Estonian On Trial

lady-isobel-barnett

It would certainly appear that Archie has identified the problems in our front-line, and is looking to rectify it. Hannes Anier looks like a big guy, certainly would be the tallest of our strikers bar McGuigan, and looks of a much heavier build. Will add some much needed muscle to our attacking options.

Obviously I wouldn’t want to just “take a punt” on one of the two players on trials, as we have no space for passengers. But to echo my sentiments on Saturday, if we do bring in another attacker, we can’t really be playing just one out and out striker each week.

Thistle, meanwhile, are set to snap up former Rangers trialist keeper Scott Basalaj this week.

So we'll have Fox with Gallacher as back-up and Waters/Basalaj as our goalkeepers in the U20s. Scully will probably be off when he returns. Anyone heard how he's getting on?

They're second in League One and he's played all their league games, so must be doing OK I presume. Though only one shut-out plus one in the League Cup. McGuigan scored for Rovers at the weekend.

The type of player we could really do with is a player who knows where the goalposts are, like Paul Hefferman or even Boyd i.e. their no world beaters , but their always going to get a good few points for their teams as was the case on Saturday. Mind you I doubt Boyd is actually up to this passing and moving business that our lads seem to prefer.