Season Tickets For Friday Night (Pt. 2)

Stewarty

Well no wonder they didnt respond to that - it is just plain rude they way you have signed off. I think you are also being a bit harsh. We were told that the ST's wouldn't be ready for Limassol and DU, but would be for Hearts. We got vouchers didnt we, so you havent lost out in anyway( apart from the screw up with seats.

Agreed. I got the same e-mail, phoned the club at lunch and was politely informed that I could pick up my season ticket Thursday until 8pm or up until kick off on Friday. This would seem to easily alleviate the 'working 9-6' problem, but you know you'd have to actually contact the club in a polite manner (or just read this thread) in order to establish that fact, when having a good moan seems to be a much more appealing option for some.

Well no wonder they didnt respond to that - it is just plain rude they way you have signed off. I think you are also being a bit harsh. We were told that the ST's wouldn't be ready for Limassol and DU, but would be for Hearts. We got vouchers didnt we, so you havent lost out in anyway( apart from the screw up with seats.

Have to agree with you. Plain rude. There have been problems and the club have been economical with the truth. However, if you want a response ask questions in a civilised manner. I wouldn't respond to an email like that.

The foregoing is an e-mail received today in response to concerns I raised last week re season tickets for myself and nephew ( under 16 ticket) as well as the TAG shambles ! As you can see , it is clearly a "stock" response and does not address a number of issues raised ! Given that I work 9 to 6 ( and we will disregard the fact I paid for home delivery !) how am I supposed to get my hands on this magical card ? Anyone else get one of these e-mails ?

I will be phoning tomorrow to suggest that the tickets for myself and nephew are couriered over to my work at their expense ...though I hold out no hope whatsoever that they are for the seats I chose !

It's one or the other, a response or stock email. It can't be both.

this isn't a direct reply to your obnoxious email, it's a standard email. Sent out to those who have an issue with their card.

I would expect an individual reply some time in the future.

Here's the email I got earlier today - fully informative generic email informing of both collection and postage options:

Dear Sir/Madam

We have received the season cards here at Firhill and all adult and concession season tickets are now available for collection.

Our office will be open until 8pm every day this week for your convenience.

The under 16 season cards are currently being printed and will be available tomorrow from 5pm.

If you have paid for your season card to posted they have now been sent by recorded delivery. These should be received by Wednesday at the latest.

Please ignore this email if you have already been contacted today regarding your season card.

The club would like to thank you for your patience in this matter, we hope it will all be worthwhile with a new system in place which shall speed up entry as well as offering an easier method for purchasing match tickets.

Kind Regards,

Kirsty McKee

Partick Thistle Football Club

t: 0871 402 1971

w: www.ptfc.co.uk

Firhill Stadium I 80 Firhill Road I Glasgow I G20 7AL

Agreed. I got the same e-mail, phoned the club at lunch and was politely informed that I could pick up my season ticket Thursday until 8pm or up until kick off on Friday. This would seem to easily alleviate the 'working 9-6' problem, but you know you'd have to actually contact the club in a polite manner (or just read this thread) in order to establish that fact, when having a good moan seems to be a much more appealing option for some.

His email may be rude but it certainly isn't lies.

I stuck up for the club on many issues last season on this very forum when I felt people were being harsh.

However, the way the club has been run off the park over the summer has been nothing short of diabolical. A lot of people saying that they don't care as long as the team's doing well. I'd say that's burying your head in the sand.

Archie is doing a phenomenal job, things on the park have probably never been better. But if things in the office/boardroom continue in the same vein, surely it's only a matter of time before it affects things on the park. The current office set up is quite simply costing us money. Had we got the DVD out over the summer, had TAG been up and running, and had the season ticket situation been handled correctly, then Archie's budget would have been even greater, possibly meaning we could afford to have a bigger squad with more competition for places.

• Like 1

I stuck up for the club on many issues last season on this very forum when I felt people were being harsh.

However, the way the club has been run off the park over the summer has been nothing short of diabolical. A lot of people saying that they don't care as long as the team's doing well. I'd say that's burying your head in the sand.

Archie is doing a phenomenal job, things on the park have probably never been better. But if things in the office/boardroom continue in the same vein, surely it's only a matter of time before it affects things on the park. The current office set up is quite simply costing us money. Had we got the DVD out over the summer, had TAG been up and running, and had the season ticket situation been handled correctly, then Archie's budget would have been even greater, possibly meaning we could afford to have a bigger squad with more competition for places.

OK, that's all very well but you're making it out as if the Club couldn't even run a raffle.

:thinking:

Oops! Sorry, carry on.

• Like 2

Rude and obnoxious ? If thats what it takes to elicit any kind of response , i don't give a monkeys . Some people out there clearly lead a charmed and precious life . Not entirely sure how you would categorise the club's treatment of people willing to stump up £300 and then leave them to do all the chasing up ...obnoxious ? Perhaps not .. Rude ? In my opinion very much so . As for my comment re the director's box , flippant it may be but again (in my view) the hight of rudeness when you consider how poorly they addressed the season ticket / TAG issues .

It seems wrong somehow to move from an uber high at Dingwall on Saturday to the usual moaning at some incompetence or other, in the way the club is administered. However, I feel the club has to a large extent shot itself in the foot, both with this issue and the accomodation of visiting supporters. If the club had been honest and pro-acyive on these issues much ill feeling and resentment would have been avoided. It would be unrealistic and indeed unfair, of Thistle fans to expect the club to be as well run as even Celtic. However, it is only fair to expect that this club is run in a manner fitting at the very least an aspiring top flight club and not like some glorified pub team.

• Like 1

Rude and obnoxious ? If thats what it takes to elicit any kind of response , i don't give a monkeys . Some people out there clearly lead a charmed and precious life . Not entirely sure how you would categorise the club's treatment of people willing to stump up £300 and then leave them to do all the chasing up ...obnoxious ? Perhaps not .. Rude ? In my opinion very much so . As for my comment re the director's box , flippant it may be but again (in my view) the hight of rudeness when you consider how poorly they addressed the season ticket / TAG issues .

That's fine, but you're ignoring the point.

The email you received is not a direct reply to yours as you suggest.

It's a generic email to those who have a specific issue.

I await , with breath well and truly baited , for a response from the club to my original e-mail re season tickets /TAG......and the one about choosing seats ..and the one about my nephew's season ticket.My point is that I and other supporters should not have to do all the chasing up when we have paid up , in full and on time and we should certainly not have to follow numerous threads in forums to try and cobble together a picture of what's going on .

It seems wrong somehow to move from an uber high at Dingwall on Saturday to the usual moaning at some incompetence or other, in the way the club is administered. However, I feel the club has to a large extent shot itself in the foot, both with this issue and the accomodation of visiting supporters. If the club had been honest and pro-acyive on these issues much ill feeling and resentment would have been avoided. It would be unrealistic and indeed unfair, of Thistle fans to expect the club to be as well run as even Celtic. However, it is only fair to expect that this club is run in a manner fitting at the very least an aspiring top flight club and not like some glorified pub team.

Nail on head x 2

I await , with breath well and truly baited , for a response from the club to my original e-mail re season tickets /TAG......and the one about choosing seats ..and the one about my nephew's season ticket.My point is that I and other supporters should not have to do all the chasing up when we have paid up , in full and on time and we should certainly not have to follow numerous threads in forums to try and cobble together a picture of what's going on .

It is "bated breath" not "baited". Just in case you want to use the term in another complaint to the club.

Can't argue with any of that. I do feel if you're going to complain about a specific communication such as that e-mail, you should have made an effort to call the club to check the position.

I think/hope the football admin side of the business is running quite well, but the lack of developments on the fans' (customers) side is worrying. The fact that we still can't purchase a DVD of the best season in living memory is farcical. I can only hope (naively perhaps) that they're timing it to try and launch it in the run up to Christmas.

Phoned the office to check what was happening with my dad and my own tickets as we couldn't remember if we asked for them to be posted.

Club advised that my dads ticket was supposed to have been posted but they haven't done so yet and mine was not marked to be posted.

Went to the office and picked then up and they refunded the postage.

Job done....bring on the Jambos!

So you don't care if you are rude and obnoxious to the Firhill office staff.

You think that others clearly have a "charmed and precious life".

You think that the club should send your season tickets to you by courier, and at the club's expense.

Go on, have a really hard think about those statements and ask yourself what it says about you, as a human being.

p.s. Your comment about the Directors' Box is not only flippant it is also sarcastic and, in my opinion, puerile.

I really wish you would back up your claims with real numbers. And don't just put amounts on what you think the lost revenue is, but also what it would have cost to deliver.

Collected my ST from the post office after work, very nice! Curious where the info is held as there's no metal strip on back.

Does anyone know if they will post the U-16 tickets out or will they need to be collected? Was hoping I'd receive son's along with mine in the post but was not to be. Nothing in the letter about this or on the official website. Could be doing without having to join the queue on Friday night, but we will as wee man is desperate to get his ST!