Shuggy

Stephen1876

Suggestion from Morton fans on here that Thistle have listed him for loan and they are interested! If ever a player and a club never fitted each other

http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=41132

That said, it will be interesting to see where Shuggy does end up. He appears well out of Archie's plans when he can't even make the bench when we are playing a five man midfield.

Terrible troll trolls terribly.

Seems to be the way on here if you don't agree with a particular point of view you must be a troll.

Our seemingly most experienced player getting himself sent off on the same ground, in front of the same baying fans, for his own ego and gratification twice makes him to my mind at least a liability.

Lest we forget the second of these games was the first of Archie's reign and defeat could have been terminal to our league chances.

Seems to be the way on here if you don't agree with a particular point of view you must be a troll.

Our seemingly most experienced player getting himself sent off on the same ground, in front of the same baying fans, for his own ego and gratification twice makes him to my mind at least a liability.

Lest we forget the second of these games was the first of Archie's reign and defeat could have been terminal to our league chances.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're genuinely not trolling? Then ok, I'll humour you. Both were bad red cards to take, I expected better of him for both, but he was and is in no way a liability - from all accounts he is great support in the dressing room and I'm sure he'd give it 100% if he was called upon. Very harsh comment on you from a guy who played his part in us winning the league last year, both on and off the pitch.

That said, I don't think he's up to Premiership class and a move to Dumbarton would be good for both parties. He'll go with my best wishes.

• Like 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quelle surprise.

You're genuinely not trolling? Then ok, I'll humour you. Both were bad red cards to take, I expected better of him for both, but he was and is in no way a liability - from all accounts he is great support in the dressing room and I'm sure he'd give it 100% if he was called upon. Very harsh comment on you from a guy who played his part in us winning the league last year, both on and off the pitch.

That said, I don't think he's up to Premiership class and a move to Dumbarton would be good for both parties. He'll go with my best wishes.

I'm not doubting he had a part to play behind the scenes.

However and this is my opinion, to be sent off against Morton twice made him a liability. Once is unfortunate but not to learn his lesson, especially at his age is sheer stupidity.

I'm not doubting he had a part to play behind the scenes.

However and this is my opinion, to be sent off against Morton twice made him a liability. Once is unfortunate but not to learn his lesson, especially at his age is sheer stupidity.

First red was a second booking, it was a 50/50 ball he had every right to go for, didn't show his studs, was more committed, of course the home support, in no way, influenced the referee.

second red was a tackle from peter mcdonald which we won a free kick for. murray reacted, but didn't make any contact, a second yellow? i don't think so. the fact that mcdonald's tackle on murray was right infront of the morton support in no way influenced that referee either.

First red was a second booking, it was a 50/50 ball he had every right to go for, didn't show his studs, was more committed, of course the home support, in no way, influenced the referee.

second red was a tackle from peter mcdonald which we won a free kick for. murray reacted, but didn't make any contact, a second yellow? i don't think so. the fact that mcdonald's tackle on murray was right infront of the morton support in no way influenced that referee either.

So to summarise he twice put himself in a situation where the ref had a decision to make.

Twice he allowed himself to be wound up by the Morton fans.

Once he killed off our chances of getting a point and once put us at huge risk of losing a game we could not afford to?

Sound like the actions of a liability to me.

So to summarise he twice put himself in a situation where the ref had a decision to make.

Twice he allowed himself to be wound up by the Morton fans.

Once he killed off our chances of getting a point and once put us at huge risk of losing a game we could not afford to?

Sound like the actions of a liability to me.

Out of interest do you think Muirhead is a liability? 3 reds last season, arguably all far more deserve than any Murray picked up, should suggest so.

Out of interest do you think Muirhead is a liability? 3 reds last season, arguably all far more deserve than any Murray picked up, should suggest so.

If I recall one was last man, one for two bookings and one fully deserved for assault. All different offences but crucially not repeated. Murray was also sent off for a last man challenge but these things happen

My point with Murray is that despite being an experienced player he allowed himself to be goaded into exactly the same situation in almost the exact spot twice in a row. It was his failure to learn or put his petty small town squabbles to one side that made him a liability.

I find myself agreeing with Le Chic to an extent. As the old head in our team I was disappointed with Murray's discipline. He was crucial to the fine start to the season we had and I'm sure had an impact in the dressing room though.

For one of Muirhead's reds it was O'Donnell's fault really. Slack pass if I remember correctly. And he's younger and more inexperienced so you can let him off with it a bit more.

My point with Murray is that despite being an experienced player he allowed himself to be goaded into exactly the same situation in almost the exact spot twice in a row. It was his failure to learn or put his petty small town squabbles to one side that made him a liability.

Seems that you have an inability to let a petty characterisation of Murray go, based on incidents that happened last season.

We won the league.

This is a new season.

If I recall one was last man, one for two bookings and one fully deserved for assault. All different offences but crucially not repeated. Murray was also sent off for a last man challenge but these things happen

You do realise you are completely rewriting history, right?

And for reference. Both of his reds at Morton, were second yellows.

Edited by potty trained

Think you are turning a blind eye to how well he played in the first part of the season, last season. I agree that he probably hasnt got it for top league football any more but imo no one can deny that he played his part in us winning the league last season though I am sure many will

Le Chic..... named after Mr Charnley perhaps........ 17 red cards in his career

and we all loved him

In what way?

What relevance does the fact it was 2nd yellows have?

Relevant in the fact that you mention one of Muirheads as 2 yellows as if to make it sound less severe.

go back and read how Murray's 2 red's came about at Morton, what happenned in the lead up. and then tell me they are exactly the same.

do you put any reference on the fact that both incidents happenned infront of a baying Morton shed? or do you think the ref was in no way influenced by them?

Relevant in the fact that you mention one of Muirheads as 2 yellows as if to make it sound less severe.

go back and read how Murray's 2 red's came about at Morton, what happenned in the lead up. and then tell me they are exactly the same.

do you put any reference on the fact that both incidents happenned infront of a baying Morton shed? or do you think the ref was in no way influenced by them?

I think the ref was probably influenced by the fact that both were obvious red cards, to be honest.

• Like 1

Not less severe, merely pointing out each sending off was different.

I was at both games and remember each sending off.

The first game he launched himself into a challenge with unnecessary force for a man on a yellow. Perhaps a 50/50 but he gave the ref a decision to make. As I recall there were some at the time who believed it was worthy of a red in itself.

Second time he got involved needlessly against a team who clearly saw him as a loose cannon. Gave the ref a decision to make.

Does your point about the baying shed not back up my argument somewhat? He could not be trusted to keep his cool in front of them.