Season Tickets For Friday Night (Pt. 2)

Stewarty

I don't think there is much chance of the season tickets arriving this week. The first match with new season tickets will be chaos. The club won't risk it for a televised game, especially as this week it is on the prestigious BBC Alba.

As a matter of interest when did they acquire the rights for this equally prestigious brand i.e. the SPFL. Obviously, the negotiations account for Donkey Doncaster's claims of the huge amount of effort expended on copying sorry I mean devising the whole inspirational set up.

Lady Skwerr received her's this lunchtime, but I didn't! :-(

Hope it arrives tomorrow.

Sent by recorded delivery when a simple email would have sent me scampering down to Firhill to collect them at my own expense.

Edited to add - it's a white plastic card with a plan of the stadium on the back.

The front is a black & white picture of the championship trophy being held up to the crowd, with the club logo in colour toward the right side. The name and seat details are printed along the bottom strip of the card.

Pretty nice and classy looking.

Edited by Rid Skwerr

Lady Skwerr received her's this lunchtime, but I didn't! :-(

Hope it arrives tomorrow.

Sent by recorded delivery when a simple email would have sent me scampering down to Firhill to collect them at my own expense.

You must have already paid extra for the postage, Rid. I didn't and will pick mine up this week.

I phoned earlier as I got an e-mail saying there had been a problem with the printing on my card. They are open until 8pm on Thursday and will be open until kick off on Friday for people to pick up tickets. For anyone who got the same e-mail as me the tickets will definitely be available by Thursday.

Forgive me if this query has been answered elsewhere already, but if the seat number is on the ticket, does that mean that those of us who have a ST reserved seat in the JHS can no longer access the North Stand, or is it still sit where you want (so long as it's not in another ST seat)?

Interesting to see the ticket can last for a few seasons so we won't have to worry about the waiting next year, it can be renewed automatically.

Word to the wise I had one of these tickets over here, work great UNLESS you put your phone and ticket in the same pocket, it wipes the memory on them, and pretty easily.

Feel a right twat holding up the queue

Forgive me if this query has been answered elsewhere already, but if the seat number is on the ticket, does that mean that those of us who have a ST reserved seat in the JHS can no longer access the North Stand, or is it still sit where you want (so long as it's not in another ST seat)?

The letter that came with mine says that it can be used at any home turnstyle

Dear Sir/Madam

The season cards have now been sent to us here at Firhill are now available for collection for all adult and concession ticket holders, however unfortunately there has been a small problem with your card.

This means that there will be a slight delay with your card as we will have to print new ones for you.

We are hoping to have this done by Thursday this week.

Please feel free to phone us on 08714021971 if you have any more queries about this.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused

Kind Regards,

Kirsty McKee

Partick Thistle Football Club

t: 0871 402 1971

w: www.ptfc.co.uk

Firhill Stadium I 80 Firhill Road I Glasgow I G20 7AL

The foregoing is an e-mail received today in response to concerns I raised last week re season tickets for myself and nephew ( under 16 ticket) as well as the TAG shambles ! As you can see , it is clearly a "stock" response and does not address a number of issues raised ! Given that I work 9 to 6 ( and we will disregard the fact I paid for home delivery !) how am I supposed to get my hands on this magical card ? Anyone else get one of these e-mails ?

I will be phoning tomorrow to suggest that the tickets for myself and nephew are couriered over to my work at their expense ...though I hold out no hope whatsoever that they are for the seats I chose !

Re my previous post , here is my initial e-mail to the club .... See if anyone can spot any issues dealt with in the response I posted from PTFC ...good luck !

The lack of communication from the club on the Season Ticket fiasco is deafening in its silence. The excitement , energy and "feelgood " factors generated by the Championship win secured in April has all but dissipated as far as I'm concerned . Indeed , the terms of the letter issued with voucher for the Dundee Utd. are patently littered with untruths . It would restore a certain degree of faith if someone at Director level ( perhaps the Chairman who has suddenly disappeared of the radar since soaking up all the plaudits post title win!) we're to issue a statement outlining the true facts behind both the season ticket and the TAG debacle . The current situation is embarrassing for the club and a total disappointment for the supporters .

I for one will be giving serious thought to renewing next season . I am trying to encourage my nephew to come go games and the prospect of a season ticket has him asking constantly about all things Thistle ..one more fan lost I suspect as he's given up asking me when will he get his ticket .

Is there any prospect at all of these tickets bring issued in the foreseeable future before any more fans are alienated ?

Nice to see the new Directors Box ready for the new Season by the way!

Yours (not) in anticipation,

Sent from my iPhone

I've yet to receive an email. Hope this doesn't indicate that there's an issue

I don't think they're doing an email to each individual, hence the post on the website. I saw the post, I went to the office, I picked up my season ticket (looks smart). No issues for me.

• Like 2

Re my previous post , here is my initial e-mail to the club .... See if anyone can spot any issues dealt with in the response I posted from PTFC ...good luck !

The lack of communication from the club on the Season Ticket fiasco is deafening in its silence. The excitement , energy and "feelgood " factors generated by the Championship win secured in April has all but dissipated as far as I'm concerned . Indeed , the terms of the letter issued with voucher for the Dundee Utd. are patently littered with untruths . It would restore a certain degree of faith if someone at Director level ( perhaps the Chairman who has suddenly disappeared of the radar since soaking up all the plaudits post title win!) we're to issue a statement outlining the true facts behind both the season ticket and the TAG debacle . The current situation is embarrassing for the club and a total disappointment for the supporters .

I for one will be giving serious thought to renewing next season . I am trying to encourage my nephew to come go games and the prospect of a season ticket has him asking constantly about all things Thistle ..one more fan lost I suspect as he's given up asking me when will he get his ticket .

Is there any prospect at all of these tickets bring issued in the foreseeable future before any more fans are alienated ?

Nice to see the new Directors Box ready for the new Season by the way!

Yours (not) in anticipation,

Sent from my iPhone

Well no wonder they didnt respond to that - it is just plain rude they way you have signed off. I think you are also being a bit harsh. We were told that the ST's wouldn't be ready for Limassol and DU, but would be for Hearts. We got vouchers didnt we, so you havent lost out in anyway( apart from the screw up with seats.

Compare and contrast

24th July:

Our new electronic turnstyle system is close to being ready. Our contractors ensure us that, while it won’t be ready for Saturday’s friendly with AEL Limassol, it will be in place; and fully operational, for our opening league match of the season with Dundee United.

However, we feel that the timescale provided is just a little too tight and provides us with little opportunity to fully test the system before the Dundee United game.

We simply cannot allow our supporters attending the game to be inconvenienced by any delay in gaining entrance to the stadium. We need too to take into consideration the fact that the game is live on TV and the problems a delayed kick-off could cause with TV scheduling.

With the above in mind we have taken the decision to issue all season ticket holders with a voucher to attend the Dundee United game. This will be sent through the post and should be with season ticket holders by the early part of next week.

We apologise to season ticket holders for the delay in issuing their season ticket cards for the season. Our new electronic turnstyle system will be of great benefit to Club and supporters alike but we feel that we can’t take the risk, no matter how minimal, that the system won’t be fully operational on August 2nd.

We thank you for your patience with this and look forward to having everything in place for our home game with Hearts on August 16th.

12th August:

The new look season tickets have finally arrived here at Firhill