Points Tally So Far

Vinnyjag

What are people's thoughts on our points tally so far. We are going into the last game of the first quarter next Sunday and whatever happens we will end it with at least 13 points.

Whatever we think re we should have more is irrelevant, I think at least 13 points or maybe 16, is a great first quarter return. Before yesterday we all would have been delighted to take a point from our next 3 games and hey presto we did it in one.

It's almost the end of the first round of games, which I think is what the OP meant.

I'm very happy with 13 points - this is an unusual season with Hertz so far back, and survival/10th is the aim. The sooner we wrap that up the better. It's frankly bizarre that 10 of our points have come away from home, but who cares? We're 7th. That'll do nicely.

No one really knew how we'd fare after stepping up, so to look comfortable (and dangerous) in most games, and be arguably unlucky to be on 13, is superb.

Pretty sure we all regret those draws, and the manner of the loss to Hibs, but as the BBC guys acknowledged last night, we're possibly the best footballing team in the league, and with that goals and points will come.

Just wanted to read that again. It's a special time to be a Jags fan. To know that if your team plays even partly to their best ability you will see good football being played makes going to see the team a pleasure rather than the duty it used to feel like when we were dross.

I know it's too early to question the difference in home and away form. I do tho' believe that teams playing at home against us will see anything other than a win as a very poor result. With that in mind I don't see why we won't continue picking up points away from home against teams pushing forward.

The converse may be true in relation to matches at Firhill. At least three, possibly four.of the teams we've played at home would I'm sure have been happy with a point before kick off. Ironically Hibs looked the side most content to get a point and walked away with three.

Perhaps then our strength is also our weakness. We don't do a Plan B and Plan C we just get on with what we do best. So I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to play our opponents off the park at Firhill but struggle to get three points. That might change later in the season when teams are needing the maximum for varying reasons.

13 points is imo a very good return. I would never have thought before the season started that after 10 games we'd have won as many as we've lost with an almost neutral goal difference.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I would never have thought before the season started that after 10 games we'd have won as many as we've lost with an almost neutral goal difference.

There can't be many managers in the country with as impressive a defensive record as Archie, starting with when he took over last season.

Anybody else frighten themselves with the thought that Archie might be catching the eye of some clubs down south?

It's a strange situation because I think if many of us were offered 13 points after 10 games we'd have taken it no bother. But to have came out of so many games this season feeling like we've gotten less than we deserved it's hard to not be greedy and expect us to have more.

I certainly think our away form is better as the onus in on the home team to come forward and create chances which opens up the door for us to counter attack and exploit the space. At home teams are sitting in and stifling us, making it hard for us to get in behind them and cause problems, and hitting us on the break.

All in all i'm pretty happy with the first 10 games. We've played well for the most part and if we can keep it up I see no reason why we can't pick up another 13-16 points from the next 10-12 games. If we can keep up that ratio then we'd finish on roughly 49 points.

Pretty sure we all regret those draws, and the manner of the loss to Hibs, but as the BBC guys acknowledged last night, we're possibly the best footballing team in the league, and with that goals and points will come.

Agree totally but what happens if Doolan picks up a serious injury?

Duggan should be given a chance, at least off the bench, as he's been scoring regularly for the U20s.

I'm probably being a wee bit pedantic here, but when we talk about home and away "form", I'm sure we're on about results pure and simple. Sure, it's kinda strange that our away tally of 10 points outweighs our home capture of 3; but is the difference between our home and away results not simply more or less that we've finished superbly away and choked in front of goal at home on so many different occasions?

With few exceptions, I think we've been very impressive both home and away in respect of performances, or 'form', but been sharp in front of goal at away grounds - yesterday being a prime example - and not as lethal at Firhill. Just how I look at it, though.

Just the same, I'm ecstatic at our away results - second only to Celtic I believe.

It's almost the end of the first round of games, which I think is what the OP meant.

I'm very happy with 13 points - this is an unusual season with Hertz so far back, and survival/10th is the aim. The sooner we wrap that up the better. It's frankly bizarre that 10 of our points have come away from home, but who cares? We're 7th. That'll do nicely.

No one really knew how we'd fare after stepping up, so to look comfortable (and dangerous) in most games, and be arguably unlucky to be on 13, is superb.

Yes sorry I should have been more specific, I meant points tally after the first round of games.

I think if we take a point per game from now until the split we will be fine. Does anyone know how many points Dundee Utd had last season to make the top six?

Kilmarnock(7th) had 42.

Not only that, but we could most of our team to other SPFL sides at the end of the season. Poaching barstewards.

Most are on two year contacts. Main exceptions are Lawless, Forbes, Osborne and Sinclair....would like to see all 4 be given extensions right now especially the latter two

Most are on two year contacts. Main exceptions are Lawless, Forbes, Osborne and Sinclair....would like to see all 4 be given extensions right now especially the latter two

Yes, but ... if United or Motherwell, or any other team come bouncing along with a wee offer of cash, would we be in any position to turn it down for anybody?

There were posts describing Fox as the best goalie in the division, and I was thinking, "aw no, don't say that, Celtic or Aberdeen will be in so he can warm their bench next season!"

Yes, but ... if United or Motherwell, or any other team come bouncing along with a wee offer of cash, would we be in any position to turn it down for anybody?

There were posts describing Fox as the best goalie in the division, and I was thinking, "aw no, don't say that, Celtic or Aberdeen will be in so he can warm their bench next season!"

I like to think that survival this season will mean that, financially, we would be in a good position to knock back any diddy offers (especially from within the SPFL) for our better players.

I'm actually surprised at how much we managed to strengthen the squad (in most areas) this season, as I thought we would lose a few more players than we did.

I'm actually surprised at how much we managed to strengthen the squad (in most areas) this season, as I thought we would lose a few more players than we did.

What I find refreshing is the fact on Sunday there for example only two of the thirteen players used were not with us last season. And those two can be seen as replacements for Paton & Erskine. Not one of our Div 1 players has looked out of his depth in this division. The odd poor game admittedly but that applies to the majority of SPL players.