Just In - Ross County

Highlandjag

I think Archie deserves huge credit for sticking with last season's team. So many managers would have exercised their egos in his position, tried to put "their own stamp" on the team. Archie's done this, but only by getting more out of a young team who play for each other and recognise the opportunity they have given themselves.

Thistle were always going to be behind other clubs in terms of signing budgets. By prioritising the re-signing and contract extensions for the existing players he's maintained the team ethos which I think gives us a real edge over most SPL teams. And the new signings can be introduced gradually so that they can also become part of this. Happy days!

Completely agree with this. Archie has done really well. Rather than bemoan the lack of money available, he has looked to his strengths and the bond between the players has already been a breath of fresh air in this league.

Meant to ask, how did Craigen play generally? It was difficult to tell from the highlights.

Played well but so did every player.His link up play was very good and he never stopped running, but what's new. It'll be a difficult decision if Craigen has to give way for someone else and on Saturday's evidence I can't see him being dropped. His stamina is incredible and because of that he plays others in very well especially as the game goes on.

Btw if not already James could become a real fans favourite. Looks to me like he already ticks all the boxes

• Like 1

I've been Impressed with James Craigen ever since he came into the team. I remember in his early matches thinking he just lacked a bit of the confidence that the rest of the team had, because he was new to it. But he's grown from there.

In terms of the fans favourite status, I believe he made a great impression at the promotion parties. And I loved his Sky interview at Falkirk.

I've been Impressed with James Craigen ever since he came into the team. I remember in his early matches thinking he just lacked a bit of the confidence that the rest of the team had, because he was new to it. But he's grown from there.

In terms of the fans favourite status, I believe he made a great impression at the promotion parties. And I loved his Sky interview at Falkirk.

Very impressed with him off the park too. Smashing bloke. First through the door of the Star & Garter after the Falkirk game, mixed well and immersed himself in the fans celebration. He's a Jag.

could even run bannigan and others close for SPFL young player of the year, fabulous attitude.

FFS Can we give it a rest already with talk of PotY, we've played 2 games. The transfer window isn't even closed yet. Enjoy the start we've made, dream a little if you want but no wonder football fans get labelled fickle. At the end of September last year after 8 games St Mirren were 4th in the table and finished second bottom. Dundee Utd and Ross County were 10th & 11th but finished in the top six. Two games, and we were a bit fortunate not to get taken to extra time by a part-time team two leagues below us in the cup. Calm the **** down!

FFS Can we give it a rest already with talk of PotY, we've played 2 games. The transfer window isn't even closed yet. Enjoy the start we've made, dream a little if you want but no wonder football fans get labelled fickle. At the end of September last year after 8 games St Mirren were 4th in the table and finished second bottom. Dundee Utd and Ross County were 10th & 11th but finished in the top six. Two games, and we were a bit fortunate not to get taken to extra time by a part-time team two leagues below us in the cup. Calm the **** down!

Agree, we should not be thinking of who we'll get in the Champion's league, just yet. A healthy dose of realism as ever is a prerequisite for a Jag's fan. However, that does not mean we cannot be positive. Quite frankly if we play anything like the way we played on Saturday, I would not fear the majority of the teams in this league. I'm certainly not advancing the notion, that all we have to do is turn up. but I definetly detect reasonable grounds for optimsm. That being the case its really imperative that the boo- boys and nay sayers are allowed to dominate the soundwaves of Firhill. For far too long, we've had a not insignificant section of our support who spend their time in vocal criticism of the team and individual players e.g. Chris Erskine. I'll be the first to admit I do my fare share of moaning, but right now I want to be positive and encourage our side.

tumblr_m31rfa1JJo1qd8tfx.gif

:wall: :wall: :wall:

FFS.

some people have to moan at people moaning when they have justification to moan.

some killjoys have to moan at people having a bit of fun.

some killjoys have to moan at people when they are optimistic.

some people have to moan just for the sake of it.

but if this ever changing forum in which we look in

makes you give in and be a killjoy

say live and let live.

live and let live.

think i will go and write a song using these words, but no doubt some killjoy will moan at that too.

If you think telling someone to calm down is moaning, then aye go and bang your head against a brick wall, cos you've got a hard life in front of you. Hardly yoda like mate!

We've got a brilliant squad of players, the best most of us have probably ever seen at Firhill, and not only that, they play good football, and are being managed by a Jags legend. We might end up losing a couple of our better players for nowt, but we've got a good number of players signed up for longer and won't lose them without at least getting some cash. What is not to love and get excited about? But still, we've only played 2 games, calm doon!

potty, no idea what that picture is supposed to say about my post, not sure which diddy in it you think is me, but it is very funny. :clapping:

Edited by soulful_jag

potty, no idea what that picture is supposed to say about my post, not sure which diddy in it you think is me, but it is very funny. :clapping:

you're the guy at the back... :happy2:

now leave us alone to daydream, imagine, get carried away and generally feel excited and positive about how we've started the season ya torn faced party pooper.

If you think telling someone to calm down is moaning, then aye go and bang your head against a brick wall, cos you've got a hard life in front of you. Hardly yoda like mate!

We've got a brilliant squad of players, the best most of us have probably ever seen at Firhill, and not only that, they play good football, and are being managed by a Jags legend. We might end up losing a couple of our better players for nowt, but we've got a good number of players signed up for longer and won't lose them without at least getting some cash. What is not to love and get excited about? But still, we've only played 2 games, calm doon!

it was more the first few lines of your post than the last 4 words SJ.

for instance the poty chat is a bit of fun and a laugh for some, and for others a punt on who may get poty. nothing harmless, just a reflection of the feelgood factor. the fact you find issue with likes of that is why you should bang your head off a wall and knock some sense into it. lighten up.

as for second paragrpah of your post (barring last line), i can't disagree with you on that, and have been vocal in stating it consistently.

Dunno. Looks more like you and yoda, I'm a torn faced party pooper after all, wouldn't be wandering about with a gormless grin like that guy :lol:

fail

and you know it.

:happy2:

it was more the first few lines of your post than the last 4 words SJ.

for instance the poty chat is a bit of fun and a laugh for some, and for others a punt on who may get poty. nothing harmless, just a reflection of the feelgood factor. the fact you find issue with likes of that is why you should bang your head off a wall and knock some sense into it. lighten up.

as for second paragrpah of your post (barring last line), i can't disagree with you on that, and have been vocal in stating it consistently.

Correct, Yoda

I open up the 'just in' threads and get really disappointed that 4 days on from the game nobody has just got in. Having spent 4 days getting back from Dingwall with stories of drunken debauchery, plundering, looting , hitchhiking and generally having a great time that I can live vicariously through. I suppose there's always the chance of European games next year.

• Like 1