Rangers Chasing 4 Trophies . Oops 3

The Sunnylaw Jag

And this is why no one outside Scotland is that interested in the product.

Two team league is at least competition but a one team league is not and the rest battling for 2nd won't attract much interest.

Remove Celtic and you have a competition

Instead of laughing at the old firm trying to get to England or to a new set up why don't all the fans of other clubs campaign to get them there. :)

Why does nobody outside Scotland caring about the league matter? What league from a country our size does have interest from outside their own country? I don't care who else watched our league.

The best part of 8,000 people turned up last Friday, the atmosphere was brilliant, really good game of football despite no goals being scored. The SPL seems a much better place to be compared to last time round, no question that's because half of the reason it used to be rubbish is now stuck in the seaside league.

• Like 2

Ooh, different colours of type!

How does a club sell 36,000 season tickets and still have an "imminent cash crisis"?

Perhaps if we are lucky this club will finally disappear. Then that 10% spike in reported domestic abuse incidents when Rangers play at home will stop ... and parched of 'competition' Celtic will die on the vine too.

And there will be much rejoicing.

• Like 2

I would shit mine :o

Better buy a nappy pal

No matter what you say it would make a more competitive league if they had left.

Or if it was a level playing field with fairer distribution of wealth

I agrree but the Old firm will always generate alot more money and how they split that up amongst other clubs wouldn't be easy.

Oh 90% of the television money being split to 2 clubs was fair was it?? 10% going to the other 10, no wonder it was non-competitive, also paying taxes like other clubs may help level it.

People talk of the lack of interest without OF in the league (sponsorship etc) but you have that now.

Attendances have been up in all clubs bar Celtic last season and seem to be the same so far this year, plenty of interest from the fans

Is this REALLY true?

Aberdeen and Celtic have shut parts of the grounds,this season and you know Hearts situation and a game last season between St Johnstone and ICT had i think one of the lowest attendances of the season and they both had something to play for.

Celtic will tell you they broke the million barrier if you include Champions league attendances but all these figures are easily manipulated.

Yes it was posted all clubs attendances were up with the exception of Celtic who are missing their old partner in crime, Aberdeens ground has been way too big for years but there attendance was up last year, the SPL's was down as it was losing 45000 every second week from the total, but that figure has zero impact to the other clubs.

The future has got to be the development of youth players at all the clubs and an enviroment and set up where you are not scared to play them.

Thats what most clubs except the old firm have been doing look to our and Dundee Utd's teams on wednesday night ours had an average age of 22

Again not everyone is doing this but it's the way to go for Scottish football.

Thats why your club losing money quicker than a Delorian car salesman on commission, its not investing in youth its is investing in Black , Daly , Smith, Bell , Sandaza, Kyle, Cribari, Shiels, Ortiz etc over the last 13 months who are all above 25 and will be all on a pretty penny to drop down leagues.That list alone is probably over £50k a week plus bonuses, that before we add the other expensive players under the 25 mark, would the ibrox hoardes accept playing a 2nd division or 1st division team in the 3rd whilst staying within a budget that keeps them in profit?????

My club has probably one of the best set ups for development in the country and should have been producing lots of talent for both club and country for years now but it's been a massive failure.

Lots of reasons for this but it's failed all the same and very few of quality have came through the ranks.

Its mostly due to your fans wanting big name mega bucks superstars who cost a fortune and give very little back

And tell me fans anywhere in the world who wouldn't want that? (but with the payback of course)

Most fans would rather see the security off the club over the premadonnas coming in, but as soon as Green took over Ally & the fans were wanting to know how big his war chest was to mount a campign in the 3rd Division and now the 2nd Division, come on you out spent Gretna's 4 seasons last year and they strolled 3 of the leagues

This armageddon thing that's thrown up it's a bit severe but you don't honestly think Scottish football is thriving?

It has a higher average attendance per head capita than anywhere else in europe bar England so not too bad

And it still doesn't attract a sponsor even if they do make league set ups sound just like it is in England

The League has only been in place for 3 weeks, prior to that there was uncertainty as to whether a breakaway would happen, not what a sponser wanted at that time.

And SKY still don't back it the same as they do in England going with how many subscribe to SKY up here.

England has a population 10 times the size of ours so obviously they will back that league alot more

The reason for this is no one is really interested in it outside Scotland and the product is poor.

How many people outside Denmark or Norway (Similar size countries to ours) have an interest in their leagues??? or even France, only recently has the Bundesliga became popular, Spain always has due to Real & Barca, and England has a massive amount of foreign Liverpool & Man UTD fans so is easy to sell, Seria A isn't as popular outside Italy now as it once was

Total overhaul from top to bottom of Scotish football is needed for it to move forward.

Oh and the old 90% of the revenue going to the old firm from the television money over the last 10 years really helped, that and the voting that you's created, Rangers & Celtic had no interest in overhauling Scottish football from the bottom until Rangers went to the bottom

• Like 2

How does a club sell 36,000 season tickets and still have an "imminent cash crisis"?

Perhaps if we are lucky this club will finally disappear. Then that 10% spike in reported domestic abuse incidents when Rangers play at home will stop ... and parched of 'competition' Celtic will die on the vine too.

And there will be much rejoicing.

Outgoings

Management team on £3million a year between them (Highest Management pay bill in Scotland)

CEO on £750,000 a year

Players on nearly £10k a week plus bonuses (Top SPL wages, 2nd Highest wage bill in Scotland)

Cost of running Ibrox still the same as in the SPL

Income

Way less TV money than SPL

No European money

Less admission money than SPL

Less sponsorship money than SPL

Less games (No cup runs domestically)

Having to pay tax for the first time in 20 years

The expenditure has not really dropped at all, they haven't sold 36000 tickets otherwise there would not have been such a massive drive over the weekend (Ibrox family day) to try to sell out the broamloan rear and other seats that have still to be taken up, pretend they are selling fast so you build an interest, its like making people queue up outside an empty disco.

^ In short, this season Sevco has a similar staff and cost structure to that of Oldco when it went down the tubes. The money raised in the share has been burned on high salaries and wages. The institutions have lost confidence and won't reinvest. Unless there is a takeover or the fans put in a few more millions, a second administration or liquidation is likely before the end of the season.

Is Sevco in breach of the SFA's membership conditions? Other clubs in their division should asking tough questions.

To recycle a hackneyed, but eternally apposite phrase: "Rangers - the gift that just keeps giving". All this internecine Itchy & Scratchy stuff is a beautiful, evocative symphony to my ears. The progeny of a filthy, decadent 'nation' of cave dwelling pre-humans turning immediately into a . . . filthy, decadent 'nation' of cave dwelling pre-humans, the organism that is sevco 5088 has signally failed to materialise into anything more modern than a pterodactyl.

I genuinely hurt myself with laughter whenever the latest news from the Neander Valley hits the media; comedy gold at its richest. "Charles" is indeed the saviour, although perhaps not in the form that the average huninthestreet perceives. Gaun yersel, Green, you tell it like it is. Take no shit from Alastair.

Oh hohoho hahahaha. Stop it please, I can't take any more. Hahahahahaha hohohoho.

• Like 1

He should post in skid mark brown cos it's pretty much copy and pasted from Rangers Pravda.

Hilarious again you crack me up. :D copy and paste ffs

Why does nobody outside Scotland caring about the league matter? What league from a country our size does have interest from outside their own country? I don't care who else watched our league.

The best part of 8,000 people turned up last Friday, the atmosphere was brilliant, really good game of football despite no goals being scored. The SPL seems a much better place to be compared to last time round, no question that's because half of the reason it used to be rubbish is now stuck in the seaside league.

I'm only replying to questions asked

The reason it matters is because sposorship is needed and if no one is interested outside Scotland then that sponsorship is not going to be as good as it could be.

At least let England be interested as we are on the EPL but they laugh at the product up here. (fact)

I also know 8,000 was at Thistle and i'm delighted at that but to say this will always be the case at Thistle and that huge numbers will turn out at other clubs home games is just guessing they will.

As for the SPFL and comparing to other leagues, what other league has only one team to be certs to win that particular league?

Edited by billko

Hilarious again you crack me up. :D copy and paste ffs

I'm only replying to questions asked

The reason it matters is because sposorship is needed and if no one is interested outside Scotland then that sponsorship is not going to be as good as it could be.

At least let England be interested as we are on the EPL but they laugh at the product up here. (fact)

In Norway, Denmark, Holland, France no one is interested outside they countries, so what makes Scotland more special than these countries some of which are bigger and also have greater football pedigree than Scotland

I also know 8,000 was at Thistle and i'm delighted at that but to say this will always be the case at Thistle and that huge numbers will turn out at other clubs home games is just guessing they will.

It wasn't always the case at Ibrox either, I remember it before Souness

As for the SPFL and comparing to other leagues, what other league has only one team to be certs to win that particular league?

So its better to have the same 2?? as we have had for the last 20 years

In Norway, Denmark, Holland, France no one is interested outside they countries, so what makes Scotland more special than these countries some of which are bigger and also have greater football pedigree than Scotland

Norway and Denmark i agree with but Holland and the French league get good coverage.

All these leagues will have more than one team capable of winning that league and that at least makes it competitive.

It wasn't always the case at Ibrox either, I remember it before Souness

I remember this well myself but again it's not what i meant.

People seem to be making out the game is thriving when it's clearly not.

Long may the big crowds and the feel good factor be at Firhill but for the sake of our game the product needs to improve for folk to turn up.

You mentioned SKY in a prevoius post and how in England they have 10 times more viewers but do the give us the same percentage of investment in our leagues to our percentage of subsribers?

We are being left behind.

So its better to have the same 2?? as we have had for the last 20 years

2 is the lowest amount of teams to have to make a competition.

1 team a cert to win it and the rest playing for 2nd.is not a competition.

I agrree with alot of your previous points regarding funding being spread out better amongst other teams and it's not great to have only two teams winning the league year after year but this iis what needs to be looked at.

Dundee Utd and Aberdeen used to take on the Old Firm and better them but these days are long gone.

Rangers are not in the picture now but nobody can challenge Celtic.

The governing bodies and the clubs have ignored football development in this country for years now and this is why we are in such a state both at club and international level.

In the last few decades a lack of investment in youth, facilities and modern thinking coaches has been the main problem our game is a mess and not all to do with the old firm.

It's been neglected and in terminal decline for years now.

Things are being put in place now but we are miles behind other nations.

• 8 months later...

Got to love the fairytale aspect though. A club that didn't exist 24 months ago has won two league titles gaining successive promotions and reached a cup final and a semi-final. Must have a cracking business plan and management team behind them.

I fear that for the current incarnation of The Rangers they have appointed as their manager the mascot from the previous company. Now sentiment and a false sense of "loyalty" (a favoured word in their neck of the woods) can only take a club so far and perhaps an elevation to "Director of Football Fantasy" in whatever Boardroom emerges from the current debacle could perhaps beckon for the mascot.

Perhaps the acid test will come if they go into administration. I would argue the rightful punishment would be a 15pt reduction. Should the club currently playing at Ibrox Pk receive a 25 pt deduction like Dundee, wrong tho' it would be, they couldn't appeal the decision without accepting they're a new entity.

That's the poorest I've seen DU play all season, and their fans I've spoken to agree they were under par today, not that they care much right enough.

Really says a lot about that sevco team, considering the respective budgets of the 2 clubs.

I would imagine that karaoke ally will be under a fair bit of pressure now, especially if there is more boardroom shuffling in the summer. A Dave King type character might want to make a bold statement to signal his arrival and sacking Coisty would get a lot of fans onside.