Wafa Article On Metz Trip, 1995

WeAreFreeAgents

Good article and, yes, I was there.

Not sure about "The club came under criticism for entering a tournament originally set up simply so that the football pools could continue all year round" though. The pools had been running all year round before and after the Inter-toto using Australian games. :huh:

Did we take a big support to the game in Austria?

I would say 130 - 150 tops. This was before Easyjet, Ryanair et al. so you were looking at a hefty sum flying British Airways etc. I got the train from where I stayed in Germany at the time down to Nuremburg and then the Danube Express across to Linz.

Have found some pics of both trips, so will try and upload tomorrow!

I would say 130 - 150 tops. This was before Easyjet, Ryanair et al. so you were looking at a hefty sum flying British Airways etc. I got the train from where I stayed in Germany at the time down to Nuremburg and then the Danube Express across to Linz.

Cheers. :thumbsup2:

I don't think there was even as many as that in Linz. I think it was nearer about 30 or 40, including a couple of stray Killie fans.

I think most people saved their cash for Metz. Linz was fun though it wasn't much fun to be 2-0 down in next to no time

Metz was magic. I remember arriving in Dover by train and hearing then finding small groups of Thistle fans wandering around looking for the ferry - every single one of us already blitzed.

It was also good drinking with the players after the match - Steve Welsh in particular to be a great guy - Dinnie and Pittman were sound too, a bit nuts though from memory (admittedly shaky).

Not big or clever but a great 3 days if daftness.