Lostboyo's Blog About Celtic Game

jagfox

No, it's V the blue cheek. Over 49,000.

You're right that for a Thistle match that is the record attendance at Firhill, but I have a nagging feeling that it got bettered by an international match.

ETA: From "Firhill" in Wiki:

The stadium's attendance record was set by the 1928 British Home Championship match between Scotland and Ireland, when 54,728 people attended.[2]

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 1

"we found ourselves outside a building which wouldn’t resemble a football ground if it wasn’t for the floodlights towering over each side of it. The Main Stand looked more like a classic old industrial building or offices – this was the first sign that I knew that I was going to love this place."

Brilliant quote to slap in the face of all the main stand's detractors. It's a rough diamond, but absolutely The jewel in the Firhill crown.

:fan:

• Like 4

Just got round to reading this, they must have been a few feet to my right, no wonder they had such a great time.

It isn't obvious from the site if they are Bluebirds or Jacks, I wonder if they were celebrating yesterday? :shakeshout:

The Dumbarton blog of their trip says the writer is a Jack and his weedy companion who kept throwing up was a red-bird :P

Fair play to Cardiff, they deserved their win. Very poor show by Swansea City.

The Dumbarton blog of their trip says the writer is a Jack and his weedy companion who kept throwing up was a red-bird :P

Yup, the Swans never got their passing game together, and leaving Bony on the bench was a mistake IMO. Never mine, we'll beat the at the Liberty Stadium.

Yup, the Swans never got their passing game together, and leaving Bony on the bench was a mistake IMO. Never mine, we'll beat the at the Liberty Stadium.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table :happy2: