Season Tickets For Friday Night (Pt. 2)

Stewarty

He can't tell you, he'd be betraying a confidence from within.

Kinda read through the past few pages of this.

Can't disagree with anything that Norgethistle & IanMac specifically have said.

If folk like Lenzie Jag have no concerns or issues about what's going on behind the scenes at the moment with a lot of things & are complaining about folk airing them on a public forum to do with PTFC then maybe instead of trolling & looking for a reaction they should stay quiet?

Though as I said, it is a public forum, so maybe he would like to tell us why they think it's acceptable for the club to advertise falsely? (TAG scheme)

Or take folks hard earned cash for CF but not make the draw over past cpl months?

Other issues such as poor customer service, poor catering, loss of sponsorship & no league winning DVD just strikes as amateur hour & makes the club look like a bit silly.

As has been said 1 lost supporter in a Sat, 1 lost ST holder never mind 1 lost sponsor is something club can ill afford but there must be a master plan behind it.

How is Propco going these days?

Anyway Lenzie Jag, TAG scheme & CF draws (or lack of), your thoughts?

Totally missing the point of my post. Complaining on this site is not going to change things.

I have admitted that there are things that haven't gone as most would have hoped, but I am prepared to give Thistle some time to get things sorted. I think that going up this season has added to the workload that wasn't fully anticipated.

As far as CF is concerned, I have already said that there is no excuse for not drawing it.

TAG. At the moment, this appears to be just delayed ? I am relaxed about it. I can't say that the prizes on offer excite me that much. I certainly wouldn't be thinking about taking legal action.

I think that going up this season has added to the workload that wasn't fully anticipated.

Ok.

Take this part in isolation.

Let's say you're running a business.

You strive to become bigger & someone gives you that chance to show you're up to it.

Surely straight away you know that by wanting to expand your operation you can't run it with a couple of folk doing everything?

Surely you have a business plan in place that says if/when we achieve the expansion then we'll do x,y & z?

Surely the first thing you do when you expand a business is take on extra staff?

Now, PTFC BoD knew that going to the top league was going to have a massive increase in turnover. Ian Maxwell himself admitted so at hospitality last game of the season. I think prize money alone was going to increase by about 1000% minimum!

You get nothing for nothing in football so surely the prize money alone tells you that your business workload will increase?

The club actually had a couple of extra weeks to prepare having wrapped up the league early on top of a long Summer break.

What actually happened was Michelle Evans left and a few volunteers helped out over breaks from uni etc.

Let's take the Michelle Evans departure.

Surely the club knew she was going to this new job & she worked necessary notice.

Why wasn't her job advertised through this period? Why has no one been appointed to replace her especially the fact PR was the biggest part of her job & that's what is especially needed in the SPFL?

Do you not think these points are fair & true & as such rubbish the increase in workload point Lenziejag?

Edited by Trotter

You can all pick holes in the individual points as much as you like.

BUT IF YOU WANT THINGS TO CHANGE YOU WILL NEED TO DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN COMPLAINING ON THIS FORUM.

I am finished!

Again, what way specifically has the workload increased?

Your point in capitals is completely incorrect and it seems you either don't know how a football discussion forum works, or don't know how a complaints process works.

How would you feel if you complained to the club and they replied saying, your complaint means nothing unless you give a detailed solution on how you would fix it.

I can complain til the clouds come home, can discuss to the death the numourous failings in the club and don't need to lift a finger.

Making no effort by myself to offer a detailed solution doesn't give my complaint any less credence.

On your last point, I doubt it very much. Trolls keep a trolling, as primal scream once said.

Hahaha. You can't be serious with this response. Come on, Stewarty, tell him how silly this is

Don't bring me into this; I gave up on you pages ago. Since then various aspects of your 'argument' have been systematically undermined, leaving you with no option but to continually parrot the 'you can't do anything about it' line. Ironically, this empty, defeatist, unconstructive, deliberation-halting utterance is the most negative aspect of this thread.

You're a fellow Jag, LJ. I would therefore hope that there is more that unites than divides us. But good god man, I've no idea what you think you're achieving on this thread.

• Like 1

BUT IF YOU WANT THINGS TO CHANGE YOU WILL NEED TO DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN COMPLAINING ON THIS FORUM.

I am finished!

Finished?

From what I've seen you've started plenty & 'picked holes' in many others points but refused to answer those who have challenged your points.

It's a forum. By definition: A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Exchange....

Can I just add my 2p. It seems some folk think because we are on an up at the moment eveything is hunky-dory and so we shouldn't bother about anything else. I followed Thistle through many ups and downs (and more downs than ups) and things NEVER last for a club like us. Not just that but when we go down sometimes we go really well down and disastrously down.

If we are to avoid our next down being another near-disaster then we must do all the little things right, to keep as many folk on board as possible. It may not seem important to some but if we go down we won't have that TV money and games against bigger clubs to sustain us. All these little things will become VITAL. Not only that if we are to put off the next down as long as possible and ensure it isn't a disaster, we have to have all these small things being done right - not just because of the money they bring in (which may not be vital at the moment) but because them not being done properly indicates an attitude which if it grows will lead to things being done the wrong way in the really vital things.

And for those who think we shouldn't bring this stuff up when the club seems to be on a high, this is exactly when it should be brought up - get these things sorted while the team on the park is still playing well and attracting customers and you will be better be able to keep those customers when we have a downturn. I'm not saying a poorer team won't lose customers but you'll lose more if a lot of them have been p!ssed off by the attitude of the club to them.

Entirely agree, I honestly don't want to complain about how our club is run, but unfortunately it seems to be a football truism that when things are going well on the pitch the fans tend to be treated like crap. Conversely, when things go down the toilet on or indeed off the pitch, clubs suddenly discover the importance of their core support.. Please Mr Beattie don't allow all the goodwill generated by the teams success last year and the great start we have made this year to be frittered away in a sea of indifference. There are some its true who live(and probably love) to complain, but by far the majority of our core support just want to be treated like adults, in a civilised manner.

I am finished!

So should we take over the running of the club, the CF, the TAG, the ticketing, the catering, stewarding,

I love this idea, true fan ownership we can have a rota as to who gets to wear a tie and has a shot of the rug.

Sign us all up, we can remove a few non value added whilst we are at it