Season Tickets For Friday Night (Pt. 2)

Stewarty

So instead of spunkin whatever on a plush new directors box, why not use the money on or towards a qualified administrator who would make the club money

Jesus mate, give it a rest will you. Either that or get off your arse and volunteer at the office like it seems others have. You seem to have plenty of time to spend on the internet shitting all over other peoples efforts.

• Like 3

Jesus mate, give it a rest will you. Either that or get off your arse and volunteer at the office like it seems others have. You seem to have plenty of time to spend on the internet shitting all over other peoples efforts.

ballbreaker of a daily commute for norge

Ironically, you have an issue with the amount and content of posts he's made... But never picked up that its not the office staff he has an issue with, but the directors?

If I could volunteer in the office I would, and has been offered to the club before if anything could be done remotely I was more than happy to help, justifying £500 a trip to do a couple of hours in the office a day is just outside my budget, that and the 5 hrs journey door to door (Assuming I am in Norway that week and not Turkey, Romania or The States) each way may start to impact on my full time job.

The issue is not the office staff but the support, structure and leadership that is required for them especiallywhen using summer helpers who have not familiarized themselves with the place or processes, and may come from different skill sets.

When (And it will come) we start screaming out for a new Striker/Winger/Defender at January or close season and we are told we have no budget, lets remember the lost revenue streams via the TAG, CF, DVD etc and don't go moaning about the board then for not opening the purse strings, its too late when we sat back complacent because the product on the park was good.

Any business knows you plan for the bad times whilst in assendancy, we have been in assendancy on the park since February that won't last forever and these opertunities (DVD TAG) will lose their impact and potential input financially the longer they are left

Why is "I don't care" considered a valid contribution to an online conversation?

Online discussions are the same as real life ones. Would walking up to people in the pub, listening to their conversation, and then butting in with "Well, I don't care" not be considered boorish and ignorant?

My eyes get tired having to read strings of words that barely constitute coherence, let alone add anything to anything.

Cue the inevitable "Well you don't have to read it then dae ye....." bleat bleat bleat.

So ... you're all right, everyone else can shut up, is that it?

Thatcher's Britain for ye.

Where did you read, "I don't care" in my post?

You were sarcastic towards a previous poster; now you're making up things that were not in my post.

Have you contacted the club yet to sort out your problem.

"Thatcher's Britain" = more sarcasm; that's not going to solve anything,is it?

People are banging on about staff when they don't even know the numbers of people working there and their own roles and responsibilities. There is limited basis for their insinuations. Also Michelle Evans was PR and with my experience of her good at her job but people are beginning to think she ran the whole club. Her leaving has nothing to do with season ticket delays for example

People are banging on about staff when they don't even know the numbers of people working there and their own roles and responsibilities. There is limited basis for their insinuations. Also Michelle Evans was PR and with my experience of her good at her job but people are beginning to think she ran the whole club. Her leaving has nothing to do with season ticket delays for example

I don't think anyone is "banging on about staff" LLD... Infact I'd say its the opposite.

Folk have been sympathetic to the staff, citing the majority of blame with the directors and their lack of ability/management/delegation/responsibility etc

I don't think anyone is "banging on about staff" LLD... Infact I'd say its the opposite.

Folk have been sympathetic to the staff, citing the majority of blame with the directors and their lack of ability/management/delegation/responsibility etc

Fairly sure I've seen people questioning Maxi's ability to do his job. Pretty unfair, I'd say.

Edited by BowJag
  • Like 1

If I could volunteer in the office I would, and has been offered to the club before if anything could be done remotely I was more than happy to help, justifying £500 a trip to do a couple of hours in the office a day is just outside my budget, that and the 5 hrs journey door to door (Assuming I am in Norway that week and not Turkey, Romania or The States) each way may start to impact on my full time job.

The issue is not the office staff but the support, structure and leadership that is required for them especiallywhen using summer helpers who have not familiarized themselves with the place or processes, and may come from different skill sets.

When (And it will come) we start screaming out for a new Striker/Winger/Defender at January or close season and we are told we have no budget, lets remember the lost revenue streams via the TAG, CF, DVD etc and don't go moaning about the board then for not opening the purse strings, its too late when we sat back complacent because the product on the park was good.

Any business knows you plan for the bad times whilst in assendancy, we have been in assendancy on the park since February that won't last forever and these opertunities (DVD TAG) will lose their impact and potential input financially the longer they are left

I have to give you credit for offering to help out in some way.

On the other hand, even although 1JL has told you that the staff working in the office are experienced, you are still saying that some of the problems are down to summer helpers ?

I agree with you regarding potentially lost opportunity on the DVD(although, I still haven been convinced about the amount).

TAG if it goes ahead is surely meant to be a long term thing. Fans,if they want to get access to the website will either need to be a ST holder or subscribe. It is better to try and get the thing right, rather than launch it and it doesn't work.

Fairly sure I've seen people questioning Maxi's ability to do his job. Pretty unfair, I'd say.

i'm sure folk have, however the inference from LLD is that folk on here are directing all the critisism at the office temps, which is not the case.

folk have questioned Maxi's ability to do his job, with the resources he has under him. no one has directly put the sole blame at Maxi's door that would be foolish.

However, on the flip side, say Maxi goes in for his "quarterly review".... do you think the Director he reports to will...

a. Hold up his hands and say, Maxi, i let you down, the resources you had to hand were drastically under estimated by the directors and that has been reflected in the way the office struggled through pre season.

b. Say to maxi.... right what the fck has been going on here, we gave you a team of volunteers and it was a shambles, its nothing to do with the directors.

c. Say to Maxi... well, that was a successful pre season, well done to you and all concerned. you did really well.

It is better to try and get TAG right, rather than launch it and it doesn't work.

Absolutely correct.

However, i firmly believe that the club have completely missed the boat on what would have been a fantastic revenue stream built on the success and high spirits of last season. unfortunatley i now see it doomed to failure.

a real pity as i was really behind it at the start.

i'm sure folk have, however the inference from LLD is that folk on here are directing all the critisism at the office temps, which is not the case.

folk have questioned Maxi's ability to do his job, with the resources he has under him. no one has directly put the sole blame at Maxi's door that would be foolish.

However, on the flip side, say Maxi goes in for his "quarterly review".... do you think the Director he reports to will...

a. Hold up his hands and say, Maxi, i let you down, the resources you had to hand were drastically under estimated by the directors and that has been reflected in the way the office struggled through pre season.

b. Say to maxi.... right what the fck has been going on here, we gave you a team of volunteers and it was a shambles, its nothing to do with the directors.

c. Say to Maxi... well, that was a successful pre season, well done to you and all concerned. you did really well.

Do you know what? I don't really care what the director he reports to says. I'm just comfortable in the fact that most people who work at the club do their best with limited resources and probably don't really deserve the unrelenting negativity that seems to have pervaded this forum over the summer. So there might have been a few mess ups- big deal, I'm sure they will learn their lessons and move on.

Edited by BowJag
  • Like 1

Do you know what? I don't really care what the director he report to says. I'm just comfortable in the fact that most people who work at the club do their best with limited resources and who probably don't really deserve the unrelenting negativity that seems to have pervaded this forum over the summer. So there might have been a few mess ups- big deal, I'm sure they will learn their lessons and move on.

That's great, so you'll be happy to leave others to continue the conversation without you?

I have to give you credit for offering to help out in some way.

On the other hand, even although 1JL has told you that the staff working in the office are experienced, you are still saying that some of the problems are down to summer helpers ?

I agree with you regarding potentially lost opportunity on the DVD(although, I still haven been convinced about the amount).

TAG if it goes ahead is surely meant to be a long term thing. Fans,if they want to get access to the website will either need to be a ST holder or subscribe. It is better to try and get the thing right, rather than launch it and it doesn't work.

1JL stated that this was his 3rd summer that he had helped, thats 10 month inbetween tasks........ try riding a bike after 10 months out the saddle.

This is not these guys full time job / vocation, so there energies and focus will be chaneled elsewhere and that is no disrepect to them that's how it works, either to completing their studies or on their full time job and building a career.

TAG would have had £60 or £120 from me by now....... and many more who would have paid for a season, it should have been a long term thing to grow it, expand it and increase the membership, but unless we start it we can do none of this.

This was launched in a blaze of glory 4 months ago...... yes 4 we built the north stand in that timescale

• Like 1

Norge. if you hadn't already guessed, there was a tad of alcohol involved in that post and I was out of order with the personal stuff. Sorry mate. While I may not agree with the constant moaning and attacks on volunteers and staff who don't wake up every morning wondering how best to bugger things up in the club, you obviously care about the club every bit as much as me and everyone else. Again, apologies for the personal bit.

1JL stated that this was his 3rd summer that he had helped, thats 10 month inbetween tasks........ try riding a bike after 10 months out the saddle.

This is not these guys full time job / vocation, so there energies and focus will be chaneled elsewhere and that is no disrepect to them that's how it works, either to completing their studies or on their full time job and building a career.

TAG would have had £60 or £120 from me by now....... and many more who would have paid for a season, it should have been a long term thing to grow it, expand it and increase the membership, but unless we start it we can do none of this.

This was launched in a blaze of glory 4 months ago...... yes 4 we built the north stand in that timescale

It is always going to be 10 months between tasks when dealing with STs, irrespective of whether the staff are there all the time or not.

1LJ also said that part of the problem was late information regarding the need to allocate seat numbers for every ST.

TAG. How do you know how many ? Where is the history of this kind of thing in terms of ratio of uptake to support. If it launches in September, will you pay the 55 ? or just not bother

Norge. if you hadn't already guessed, there was a tad of alcohol involved in that post and I was out of order with the personal stuff. Sorry mate. While I may not agree with the constant moaning and attacks on volunteers and staff who don't wake up every morning wondering how best to bugger things up in the club, you obviously care about the club every bit as much as me and everyone else. Again, apologies for the personal bit.

Is it constant moaning though?

People are identifying things that are going wrong, and in the vast majority of cases, especially Norgethistle's, making suggestions on how these things can be put right.

Look back over the posts and you will see plenty of workable, cost effective and logical solutions to these problems.

Seems to me that people are only reading what they want to read. Anyone that highlights a problem is automatically labelled as a moaner.

It is always going to be 10 months between tasks when dealing with STs, irrespective of whether the staff are there all the time or not.

1LJ also said that part of the problem was late information regarding the need to allocate seat numbers for every ST.

TAG. How do you know how many ? Where is the history of this kind of thing in terms of ratio of uptake to support. If it launches in September, will you pay the 55 ? or just not bother

Many other Scottish clubs have been doing similar schemes for years. Arabzone has now been running for 6 or 7 years. I doubt that it would have been going for that long if it wasn't making a substantial sum for DUFC every year.

This scheme WOULD have made money for the club if it had been run properly. Because of the false-dawn and lack of action, I doubt it would get off the ground now, the fans just wouldn't trust it.