Summer Holidays

Partick Panther

Just the usual. Moaning about the summer holidays being too long (Pesky Kids)! Wondering why I couldn't live in a country with decent weather, as it pisses down all summer long. Reading all those Celtic / Rangers transfer speculations in the papers and straining my eyes trying to find the paragraph about Thistle. Replaying dvd's or indulging in a boxed set (Still have Season 3 - 5 of the Wire to watch) as the telly is so shite over the summer. Painting all my gnomes red and yellow. Thinking about doing a little more exercise . . but procrastinating over that one . . again. Waiting for Marvel to make a Groo film or maybe a Shang Chi one. Overall just plodding through the summer as always.

Oh I forgot I'm going on a Baltic cruise too.

2177-477-1.jpg

Trekking the Pyrenees for 10 days camping by high altitude lakes and dossing in mountain huts like Refugio Mont Roig above

That should be brilliant. Would love to do that some day.

I've got an invite for a trip to the Albanian Mountains this year although I don't know if I'll do it yet. I think it might be too hot to be realistic, although there is some relatively unexplored stuff there which would be really interesting.

Also, being unemployed, its quite hard to justify taking a holiday. Will probably just sit around watching the Open, and Andy Murray winning Wimbledon :happy2: .

Yep! No use coming over here for a Wee Break as we are definitely going into Winter. It's getting really cold in the mornings but the afternoons are good. Rain crept in yesterday and is to be with us for a couple of days. When the wind gets up, it' cuts right through you which reminds me of when I was home in Glasgow working on the building sites and geez it could get really cold then. I've looked out the Winter Woolies for the next 3 months of Winter. Will settle down on the weekend and watch the Champions League Final at Wembley on ESPN. Should be a good game. Just hope the London Dickheads don't spoil the party with the German Fans .Just looked out of my office window and there's more of that Bloody Wet Stuff heading my way. Ach Well I suppose we canny have it good all the time!

Yep! No use coming over here for a Wee Break as we are definitely going into Winter. It's getting really cold in the mornings but the afternoons are good. Rain crept in yesterday and is to be with us for a couple of days. When the wind gets up, it' cuts right through you which reminds me of when I was home in Glasgow working on the building sites and geez it could get really cold then. I've looked out the Winter Woolies for the next 3 months of Winter. Will settle down on the weekend and watch the Champions League Final at Wembley on ESPN. Should be a good game. Just hope the London Dickheads don't spoil the party with the German Fans .Just looked out of my office window and there's more of that Bloody Wet Stuff heading my way. Ach Well I suppose we canny have it good all the time!

I know we complain about the rain here, but after we had such a long drought we should welcome it. (As long as it stays dry on saturday afternoons)