Season Tickets For Friday Night (Pt. 2)

Stewarty

Which is admirable, but as has been stated its not worked this year, is it the office staff's fault?? No Its their leaders.

Who is guiding them? leading them? training them?

Left to their own devices with no supervision, training, systems, help or support it will fail even with the best will in the world, as they are new to the system, processes, enviroment.

I could bring 100 in to help in the office and it won't work if they are not shown exactly what is needed, and how to get there, we are a proffessional orginisation operatng like a charitable one.

In my case, this was my 3rd summer working full-time in the office dealing with season tickets, the last 2 seasons I did most of the work around season tickets myself. I left start/mid July this year but to say those doing season tickets have no experience is incorrect.

In my case, this was my 3rd summer working full-time in the office dealing with season tickets, the last 2 seasons I did most of the work around season tickets myself. I left start/mid July this year but to say those doing season tickets have no experience is incorrect.

1JL. with the experience youve gained over the last few years and seeing how the club has changed internally, where would you say the problems stem from?

I think from us, the customers, lack of knowledge of the actuall office set up, we are agreed that there is no fault at all with the front line guys like yourself.

i think the majority have agreed that blame can't really be put at Maxi's door either.

would you agree, that what has been a let down at least, a failure at most, behind the scenes... stems from Director level down?

I can only have sympathy with the position you guys must have found yourself in, on repeated occasions over the last couple of months.

Edited by potty trained

So what was different from this summer to the previous 2 where we had minimul if any problems

That's not the case PT, I have been assured you can use a JHS season ticket to gain entry to NS

I understand, what i was meaning was that...

whilst NS fans are allowed to reserve JHS seats.... the machine's might not be programmed to over ride this, and therefore prevent entry to season ticket holders who reserved their seat in the JHS.

You can write anything down.... you can agree something verbally.... but it can be a wee bit difficult to tell a machine to allow this...

Just throwing an idea in the air and seeing if it floats.

What is the point in an electronic ticket if it needs an attendant to check it

i can only imagine that it would prevent access to NS folk who have reserved their ST in the JHS

Most of the ones I've been through have a wee light that goes off when it's scanned, the colour of the light shows what kind of ticket has just been swiped.

I think it's mainly to stop adults sneaking in with kids tickets, light shows its a kid, steward glances over, if its an adult they go over and find out what's going on. Particularly useful for us with the North Stand being over 16s only.

Most of the ones I've been through have a wee light that goes off when it's scanned, the colour of the light shows what kind of ticket has just been swiped.

I think it's mainly to stop adults sneaking in with kids tickets, light shows its a kid, steward glances over, if its an adult they go over and find out what's going on. Particularly useful for us with the North Stand being over 16s only.

Thats how it works here, the steward at the park side of the gate will see if it shows for a kid and verify otherwise not bother

Can I just chuck my tuppence worth in and say it's been a small set back with the season tickets being sent out late but at the end of day I don't really care. I can get over it like the majority of the fans. I recognise Thistle are a small club with limited resources and going up a league has been a culture shock to the club but I believe they will learn from it and move on. Some people on here are continuing on the same topic so much it becomes laboured and any good points they make get lost as they seem to be harping on.

• Like 1

1JL. with the experience youve gained over the last few years and seeing how the club has changed internally, where would you say the problems stem from?

I think from us, the customers, lack of knowledge of the actuall office set up, we are agreed that there is no fault at all with the front line guys like yourself.

i think the majority have agreed that blame can't really be put at Maxi's door either.

would you agree, that what has been a let down at least, a failure at most, behind the scenes... stems from Director level down?

I can only have sympathy with the position you guys must have found yourself in, on repeated occasions over the last couple of months.

So what was different from this summer to the previous 2 where we had minimul if any problems

I'm not going to blame anyone, I don't think we would have had the same problems if the ticketing system hadn't changed but with a new system comes new problems, some of which probably weren't foreseen.

I do think the seating plan, although effective & you'd hope as accurate as possible, there is always going to be mistakes with human error due to a number of various factors. Hopefully with the new system now installed when someone buys a season ticket next season this registers with a master computerised seating plan, if so, this will not only make the job of office staff easier but also reduce/eliminate any problems with dupicate seats being sold.

• Like 1

I'm not going to blame anyone, I don't think we would have had the same problems if the ticketing system hadn't changed but with a new system comes new problems, some of which probably weren't foreseen.

I do think the seating plan, although effective & you'd hope as accurate as possible, there is always going to be mistakes with human error due to a number of various factors. Hopefully with the new system now installed when someone buys a season ticket next season this registers with a master computerised seating plan, if so, this will not only make the job of office staff easier but also reduce/eliminate any problems with dupicate seats being sold.

We've never had the duplicate seats issue prior, so I don't understand as to how changing the physical format of the ticket disrupts the reserving of seats.

Its really not rocket science 10 minutes on an excel sheet will make a multiple user seating plan

We've never had the duplicate seats issue prior, so I don't understand as to how changing the physical format of the ticket disrupts the reserving of seats.

Its really not rocket science 10 minutes on an excel sheet will make a multiple user seating plan

Previously you reserved a seat or you didn't & many season tickets holders didn't bother, with every season ticket holder now having to reserve, & this wasn't known until the majority of ST's were sold, it creates a problem.

"I want to sit beside x, who sits beside y & our seats are middle half way up", x that by say 300. A nightmare, which relies on the goodwill of supporters to reach a compromise.

We have an excel spreadsheet & always have done but it isn't always possible to check the manual seating plan & then go check the SS to double check. Then some forms aren't completed properly or they've put done a seat number that was incorrect (they later realise that, contact us & the seat they did want is now gone), or they change their seat number on their form but say it's the same seat they had last season, this then isn't realised until the spreadsheet is updated & so it goes on.

Previously you reserved a seat or you didn't & many season tickets holders didn't bother, with every season ticket holder now having to reserve, & this wasn't known until the majority of ST's were sold, it creates a problem.

"I want to sit beside x, who sits beside y & our seats are middle half way up", x that by say 300. A nightmare, which relies on the goodwill of supporters to reach a compromise.

We have an excel spreadsheet & always have done but it isn't always possible to check the manual seating plan & then go check the SS to double check. Then some forms aren't completed properly or they've put done a seat number that was incorrect (they later realise that, contact us & the seat they did want is now gone), or they change their seat number on their form but say it's the same seat they had last season, this then isn't realised until the spreadsheet is updated & so it goes on.

Ok previously the renewal form came out, and either filled it in and returned before the date or phoned the office before the date and got the same seats no one else had them.

This year the renewal form came out, was walked back down BEFORE the renewal date, my dad turned up against DUFC and someone else has been given the seat........ as also happened to 2 folk behind him (Same seats for 15 years Michael Max has sorted it now).

There has been no difference with the ordering (Input) but the allocation has went wrong (output) so basic analysis tells me that something (Process/staff/systems/management) has somehow changed within the office

We should provide an option for those fans who want the same seat for a number of years to pay a fiver and get a wee plaque put on the seat with their name and ST number. Would only appeal to certain fans (for example I wouldn't care as stand in the North Stand) but would be a nice option and save mucking long standing fans around in the future.

Well an update. I paid my £2.50 for Recorded Delivery, and surprise, surprise, it’s still in the office at Firhill waiting to be collected.

Absolute shambles.

Same here, but I am delighted to know that my, and my son's, Season Tickets are safe and available for collection on the night rather than stuck in the Post somewhere between Firhill and Dunfermline. For those of you in the same boat I was told that at the moment all ST's will be available for collection from the office but that might change after 4 or 5pm tomorrow - perhaps to the portacabin - and I was advised to keep an eye on the website.

Can I just chuck my tuppence worth in and say it's been a small set back with the season tickets being sent out late but at the end of day I don't really care. I can get over it like the majority of the fans. I recognise Thistle are a small club with limited resources and going up a league has been a culture shock to the club but I believe they will learn from it and move on. Some people on here are continuing on the same topic so much it becomes laboured and any good points they make get lost as they seem to be harping on.

Are you still waiting for your season ticket to arrive for tomorrow night's game? Will you be too busy working all day tomorrow and be unable to get to Firhill until shortly before the game? Are you unsure if you will actually get the seat you've been sitting in for 20 years and specifically asked for?

Somewhat pertinent and pressing questions; but you don't care, so that's all right. Superb input.

Meanwhile some of us are still in the dark, and still without a way to access the game tomorrow night despite having paid for it ...

First off all it was name calling and now you are calling me a liar ? Check the time of Ian's post that I responded to. It was before yours.

The biggest flaw in your numbers is the anticipated number of people who would buy a DVD and TAG and as I have said in other posts, you can make numbers say what you want to suit your case.

The hole in the budget was a fact. We wanted to charge DU fans 22, but were told we had to charge 20. In order to try and make up that lost amount , the under 16s were charged 5. It probably wouldn't make up the whole difference but it could go a long way towards it.

ian_mac 12:08am (post 84)

yoda-jag 12:44am (post 86)

lenziejag 7:52am (post 90)

so how you can claim your post was before mine, is clearly false.

you saw it, detailed figures and projections, yet ignored it and made up your "lets make a loss" nonsense post. then there was pt asking if you were just going to ignore it, and you ignored his question on that for hours too. how is a projection that starts at 500 (that's half of your 1,000) a biggest flaw? now if i started at 2000 and rose projection to 5000 sales, that could be considered a flaw and you may have a point, but as i didn't, you don't.

your last statement highlights the lack of rules understanding on the boards part, and flys in face of beatties proclomation of morals and free for all under 16's, and therefore if it was considered to result in a hole in the budget, the blame for that lies fully at boards door for ineptitude.

Are you still waiting for your season ticket to arrive for tomorrow night's game? Will you be too busy working all day tomorrow and be unable to get to Firhill until shortly before the game? Are you unsure if you will actually get the seat you've been sitting in for 20 years and specifically asked for?

Somewhat pertinent and pressing questions; but you don't care, so that's all right. Superb input.

Meanwhile some of us are still in the dark, and still without a way to access the game tomorrow night despite having paid for it ...

Why are you being sarcastic towards a fellow poster?

If you truly are, "in the dark" why don't you phone the club and explain your problem? You can pick up your season ticket up to 8pm tonight and up to kick-off time tomorrow.

If you truly are, "in the dark" why don't you phone the club and explain your problem? You can pick up your season ticket up to 8pm tonight and up to kick-off time tomorrow.

I believe what PGB is alluding to is that folk have paid for shipment of ticket because they can't get to Firhill during office hours and struggling to get there much before kick off on Friday that's why they paid for delivery which never happened.... Yet

I popped in yesterday to collect the bairns STs - as I'd only applied for hem after getting back from spain a week or so ago there was no surprise that they weren't ready - was asked to take a seat and they were made up/printed off while I had a seat on the sofa with Maxi placing them into my mitts after about 5 or 6 minutes - now I call that good service from those at the club - season starts proper tomorrow so bring on the jam tarts and ffs everyone stop fekkin moaning please!

Why is "I don't care" considered a valid contribution to an online conversation?

Online discussions are the same as real life ones. Would walking up to people in the pub, listening to their conversation, and then butting in with "Well, I don't care" not be considered boorish and ignorant?

My eyes get tired having to read strings of words that barely constitute coherence, let alone add anything to anything.

Cue the inevitable "Well you don't have to read it then dae ye....." bleat bleat bleat.

and ffs everyone stop fekkin moaning please!

So ... you're all right, everyone else can shut up, is that it?

Thatcher's Britain for ye.

ian_mac 12:08am (post 84)

yoda-jag 12:44am (post 86)

lenziejag 7:52am (post 90)

so how you can claim your post was before mine, is clearly false.

I am totally flabbergasted that I need to spell this out.

I got up in the morning and started reading to see how many pelters I was getting. I go to Iain_macs post, which he posted at 12.08.

I posted my version of numbers at 7.52am. Then I had to go to work.

When I got back home in the evening, I clicked on go to first unread post and it jumped past you post.

Don't call me a liar again!

Picked up my kids season cards today and two for their pals.

Leaving the office clutching four free season tickets reinforced my feelings about Kids Go Free. It is a fantastic initiative, something which the club, and by association we, can be very proud.

There will be times when I won't be bringing the boys. I will keep them away from potentially hostile crowds (I think you know who I mean). Given that seats will be in great demand for these fixtures, it seems a shame that these seats will be empty when the club could sell them to someone for the day. With the new hi-tech system it ought to be possible for season tickets to be suspended for one game to free up unused seats.

Once the dust has settled on this season ticket debacle (please let that be soon) I will contact the club to see whether such an opt out scheme could be implemented.

Edited by BowenBoys