Season Tickets For Friday Night (Pt. 2)

Stewarty

Are you honestly serious?

Premium rate numbers are a disgrace. A way of extracting money from people without them knowing it. Fans give enough money to the club without being hoodwinked in to giving more.

I agree with you, however if the club have set this up I don't think it wise for the forum to be advertising the direct number. There are websites that allow you to search for the 0141 number, use them.

I agree with you, however if the club have set this up I don't think it wise for the forum to be advertising the direct number. There are websites that allow you to search for the 0141 number, use them.

No idea why Paralytic Thistle's post was deleted.

He pointed out a phone number the club freely advertise on their written correspondance.

Why are we deleting a phone number the club let us know about?

No idea why Paralytic Thistle's post was deleted.

He pointed out a phone number the club freely advertise on their written correspondance.

Why are we deleting a phone number the club let us know about?

The club are obviously trying to shoot themselves in the foot on this one.

I have been deleting posts including the number as I wouldn't want a director of the club getting angry with the site and its owners for having published the 0141 number. As I say, the is available elsewhere if you care to look for it, it isn't hard to find.

I have been deleting posts including the number as I wouldn't want a director of the club getting angry with the site and its owners for having published the 0141 number. As I say, the is available elsewhere if you care to look for it, it isn't hard to find.

As it is in the BT phone book I do not see why you have taken it upon yourself to remove the posts??

For reference, the club's standard telephone number is not only available on their written correspondance but also available on the official SPFL website, 118118, Yell, Yelp, Glasgow Online and 192.com

For reference, the club's standard telephone number is not only available on their written correspondance but also available on the official SPFL website, 118118, Yell, Yelp, Glasgow Online and 192.com

Oh dear, well in that case I apologise for making a big deal about nothing. All posts have been returned to visible.

When you dial the 0141 number you get a message telling you all calls are charged at 10p per minute plus network extras so it seems to linked to the premium number as well.

its my understanding that all 08 numbers must have a area code based landline behind it, and the 08 number when called directs straight to the area code based number. in other words, the 08 and 0141 numbers for ptfc are one and same.

i use saynoto0870 website to convert all 08 numbers i have to call to area code numbers, and you get the same prerecorded message on the area code and 08 lines, the difference being calling the area coded number, you only get charged at the landline number rate (or if you have a mobile monthly minutes deal, the time of such calls are only deducted from your allowance, and no extra charges added to bill).

Touching a nerve or something??

I am not a Director on the board i am not in the position to Direct the club going forward, merely a customer who is giving feedback as to where the club can channel its efforts to maintain and improve instead of plummet and that the way it is going

Excuses, excuses!

You obviously want something to change, but just complaining on this site isn't going to make that happen.

Honestly, what kind of response is that? "Well if you don't like it, you sort it". Utterly pathetic lenziejag.

Why aren't the directors sorting the issues?

Pathetic? I'll tell you what is pathetic. You responding to a post that want directed at you, but not responding to a post that was.

I am still waiting to find out all the suggestions and solutions you have put forward.

It must be at least 3 days now - how's that for prompt service !

Excuses, excuses!

You obviously want something to change, but just complaining on this site isn't going to make that happen.

As stated before I have offered if their is anything i can do from afar via remote access, if there is throw it at me and I will work it.

If you need a CV or a list of my experience I'm more than happy to provide, my going rate is a pint when ever I am back home, can't say fairer than that

Pathetic? I'll tell you what is pathetic. You responding to a post that want directed at you, but not responding to a post that was.

I am still waiting to find out all the suggestions and solutions you have put forward.

It must be at least 3 days now - how's that for prompt service !

Why should I repeat myself because you can't be bothered reading back through my posts?

1. We knew we were being promoted on April 20th. We knew there would be an increased work load in the office. The solution? Get another (at least one) full time, experienced member of staff in there that knows what they are doing. The cost would have been nothing compared to the money we've spent elsewhere this summer. They've now brought back Michael Max. Had they done so earlier, we could have avoided a lot of the problems we have faced.

2. TAG - If the club knew they didn't have time to run it, why not ask onethistle to run it? They did a pretty good job on the launch, so why not?

3. Season-tickets. Follow the same process which has served us well for decades for starters. In terms of the new system, the club say this was installed too late for the start of the season. It's my information that this was not the case and the system was installed on time. So, again, the problem here lies with the club. It seems that the club itself was not prepared for the new system, and cards were not ordered in time for the new season. The solution there kind of speaks for itself - order the bloody cards in plenty of time to allow for any problems the supplier may have.

4. North Stand decision. Leaving out the decision itself, the way it was communicated was a disgrace, people in the office whispering it to folk buying season tickets. It's a massive issue and any news of this should have been communicated to the fans via the official communication channels.

5. DVD. Planning for this should have begun as soon as the league was won. Just as PTTV did a decade ago. If the club didn't have the time they could have outsourced it to a number of media companies, or maybe even asked for help from within the fanbase. Again, onethistle have produced countless videos throughout last season and obviously had the skills required for such a project. Were they asked? No, of course not. Instead, nothing was done.

So there's 5 solutions for you. Many of them involve onethistle, but they have consistently proven over the last 12 months that they are capable of delivering. Anything they have taken on so far has been a success.

But I know exactly why the club didn't approach them.

Onethistle are not well liked in the office or the boardroom. Why? Because they have done things the right way, and they way they should have been done for years previously. They've shown up everyone else who have been trying to run the club over the last decade as being completely incompetent. The folk who like to run the place like their own private wee golf club, and don't really give a toss about things like matchday experience and promotional marketing. Onethistle have shown how easily things can be improved by listening to what the fans want and delivering positive results. They have raised fans expectations, and forced other people to work harder. People who are quite happy to sit back and do very little and try to grab the glory when it comes around.

Make no mistake, most of that board would happily get rid of onethistle if they thought they could get away with it.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 3

Why should I repeat myself because you can't be bothered reading back through my posts?

1. We knew we were being promoted on April 20th. We knew there would be an increased work load in the office. The solution? Get another (at least one) full time, experienced member of staff in there that knows what they are doing. The cost would have been nothing compared to the money we've spent elsewhere this summer. They've now brought back Michael Max. Had they done so earlier, we could have avoided a lot of the problems we have faced.

2. TAG - If the club knew they didn't have time to run it, why not ask onethistle to run it? They did a pretty good job on the launch, so why not?

3. Season-tickets. Follow the same process which has served us well for decades for starters. In terms of the new system, the club say this was installed too late for the start of the season. It's my information that this was not the case and the system was installed on time. So, again, the problem here lies with the club. It seems that the club itself was not prepared for the new system, and cards were not ordered in time for the new season. The solution there kind of speaks for itself - order the bloody cards in plenty of time to allow for any problems the supplier may have.

4. North Stand decision. Leaving out the decision itself, the way it was communicated was a disgrace, people in the office whispering it to folk buying season tickets. It's a massive issue and any news of this should have been communicated to the fans via the official communication channels.

5. DVD. Planning for this should have begun as soon as the league was won. Just as PTTV did a decade ago. If the club didn't have the time they could have outsourced it to a number of media companies, or maybe even asked for help from within the fanbase. Again, onethistle have produced countless videos throughout last season and obviously had the skills required for such a project. Were they asked? No, of course not. Instead, nothing was done.

So there's 5 solutions for you. Many of them involve onethistle, but they have consistently proven over the last 12 months that they are capable of delivering. Anything they have taken on so far has been a success.

Onethistle are not well liked in the office or the boardroom. Why? Because they have done things the right way, and they way they should have been done for years previously. They've shown up everyone else who have been trying to run the club over the last decade as being completely incompetent. The folk who like to run the place like their own private wee golf club, and don't really give a toss about things like matchday experience and promotional marketing. Onethistle have shown how easily things can be improved by listening to what the fans want and delivering positive results. They have raised fans expectations, and forced other people to work harder. People who are quite happy to sit back and do very little and try to grab the glory when it comes around.

Make no mistake, most of that board would happily get rid of onethistle if they thought they could get away with it.

Tremendous post, Ian. Hit the nail on the head.

Tremendous post, Ian. Hit the nail on the head.

indeed. some people need hit on the head. several times. may knock some sense into them.

It looks you are just going over old ground. I was expecting real plans on how to do it, who would do it and when it would be done

Anyway, apart from writing long messages there are a number of you that are unhappy with what is going on. Is it not time for you guys to get yourselves organised and make sure that the Board know that they need to change their ways. If you get enough people to go a long with you it might work. On the other hand, there was a petition regarding the NS move and that didn't seem to change anything. I presume that was presented to the Board at the time ?

I am going to say it again - just complaining on here isn't going to change anything

2) DVD - I haven't been shown that this would make enough of a contribution. However, if you can back up the estimated selling quantity based on real market statistics( like eg how many we sold last time), realistic selling prices and costs,then I might be convinced.

This would have been a massive seller and there were lots of different ways we could do it;

1. Simple bog standard highlights DVD - £10

2. Highlights DVD, with full matches against Dunfermline(5-1) and Morton(1-0) - £20

3. Highlights DVD, full matches against Dunfermline(5-1), Morton(1-0) and the match of the purchasers choice - £25

4. The Ultimate Box Set - Highlights DVD, full matches of Dunfermline)(5-1), Morton(1-0), match of purchasers choice, fans reaction DVD(using amateur footage that is freely available on Social Media), a battle for the title DVD(showing footage of Mortons game too with league tables being updated throughout, starting from the 2-2 game maybe?) - £50

5. The Ultimate Box Set Limited Edition - same contents as Ultimate Box Set with a player signed booklet accompanying it. Make these a limited number to improve exclusivity - £100.

6. Copies of individual matches - £5

Maybe over complicating things but a memory set of the past season designed for all budgets.

• Like 1

It looks you are just going over old ground. I was expecting real plans on how to do it, who would do it and when it would be done

Anyway, apart from writing long messages there are a number of you that are unhappy with what is going on. Is it not time for you guys to get yourselves organised and make sure that the Board know that they need to change their ways. If you get enough people to go a long with you it might work. On the other hand, there was a petition regarding the NS move and that didn't seem to change anything. I presume that was presented to the Board at the time ?

I am going to say it again - just complaining on here isn't going to change anything

Look at every group that has tried to change the way things are done, going from 800 club through the Trust and now OneThistle (even a few ex-directors). All have been warmly welcomed at first, then once the the BOD decide that things are going well they just let everything slip and we return to where we were beore - arguably a worse position since we know how to improve on off the field issues.

Come on then tell me what your plan would be to improve things and help take us to the next level?

He can't tell you, he'd be betraying a confidence from within.

Kinda read through the past few pages of this.

Can't disagree with anything that Norgethistle & IanMac specifically have said.

If folk like Lenzie Jag have no concerns or issues about what's going on behind the scenes at the moment with a lot of things & are complaining about folk airing them on a public forum to do with PTFC then maybe instead of trolling & looking for a reaction they should stay quiet?

Though as I said, it is a public forum, so maybe he would like to tell us why they think it's acceptable for the club to advertise falsely? (TAG scheme)

Or take folks hard earned cash for CF but not make the draw over past cpl months?

Other issues such as poor customer service, poor catering, loss of sponsorship & no league winning DVD just strikes as amateur hour & makes the club look like a bit silly.

As has been said 1 lost supporter in a Sat, 1 lost ST holder never mind 1 lost sponsor is something club can ill afford but there must be a master plan behind it.

How is Propco going these days?

Anyway Lenzie Jag, TAG scheme & CF draws (or lack of), your thoughts?

Look at every group that has tried to change the way things are done, going from 800 club through the Trust and now OneThistle (even a few ex-directors). All have been warmly welcomed at first, then once the the BOD decide that things are going well they just let everything slip and we return to where we were beore - arguably a worse position since we know how to improve on off the field issues.

So in other words there isn't anything that you can do to change things and this is just an outlet to moan.