Jags - Dons

The Cup

The last Thistle v Aberdeen game I attended at Firhill we won 2-1. That wee Njaff Harper scored for the Dons and I lost my False Teeth when we scored the winner. They went straight down to the front of the old Shed. I got them back minus a couple of bits and I've still got them to this day. Geez I need a Beer!

I think Welsh has started the season in very impressive form and it was a big disappointment for him to get injured. However I think he will be on the bench on Saturday’s game. Osbourne was solid for us last week and I feel Bannigan was outstanding particularly in the first half. Best game I have saw him play.

Doolan will come in for Baird, John he has played well for us just lacking on that goal. We can’t afford to play a striker missing chances when we have Doolan in the squad.

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Taylor-Sinclair

Osbourne Bannigan

Craigen

Lawless Higginbotham

Doolan

Could that be due to the Dons are confident of a healthy number travelling down, but Killie are not?

Maybe. Wondering what the criteria is for deciding which games are all ticket for away fans. Can't help thinking that sometime this season we'll be either undersold or we'll have away fans paying in at the home stands..

Maybe. Wondering what the criteria is for deciding which games are all ticket for away fans. Can't help thinking that sometime this season we'll be either undersold or we'll have away fans paying in at the home stands..

I guess clubs will give us an estimate of travelling numbers in advance and then the decision would be made?

Was there patg for DU or Jambo fans?

Appears Aberdeen fans are being allocated designated seats. This didn't appear the case with our first two league guests visiting? Is this maybe due to the new ticket system being installed?

I guess clubs will give us an estimate of travelling numbers in advance and then the decision would be made?

Was there patg for DU or Jambo fans?

Appears Aberdeen fans are being allocated designated seats. This didn't appear the case with our first two league guests visiting? Is this maybe due to the new ticket system being installed?

patg for the Arabs all ticket for the Jambos

Although it's a bit pish that there's no game on Saturday it gives Sean Welsh-Iniesta and McMillan more time to get back.

Jagfox on pieandbovril posted that we are 1 win away from out 1000th top flight victory.

If true it's worth a tweet to the club at least.

It is true. Been looking forward to the 1000th top flight victory for a while. Might even have a celebratory blog post!

I think all games at FIrhill will be all ticket for away fans. It'll be due to the new turnstyle system which requires a barcode to scan the ticket.

Am I wrong in thinking we might be missing a trick, especially for the Kilmarnock game since Aberdeen could feasibly sell the stand out, that we are offering no ticket sales on the day. Would it be worthwhile maybe opening up the old ticket office on the main stand side to sell them on the day to away fans?

Am I wrong in thinking we might be missing a trick, especially for the Kilmarnock game since Aberdeen could feasibly sell the stand out, that we are offering no ticket sales on the day. Would it be worthwhile maybe opening up the old ticket office on the main stand side to sell them on the day to away fans?

Got an aberdeen supporting mate who lives in glasgow, as im sure quite alot do. Him and his son were going to go along on sat but he was unaware, until I told him, that it was currently ticket only for the away fans. If there are going to be empty sections in the stand do you think we will be opening up a gate to pay in by cash or sell tickets for the main stand on the day of the game, the way teams like St Mirren do. If not we could end up with quite a few local Dons fans in with the home support!

Edited by thistledave78

Noticed this http://www.eveningex...e.aspx/3389938? In the interests of consistency should we not be handing over the North Stand to the Dons? Or are their smoke bombs and flares* less of a risk than those of our city rivals?

*Excuse my ignorance but are smoke bombs and flares the same thing?

Surely the way the tickets were sold by St.Mirren to us is the way we should be treating all away fans...

Tickets on sale in advance, but any left sold on the day.

Seemed to work perfectly for our visit to Paisley

Exactly.

Btw, not been this season yet, are away fans no longer allocated a section of the JHS?

Noticed this http://www.eveningex...e.aspx/3389938? In the interests of consistency should we not be handing over the North Stand to the Dons? Or are their smoke bombs and flares* less of a risk than those of our city rivals?

*Excuse my ignorance but are smoke bombs and flares the same thing?

Bugger trying to get rescued at sea using a smoke bomb methinks!
  • Like 1