Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

More Twitter gossip from Spencey. Utd offered 2 payments of 40k or lump sum of 50k. We wanted 80k up front - how unreasonable! Offer has now been withdrawn. Thistle refusing to comment other than saying its with the lawyers

Why is it unreasonable? He was our contracted asset and the selling price was 80K, pay the 80K and get him, don't pay the 80K and get told where to jog

• Like 1

More Twitter gossip from Spencey. Utd offered 2 payments of 40k or lump sum of 50k. We wanted 80k up front - how unreasonable! Offer has now been withdrawn. Thistle refusing to comment other than saying its with the lawyers

Very interesting. £50K? If true, how ridiculous is that? It was a sellers market and the price was £80K. Do you want to buy or don't you? Stealing anyway isn't an option.

On the face of it this court case would seem to be a certain victory for Thistle and United would have to pay somewhere in the region of £120K with both parties legal costs.

Would be interesting to know when the 2 post-dated cheques were to be time stamped. Do you think Judy's pal would let us know if we sent a nice wee E-Mail?

I have it on good authority that Pressley was offered job, agreed terms himself with DU but then Falkirk & DU couldn't on to agreement re compo. The upshot being Pressley refused to resign unlike McNamara.

If true, seems like Pressley did what any reasonably minded individual would do. Bet the Falkirk fans think well of him.

Judas on the other hand was offski like a bat outta hell. No thoughts of the consequences. A selfish desperado. If he had used his brain he'd have realised he actually had value in his own stock and didn't have to jump into bed with the first tart that showed a bit of thigh.

Now he's being used and abused like a "Puppet On A String" and he's having to conceal the whole shoddy business with a false smile and a two faced attitude.

If he had any integrity he would have resigned his position at Tannadice as soon as he realised the mess that he was getting himself into.

3/4 months holiday and he'd have been snapped up elsewhere.

Now, there's a very good chance he'll struggle at a club with such obvious financial difficulties. Sacked in a years time with a smelly stigma attached to his name.

I can't wait. and it's my dearest wish that it's us who relegate the dirty shower of cheating Arab bandits.

• Like 1

The one thing I'd say against Spence is that he is quick enough to report McNamara's side of the story whilst pretty much ignoring ours. I acknowledge that we declined to comment any further than that the case was in the hands of our lawyers but the media coverage that has been afforded to McNamara is almost somewhat of a smear campaign.

As for his recent spiel, he's acknowledged the clause in his contract which pretty much nullifies the stance his lawyers were reputedly adopting that it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

We gave McNamara his chance in management, stuck by him after a very mediocre first season and don't forget we paid for his rehab when he broke his leg at Somerset Park while he was still playing. His tactics throughout this whole episode defy what his media buddies would have you believe; with their help, he's managed to hide the fact that he is a greedy, devious scumbag who rarely leaves anywhere on good terms.

I would imagine spence is being fed these stories from his united mole on a regular basis. Maybe time that Thistle started saying a bit more wihout prejudicing their case.

JM is making my blood boil. He wanted wished good luck and a pat on the back. Funk right off. At the end of the day, he was an employee who decided to resign. Clause in contract activated. Cough up united. And not in dribs and drabs either.

FAF watching all you weegies slavering aboot jackie wanting his earned/deserved money. Pay up! **** me how many times can we turn you's over? jackie, compo, erskine, Paton, play offs... Can't wait to do the same again next season. Forever in our shadow xx

Wow - you must have some social life that you hang about in a thistle forum.

What's up - your sister seeing to your da just now?

• Like 3

FAF watching all you weegies slavering aboot jackie wanting his earned/deserved money. Pay up! **** me how many times can we turn you's over? jackie, compo, erskine, Paton, play offs... Can't wait to do the same again next season. Forever in our shadow xx

MacNamara?

You are a ******* moron.

FYI its 'McNamara'.

• Like 1

Jesus internet has came to Glebe street, hey Pa Broon how you doing

• Like 1

Whilst it was entertaining to have our rivals from The Tail o' the Bank on the site I fear that, with promotion, every SPL supporting half-wit (provincial or not) will start polluting the site with their hugely insightful views on all things pertaining to Thistle and, by extension, Glasgow (I suspect they would be too intimidated to do the same on a Celtic or a The Rangers/Sevco site so I imagine we are fair game). :crazy::happy3:

Can't wait for "DonsBoyCupWinnersCup", or "TynecastleTrooper51" followed by "LisbonBhoy67Easter1916" and "LeithManSevennil" to make their tiresome way onto the site. :frantic: :frantic:

• Like 1

Whilst it was entertaining to have our rivals from The Tail o' the Bank on the site I fear that, with promotion, every SPL supporting half-wit (provincial or not) will start polluting the site with their hugely insightful views on all things pertaining to Thistle and, by extension, Glasgow (I suspect they would be too intimidated to do the same on a Celtic or a The Rangers/Sevco site so I imagine we are fair game). :crazy::happy3:

Can't wait for "DonsBoyCupWinnersCup", or "TynecastleTrooper51" followed by "LisbonBhoy67Easter1916" and "LeithManSevennil" to make their tiresome way onto the site. :frantic: :frantic:

Yeah!! Next season its gonna be all hands to the pumps to get them to feck!!

• Members

Hi MacnamarasTangerineArmy. Wee tip for you. When next season's tickets go on sale, (let's say for instance they are £280) your Club will find it perfectly reasonable for you offer to pay two installments of £140 or a single payment of £160. Apparently that's how they like to do business. :thumbsup2:

• Like 12

Hi MacnamarasTangerineArmy. Wee tip for you. When next season's tickets go on sale, (let's say for instance they are £280) your Club will find it perfectly reasonable for you offer to pay two installments of £140 or a single payment of £160. Apparently that's how they like to do business. :thumbsup2:

And do feel free to deduct any sum you care to calculate for any failure of your team or club to perform or act as you see fit e.g. lose or throw away time/effort/money and what little reputation you have left.

Edited by Shuggie

Guest fredthecheesecloth

You could always ask for a bonus for your great work on the PTFC forum.

Get out our house. We're Partick Thistle, we're better than you.