Lawless Wanted By Dutch Club Williem Ii

What would we be happy with? I know the general consensus is that we'd rather keep him - but if a bid came in of around £150k, would that be acceptable? That'd be my minimum I reckon...

Seems about right as Dundee paid around £150k for Gary Harkins.

What would we be happy with? I know the general consensus is that we'd rather keep him - but if a bid came in of around £150k, would that be acceptable? That'd be my minimum I reckon...

Depends what the money is used for really, if Archie only gets a sliver to find a replacement that doesn't bode well.

I don't think this rejection will all be down to money. I'd like to believe that the decision will be Archie's and not just the Board thinking we could get a bit more if we hold out. Lawless is likely to be fairly integral to the way Archie sets out his team and tho' irreplaceable would be too strong a word Stevie leaving could affect Archie's plans considerably. Just how integral and at what threshold a bid would be accepted is another matter.

Hope this is dead in the water and if not the uncertainty doesn't drag on. I don't think a player like Lawless would be that easy to replace on a like for like basis. I rate him good bit ahead of Imrie and Cairney for want of an example.

I wonder if tangoman is scouting for that mob.

Could be. He played for and managed them, I believe.

Plus, he seems to be doing bugger all else at the moment.

Partick Thistle have knocked back a £50,000 bid for striker Steven Lawless from Dutch side Willem II. (Various)

So it was a bid of £50k. That's almost insulting.

Come back with at least double that Jurgen.

Good news, if true. :thumbsup2:

Desperate for Lawless to stay. Him and Muirhead are my favourite Thistle players at the moment and Lawless is one of the most exciting players I've seen at Thistle in a long, long time. More consistent than Erskine and is always burrowing away for a break. I think he'll shine next season so to lose him would be a real shame.

However, if a club comes in with £100k and the wee man isn't showing any signs of signing a new contract, I think we'd need to seriously consider it.

People really getting ahead of themselves here. 200k for Lawless? You are having a laugh.

Earlier this year FIFA told Bradford City to pay Falkirk £215k (training compensation) for Mark Stewart who had already left for Dundee. Bannigan would certainly be worth more than Stewart. Lawless would be worth less but should still command a decent six figure fee.

Earlier this year FIFA told Bradford City to pay Falkirk £215k (training compensation) for Mark Stewart who had already left for Dundee. Bannigan would certainly be worth more than Stewart. Lawless would be worth less but should still command a decent six figure fee.

I was just thinking about that myself, could not believe it when Bradford were told that was how much they had to pay for Stewart.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Completely different situation and you know it.