Season Tickets For Friday Night (Pt. 2)

Stewarty

It seems wrong somehow to move from an uber high at Dingwall on Saturday to the usual moaning at some incompetence or other, in the way the club is administered. However, I feel the club has to a large extent shot itself in the foot, both with this issue and the accomodation of visiting supporters. If the club had been honest and pro-acyive on these issues much ill feeling and resentment would have been avoided. It would be unrealistic and indeed unfair, of Thistle fans to expect the club to be as well run as even Celtic. However, it is only fair to expect that this club is run in a manner fitting at the very least an aspiring top flight club and not like some glorified pub team.

Loads of organisations have problems with admin. You mention Celtic. The had problems with online purchases for one of their European cup matches - Malmo, I think.

BT Sport were getting it in the neck for not promoting the Dundee Utd match.

I feel as if all of the angst on here comes from the fact that the supporters are having to move from the NS for the Celtic game. It might not even be that, it might just be that Onethistle weren't told about it. To me this smacks of just spitting the dummy.

I await , with breath well and truly baited , for a response from the club to my original e-mail re season tickets /TAG......and the one about choosing seats ..and the one about my nephew's season ticket.My point is that I and other supporters should not have to do all the chasing up when we have paid up , in full and on time and we should certainly not have to follow numerous threads in forums to try and cobble together a picture of what's going on .

I am sure that you don't really mean that about not having to chase up. I have had problems with my seat allocation as well, but I chose to contact the club about it and it was dealt with in a pleasant manner, even although the girls are obviously inundated with similar problems.

I really wish you would back up your claims with real numbers. And don't just put amounts on what you think the lost revenue is, but also what it would have cost to deliver.

Of course I don't have numbers, the club didn't do anything that I suggested above, but surely you can accept that a DVD brought out in a timely manner, as we managed to do 10 years ago, would have made the club money. Surely you can accept that the initial interest in the TAG scheme more than merited an investment from the club which probably would have been covered easily.

Just because I'm not producing numbers out of thin air doesn't mean that these things wouldn't have made money.

It doesn't take a marketing entrepreneur to work out what the fans want. A couple of hours spent on here and the facebook group would have been enough to realise what the issues were.

The DVD would have made the club money.

Getting the TAG scheme up and running on time, would have made the club money.

Getting the season tickets sent out on time without the need for extra vouchers would have saved the club money.

Do you deny any of this?

Of course I don't have numbers, the club didn't do anything that I suggested above, but surely you can accept that a DVD brought out in a timely manner, as we managed to do 10 years ago, would have made the club money. Surely you can accept that the initial interest in the TAG scheme more than merited an investment from the club which probably would have been covered easily.

Just because I'm not producing numbers out of thin air doesn't mean that these things wouldn't have made money.

It doesn't take a marketing entrepreneur to work out what the fans want. A couple of hours spent on here and the facebook group would have been enough to realise what the issues were.

Getting the season tickets sent out on time without the need for extra vouchers would have saved the club money.

Do you deny any of this?

If that's actually how everything happened (and ignoring the fact that if a DVD and/or TAG launch, it WILL make the club money) then no, nobody could deny any of this.

Do you deny any of this?

I am not convinced a DVD would make money. Depends on how much it costs to produce and how many people would buy it ?

TAG. Has it been dumped ? Or just delayed. If just delayed no lost income.

Sending out vouchers has undoubtedly cost money.

I just don't think it is much.

I feel as if all of the angst on here comes from the fact that the supporters are having to move from the NS for the Celtic game. It might not even be that, it might just be that Onethistle weren't told about it. To me this smacks of just spitting the dummy.

^^^THIS!!^^^

Come on, be fair. This is a very lazy dismissal of what are perfectly legitimate concerns. The issues raised deserve, at the very least, due consideration, even if you ultimately disagree with them.

Come on, be fair. This is a very lazy dismissal of what are perfectly legitimate concerns. The issues raised deserve, at the very least, due consideration, even if you ultimately disagree with them.

I'd probably agree with this - my issue is that we are making up 'facts', unless some know more than they are letting on.

I am not convinced a DVD would make money. Depends on how much it costs to produce and how many people would buy it ?

What an end to a post

"I don't think it is much"

You were the one asking for numbers. So what makes you think a DVD wouldn't make money? Take a look on any reproduction website - the cost of producing a short run of DVDs is nothing. Lenziejag you are clutching at straws son.

TAG - you tell me. Has it been dumped? No one knows, that's the problem. Lets not forget it was a board member who proclaimed that TAG was "the future of the club" when he launched - step forward Brian Donald.

The difference between me and you "lenziejag" is that you seem to be of the opinion that "we are lucky to be where we are".

I'm thinking, what's the next step up? How can we keep progressing?

Making excuses for continuous failure is not progress LJ, it's ignorance.

• Like 1

i don't even know who the One Thistle folk are although a couple of posters on here have identified themselves as involved however i think the vast majority of their posts over recent weeks have come across as a tad churlish and smack of dummy spitting. From what i see and hear they did a lot of good work last season however the dummies came out over the North Stand issue and have remained out ever since. I acknowledge there are a number of failings on the clubs part this close season which need to be addressed and there are legitimate complaints however this is just my view on the approach being taken by some individuals. It's not a lazy dismissal of those complaints.....just an opinion / observation.

dvd ..... using either talented volunteers in editing or a professional company, the cost would not be more than couple of grand. you can get dvds produced and packaged for much cheapness nowadays, even on quantities 500-3000 for example. even on 500 dvds, the club would have made more than 100% profit easily. the combination of editing and manufacture could have been done in a matter of two to three weeks. if it had been released in late may/early june, it would probably have sold between 1 and 2 thousand by now. If it was a single disc at £12, less tax and costs, that could be anything between £7k and £15k. If a double or triple, costing for example £15 to £25 price range, the club could have had somewhere between £10k and £40k in bank (or Archies budget or washing facilities in main stand and and plusher boardroom) by now.

as time passes after an event, the longer before any celebratory memorabillia is released, sales numbers potential diminishes, so i can guarantee you Lj, whenever it finally comes out, the club will have lost money in the longterm with lower than possible sales from a May/June release.

tag ..... as it has been delayed at the very least, the club have already lost out on a month's income. the longer it's delayed, the less money they can pull in for the season, both with at least a month's lost income x however may tag and tag+ members actually sign up to pay ..... and again, the sales potential has diminished, as they have lost almost four months of feelgood factor, so there will be a natural drop-off in final take ups. so, even if only delayed, the club have, beyond doubt, lost out on their potential maximum income. and that's not even assessing how many may not follow through their registration, to pay, such is their disapointment at the delay in it, and the bigger picture for some of the centenary fund and other lack of communication, customer dissatisfaction in other similar areas.

vouchers ..... clearly cost the club money, at least you acknowledge that. i estimate it to in region of £3000 (based on 1500 ST's, sent out twice, and the mailing and wages costs of this). would you agree this estimate in probably no more than 10 to 20% out at most ?

so, in conclusion, you are of the opinion that a sizeable 5 figure sum that could easily have been in the thistle bank account (and used to further the squad/club), is not much, and is nothing for any of the clubs supporters (or archie) to be concerned about?

^^^THIS!!^^^

Utter nonsense. See above for just a couple of examples of the gross mismanagement off the park and lost income that our club is exposing itself to. Multiply that by the issues (including the NS issue, which is an issue on its own, important as equally as many others), and tell me people are spitting the dummy purely for the sake of it.

agree stewarty. it is a discussion forum after all.

seems some people on this forum doesn't seem to like discussing the bad points about our club, only the good points. the cynic in me says some of them have nice thistle jackets or blazers. but i'm sure i'm totally wrong on that :whistling:

yes, it's great we are back in the top league, we have a fantastic set of players and football management to enjoy, shame we cannot say we have a fantastic set of directors and club management befitting of the on the park greatness.

yes they are better than the last lost, but come on people, could the new custodians have been any worse?

or we just happy to accept substandard custodianship and mediocrity blindly?

i don't even know who the One Thistle folk are although a couple of posters on here have identified themselves as involved however i think the vast majority of their posts over recent weeks have come across as a tad churlish and smack of dummy spitting. From what i see and hear they did a lot of good work last season however the dummies came out over the North Stand issue and have remained out ever since. I acknowledge there are a number of failings on the clubs part this close season which need to be addressed and there are legitimate complaints however this is just my view on the approach being taken by some individuals. It's not a lazy dismissal of those complaints.....just an opinion / observation.

wrong.

again.

the "dummies" as you call it, were out long before that.

catering.

continuous CF draws lateness

office and admin issues

silence on tag

silence on dvd

aitken suite.

just half dozen off top of my head.

As ive probably been the biggest critic recently lets just clarify, I am not part of Onethistle my ST is in the JHS not the shed.

I just want to see off the field activities run with the same professionalism as the on field

You are right - they do deserve consideration, but there is no balance, no acknowledgement of the good things tha have been done

What an end to a post

"I don't think it is much"

You were the one asking for numbers. So what makes you think a DVD wouldn't make money? Take a look on any reproduction website - the cost of producing a short run of DVDs is nothing. Lenziejag you are clutching at straws son.

TAG - you tell me. Has it been dumped? No one knows, that's the problem. Lets not forget it was a board member who proclaimed that TAG was "the future of the club" when he launched - step forward Brian Donald.

The difference between me and you "lenziejag" is that you seem to be of the opinion that "we are lucky to be where we are".

I'm thinking, what's the next step up? How can we keep progressing?

Making excuses for continuous failure is not progress LJ, it's ignorance.

It is really up to you to come up with the numbers as you are the one that is saying that there is a significant enough loss of profit that would enhance Archie's player budget ? I am not about to find out about production of DVD,s

But here is my stab anyway ?

No of hours to decide what to include. 10 @ £10 = 100

Production costs - minimum run(2500). 12500

Total cost 12,600

Likely sales 1000 @ 10 = 10,000

Loss 2600

Tag - once I is dumped, then you can jump up and down. Don't do it until it happens. Or even better, if it tha important to you go and offer your services?

You are right - they do deserve consideration, but there is no balance, no acknowledgement of the good things tha have been done

There has been plenty even from me of what we have done over the last few years, Kids for free, TAG (Initially), Standing up to DUFC (Beatties Interview), the Greaves deal etc etc etc so much so that last year for the 1st time in 8 years (I moved out of Scotland in 2001) I renewed my ST even though I managed to attend 1 home game as I'm living in Norway.

It is really up to you to come up with the numbers as you are the one that is saying that there is a significant enough loss of profit that would enhance Archie's player budget ? I am not about to find out about production of DVD,s

Total cost 12,600

Loss 2600

Tag - once I is dumped, then you can jump up and down. Don't do it until it happens. Or even better, if it tha important to you go and offer your services?

I can have 1000 run at £3 a pop including cover, and we'd sell 1000 at £10 each theres £7k profit before tax

Tag is already over a month late with the draw let alone the launch, strike while the iron is hot, if we cannot even start it properly how we going to run it???

Total cost 12,600

Loss 2600

Why are you wanting a run of 2500 if you estimate 1000 sales? No wonder you think it would make a loss.

Surely anyone with even the most basic of business knowledge would get a minimum run of 1000 if they estimated 1000 sales....

For a response see the multitude of comments praising the footballing side of the business. Like all Thistle fans I talk up the club at every opportunity, but there's no point in ignoring problems in the hope that they rectify themselves. Scottish football is hardly thriving at the moment, so every pound's a prisoner and every opportunity should be seized. It's also worth stressing that those raising issues are doing so out of a concern with the health of the club, not simply for the sake of it. There's a lot of straw men being attacked here.

• Like 1

^^^THIS!!^^^

I'm sorry if the two of you feel this way, i can assure you its not the case with myself.

Regardless of the way the club board treated the fans in the North Stand shambles, i can without hesitation, state i would be discussing, with the same stance, the ongoing problems with TAG and the DVD as two going concerns. Both have been handled very poorly, and have resulted in a loss of income for the club.

Catering is something that OneThistle have talked about since it's beginning not just this pre season and improving queue management in the JHS was a quick fix and successful. JIm & Lance have on more occasions than it's possible to remember, raised concerns to the BOD with regard to the food in the Pie Stalls. Can you imagine how much a kick in the balls it is, when you spend a year trying to get an improved quality of product for the pay at the gate fan... to find out that the club have told the catering company to get a new supplier for the hospitality food, and ignored growing concerns around Pie Stall food?

I was wondering if any fans who paid for their tickets to be posted out have recieved theirs yet, as I've not as of yet?

Recorded delivery on Monday to my Dad's house (Collected from Post office on Tuesday), speaking to him on the phone they look the same idea as what we have over here for the Viking stadium and they work well (as long as you keep them away from your phone!!!) and effectively remove the need for a turnstlye attendant