Gateshead

Firhillista

Not sure about that Simon. I think he´s under contract at Oviedo.

I was thinking about the one in the link as he played alongside Mark Kerr at Greek club Asteras Tripoli.

However he´s 33 and I read here that they were young Spanish players on trial at Thistle. Or was the Spanish lad joing the squad in Gateshead?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Jes%C3%BAs_Guti%C3%A9rrez_Robles

I really don't understand why people come on here and make a judgement about whether a trialist would be worth signing on the basis of one friendly. Give your view about how they played in the game by all means but unless the guy is a Long John Silver impersonator surely he needs another chance?

To be fair 1 good game is enough to gauge Kyle Hutton as outstanding.

Utter crap. Hutton was one of, if not , our best player in his 6 months at Firhill and its no surprise that we went into freefall when he went back to Sevco!! If you dont like the guy and dont want him at Firhill, fair enough, but dont tell us that he had one good game in his 6 months at Firhill. If thats your view I can only assume that you dont go to many, if any, games!!

Edited by Lindau

I really don't understand why people come on here and make a judgement about whether a trialist would be worth signing on the basis of one friendly. Give your view about how they played in the game by all means but unless the guy is a Long John Silver impersonator surely he needs another chance?

Well said - I have no really idea how good or bad Boulding will be.

Maybe Boulding was poor on saturday but Doolan, Baird, Elliot and McGuigan did not do anything either

Furthermore this was Bouldings first game as a trialist he wouldnt know the team that well whereas Doolan and McGuigan have been with the Jags a few years now.

Boulding also appears to have scored more goals for Livi than Elliot and McGuigan have put together at Thistle so early days.

If Archie decides he is not good enough then thats fine with me but dont think we should jusge the lad on one game

Utter crap. Hutton was one of, if not , our best player in his 6 months at Firhill and its no surprise that we went into freefall when he went back to Sevco!! If you dont like the guy and dont want him at Firhill, fair enough, but dont tell us that he had one good game in his 6 months at Firhill. If thats your view I can only assume that you dont go to many, if any, games!!

6 months? You want review that one, champ?

Where has the story that Hutton being released anywhere?

Think the guy would have a few suitors if he was to be released but the stumbling block for all- including The Rangers if they want rid- will be wages.

For what it's worth, I though the guy was excellent in that sitting role when with us. Tidy & nothing flash. Could argue a younger version of Hugh Murray. If he was interested in coming I'd take him.

Just haven't seen any story of him being talked about getting punted by them.

Edited by Trotter

IMO Cairney was by some distance our best player that year in what was a utterly average team.

If Archie thinks Hutton can do a job then I'll be willing to give him a chance.

Just spoke to Archie and he's delighted that you've given him the go ahead on this. He's very grateful.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the video. a few things i noticed

1. that pitch looked terrible. was it really grass? it looked like a subbuteo table

2. maybe we should have been playing with a quarter back - those pitch markings !

3. Our numbers were black. Some people thought they might be red

4. our numbers were in the existing SPL font - will that be the case or are they gonna change with the new league set up

For what its worth, i missed 18 months playing football. Despite being young and fit, it took me about 4 or 5 games to get back up to speed. This game was just about getting in shape. Nothing to worry about yet.

it also looked very hot to play football!