an entire season. If we're lucky we could go YEARS without encountering them. How about we stop thinking about them constantly?

Rangers lurch from one embarrassment to another. I don't want Thistle to be connected in any way with them that's why we shouldn't boycott DU.

They banned Chick Young from broadcasting this afternoon so he left the ground. Chris McLaughlin, who wrote the Green philosophy advert article, was kicked out Ibrox. What a bunch of numpties! :lol:

They banned Chick Young from broadcasting this afternoon so he left the ground. Chris McLaughlin, who wrote the Green philosophy advert article, was kicked out Ibrox. What a bunch of numpties! :lol:

Seen it suggested that this shows internal strife at Ibrokes since that article advert must have come from an internal source. Possibly the suggestion about relying on youth didn't go down well with Ally and his chums on the board since it hints he's not getting that £10 million he needs to win the 2nd division.

(This is realistic actually. I know QoS said they did it with £350K but when you've got Ally as manager you need millions to win it).

(This is realistic actually. I know QoS said they did it with £350K but when you've got Ally as manager you need millions to win it).

£350k would be Doonhamers' wages not their transfer budget. Rangers' wage bill must be a few £million.

Funny that that article advert has been amended to include the disclaimer at the top explaining what it actually is. I emailed a complaint to the BBC yesterday evening.

Have you received a reply? The BBC is notoriously defensive, especially when it is accused of bias.

Edited by kni

Ironic thing is that I spoke with one of the players at the celebrations in the star & garter and he told me that that he truly believed we wouldn't have won the league had McNamara stayed.He liked him but felt that Archies tactics were far better away from home. McNamara he said told them to play the exact same way all the time.Makes mcnamaras claim all the more ridiculous.

For everyone watching most of the games, especially away ones, it was obvious that McNamara had no idea how or why to change the pattern of play. Archie's substitutions have all been made to add something at the right time, and the team's general approach has clearly been successful to a degree that McNamara was not capable of: 18 matches unbeaten is a very good record indeed. So the player's assessment is obviously correct.

• Like 1

Only won one game in the last 8. Worrying times for next season for them even more so if they loss Steven, Russell and daly!

So Paton and Erskine will not improve their squad? Russell seems keen for a move abroad. Rumours suggest that Daly is heading to Ibrox. It's too early to make forecasts with lots of SPL players out of contract.

Interesting to see that Judas has only won 4 games since he bolted and one of them against a Third Division team. £ 40 grand you're having a laugh.

Oh Judas Mac, He's gonna get the sack

Oh Judas Mac you aint coming back

Archie he's gonna **** your wife

And Shaggy's gonna have a go too

Edited by Tartanjag
  • Like 2