Team V Dundee United

The Sunnylaw Jag

Well, my take on the game:

Really disappointed, but not surprised. The number of corners we had with absolutely no end result was shocking, and has to be rectified. More so since we lost our 4th from another crap delivery.

Was optimistic when we decided to play with two out and out strikers for a change, but it seems our killer touch is simply not good enough, and another striker appears to be an absolute must.

Again, I thought Archie’s choice of subs were awful. Higgy, Forbers and Doolan off! It seemed like damage limitation as opposed to any meaningful attempt to get ourselves back into the game.

Anyway, onwards to Saturday, and I hope our good away run in the league continues, but we really do need to start learning lessons. Defensively we are making a lot more errors than last season which is slightly worrying as you simply don’t get away with it at this top level. And up front…well, it’s all been said before.

To paraphrase my hero, Malcolm Tucker, tonight was a “feckin' omnishambles!”

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Is Christie a realistic alternative at the lone striker. Quick, strong, good in the air and has hit the net a few times this season.

Have to admit he always looks like he could score - certainly gets the chances. I think I would give Doolan maybe one more game (he did score against County) and then we have to start trying out alternatives. Elliot or Higginbotham are top of the list to try out.