First Signing Today....

javeajag

Is this the same Brian Graham who said he was going to do his best to make sure Morton won the league cos they were the best team in the league and would be worthy champions ? Sorry Brian but my memory is a bit better than a lot of folk on here.I for one will not be welcoming you to Firhill.

who cares.....apart from you and so there for who cares

I was hoping for a link to the Record.

What I quoted was a word for word quote from Brian Graham in Mondays Record before we played them. I have said countless times this season that I think Graham could do a good job at Firhill, so the quote isnt made up, its what he was quoted as saying!! Give me two from McAllister, Graham and May and I will be more than happy with our striking options (if Dools stays)

The players and Archie are away to Magaluf today so I doubt anything will be happening in the next week or so.

Ian Maxwell deals with the contracts after Archie makes the offers. Presumably, he has taken his mobile to Magaluf.

Edited by kni

Hope they are back by Monday as Nicky Clark has said in todays papers that the QOTS boys are heading out there on Monday. Could see a few battles on the beaches after the Aero cup final episode...lol

Aero will finish what they started, and muirhead the other two snarling goading defenders and that gingerwankstain of a keeper.

I reckon thats inclusive of promotion clauses that some players might have. And plus, im guessin our players are pn peanuts, so by doubling our budget i still think we'll have by far the lowest budget in league

I agree. Suggests to me our squad will not be that much bigger than last year. Maybe we can make up the numbers with some loan players where we can get half the wages paid or something.

I doubt the current set of players will get a doubling of their wages. I would expect them to get a decent wage hike 10 or 15 %, which will leave a good amt to add to the squad.

Depends on how much they're on though, doesn't it? We all assume our players get paid in buttons and fluff. But we need to be paying wages commensurate with similar sized SPL teams in order to get a squad good enough to hopefully stay up - so maybe this means we will be doubling the wages of our current squad just to 'level up'!

Depends on how much they're on though, doesn't it? We all assume our players get paid in buttons and fluff. But we need to be paying wages commensurate with similar sized SPL teams in order to get a squad good enough to hopefully stay up - so maybe this means we will be doubling the wages of our current squad just to 'level up'!

I take it that you agree that most of our squad next season will be the same as this season. Paying them more doesn't make them better. My point is that most people would be happy with a 10 to 15 % increase - so doubling the wage wouldn't be necessary. The players need to be told that we need to live within our means to avoid going the way of Dunfermline and Hearts. I am not sure that even doubling the wage would 'level up' since Erskine and Paton are going to DU for considerably more.