Local Reaction To Celtic's Defeat This Evening

kni

There will be lot of a stories about the need to sign replacements for Hooper and Wanyama. Their defence was utterly hopeless and the Shakhter should have scored at least another. Karagandy had the necessary "vital spark" but Celtic played as if it was a friendly.

There will be lot of a stories about the need to sign replacements for Hooper and Wanyama. Their defence was utterly hopeless and the Shakhter should have scored at least another. Karagandy had the necessary "vital spark" but Celtic played as if it was a friendly.

Parahandy beat the Albanian champions Skenderbeau 3-0 at home in the last round, and by the 29th minute in Tirana were 3-0 down.

Celtic were abject tonight, however it would be a major sacking offence for Lennon & co to lose to this lot over two legs.

i sincerely hope they qualify for no other reason than its estimated to be worth around 130k this year to SPFL clubs from UEFA solidarity pool. i think it increases further if you get to group.

SCO 48% divided equally amongst all SPL Clubs

52% allocated on the basis of final league pos

Scottish PremierLeague

SCO Payments are distributed depending on the quality of youth training programmes. Solidarity payments to national associations for the clubs involved in the qualifying rounds of the 2011/12 UEFA club competitions SCOTLAND

690 000

It's a disaster for Scottish credibility if they get knocked out - and presumably for our national team's ranking, making it harder to qualify for things.

Great being back in the prem but if we end up being part of a league that is as good as Ireland's or worse than Khazakstan's then not so great.

Results like this and Hibs 0 Malmo 7 are just a national embarrassment.

It's a disaster for Scottish credibility if they get knocked out - and presumably for our national team's ranking, making it harder to qualify for things.

Great being back in the prem but if we end up being part of a league that is as good as Ireland's or worse than Khazakstan's then not so great.

I agree. As temporarily amusing as it may be to see them beaten by a team no one over here had heard of a couple of weeks ago, it doesn't reflect at all well on our game, especially since Celtic will almost certainly win the league at a canter. Seeing our national champions pumped out of the Champions League before the weans are even back at school is simply embarrassing.

On the other hand, maybe I am being a bit complacent by deriding Shaktar Thingmy. Given the downward trajectory that Scottish football has been on over at least the past twenty years it is maybe arrogant to assume that our teams should still be able to go out and cuff sides from places we have barely heard of.

I was going to post an image of two women wearing mankini's, however it would almost certainly be NSFW. Google it :)

I have just Googled it in my head... :shocked:

i sincerely hope they qualify for no other reason than its estimated to be worth around 130k this year to SPFL clubs from UEFA solidarity pool. i think it increases further if you get to group.

SCO 48% divided equally amongst all SPL Clubs

52% allocated on the basis of final league pos

Scottish PremierLeague

SCO Payments are distributed depending on the quality of youth training programmes. Solidarity payments to national associations for the clubs involved in the qualifying rounds of the 2011/12 UEFA club competitions SCOTLAND

690 000

So 130k / 12 * 48% = just over 5k to Thistle with maybe a bit more final league postions even if it is 10k

They lose out on millions - stuff it let's lose the few k we get

Edited by Paddy Thistle

So 130k / 12 * 48% = just over 5k to Thistle with maybe a bit more final league postions even if it is 10k

They lose out on millions - stuff it let's lose the few k we get

need the money, we don't.

we have loads, don't you know?

and what difference would 5k make? club would be lucky to only have enough to only splash out on luxury fur slippers for directors, or electric blankets, for the directors box. won't get both for 5k.

plus, any excuse to laugh, point at and ridicule either of the ugly sisters is well worth it, fcuk them and damn them both to hell

• Like 2

Ironically, in terms of national coeffcient, it would be easier for Celtic to make points in the Europa League rather than in the Champions League. Easier games, more points, better coefficient. Let´s remember the losers of these play-offs are through to the EL group phase.

Elimination does affect Celtic financially. They lose millions. However, they haven´t so far reinvested the amount earned last year or the 20M from the Wanyama, Hooper deals. It really showed yesterday.

But I´d very surprised if they don´t thrash that team from Kazakhistan next week. Their goalkeeper looked Sunday league stuff most of the time.

Edited by Spanish Jag

I used to reserve a tiny bit of 'hope they do well, it's good for Scottish Football' for all our teams in Europe - even the ugly sisters (although that was difficult). Not now, not ever again for either of them two. For one thing, Sellick only had 4 players qualified to play for Scotland (as opposed to Scots) in their whole 18 man squad, and one of them has chosen not to bother playing for the national side any more. So - I don't see how the failure of a mostly Irish owned team, overwhelmingly staffed by overseas players, could be bad for Scottish football.

I used to reserve a tiny bit of 'hope they do well, it's good for Scottish Football' for all our teams in Europe - even the ugly sisters (although that was difficult). Not now, not ever again for either of them two. For one thing, Sellick only had 4 players qualified to play for Scotland (as opposed to Scots) in their whole 18 man squad, and one of them has chosen not to bother playing for the national side any more. So - I don't see how the failure of a mostly Irish owned team, overwhelmingly staffed by overseas players, could be bad for Scottish football.

I like to see all Scottish clubs winning in Europe except Celtic and Rangers (old).

I even remember hoping Airdrie would beat Sparta Prague in the early 90's.