pink panther

So what's your point caller?

My point is that you are very easily offended and are maybe a wee bit too sensitive to attend football matches.

Your problem with the Motherwell fans seems to be their age. Which I find strange considering that you can't be that old yourself, judging by your posts anyway.

My point is that you are very easily offended and are maybe a wee bit too sensitive to attend football matches.

Your problem with the Motherwell fans seems to be their age. Which I find strange considering that you can't be that old yourself, judging by your posts anyway.

Well, if you do think up a counter argument, let me know; I can't really be bothered with your snide comments about my age, thanks.

The "atmosphere" generated by the 'well "ultras" was hardly an atmosphere.

They were being led in synchronised clapping and rehearsed songs, it didn't really seem that they were following the game. This is exactly what the GB do.

You'll notice that when we scored. they went silent. Hardly generating an atmosphere of encouragement for their side. It's very easy to sing we your team starts rumping the opposition 5-1. At one point they seemed to be having a mini rammy between themselves, don't know what that was all about. Then watching the game on telly, it became clear that the bunch is entirely made up of teenagers.

There's a big difference between generating an atmosphere and a bunch of neds just looking to stir. My opinion is that that lot are firmly in the latter, and are an embarrassment to their club and football in general. Much like the group of bairns in the North Stand scuttling about giving gestures to the away fans, I don't want my club represented by a bunch of 14-year-old fannies, thanks very much. The North Stand should not be open to kids.

So the Well fans were letting off flash bangs yesterday, and have let off flares in the past too.

Why are these little tits getting praised for their moronic behaviour when the GB have been universally condemned on here in the past for the exact same stuff?

If the GB didn't sing sectarian songs and hang idiotic banners would they be a benefit to the game too?

I don't want tossers like that at any game supporting any team. Just like I deplored people jumping on the pitch at the cup final last year, and was told it generated 'atmosphere'.

We'll just have to disagree if that's the kind of element you want to encourage at football games.

Geez peagreeenboy, you certainly seem to be in an awkward mood. Let's try is again, as it seems you still don't understand my last post. IF, and it now appears to be a big ask, IF you can separate the atmosphere that is created by Well fans, from any associated violence/Ned culture etc, then you will be able to respond properly to the initial post, which was all about atmosphere generated by drums/clapping etc. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your opinion that those who generate such atmospheres may well come with baggage. But that's not the thread. It's a discussion about whether the drums/synchronised clapping creates a good atmosphere. And in my opinion it does. My opinion on the Well Ultras and hooliganism etc. is a totally separate discussion. Try and keep with the program peagreenboy.

• Like 1

Ah, selective quoting to twist your own version. I'll leave you to guess the answer. What a fckin stupid question.

Selective quoting??? Think you will find I quoted your whole post (#21) as for fcking stupid question, tell me then the "best bits" the north stand has taken. You are quick to insult other posters, so answer the fcking question, instead of slagging of a bunch of young boys who generate a better atmosphere than the north stand do.

Selective quoting??? Think you will find I quoted your whole post (#21) as for fcking stupid question, tell me then the "best bits" the north stand has taken. You are quick to insult other posters, so answer the fcking question, instead of slagging of a bunch of young boys who generate a better atmosphere than the north stand do.

Selective quoting thus inferring that I have suggested that slagging off our players is one of the best bits we have adopted. At no point have I said that and therefore would not answer your original ridiculous question with a yes.

Wait a minute... By saying they have adopted all aspects of terrace culture, I'm slagging off the Motherwell fans?

In what way have I slagged them off?

Are you sure you aren't getting mixed up, and should be directing this conversation to someone else? I don't think I've commented on their drum or their singing.

Edited by potty trained

By suggesting that the north stand had adopted the best bits and Motherwell had adopted the lot, you must be suggesting they have adopted the bad bits as well and the bits in the middle. Well I couldn't see any bad bits yesterday, yes they may have some wee idiots (going by yesterday we have plenty more), but they did generate a very good atmosphere.

By suggesting that the north stand had adopted the best bits and Motherwell had adopted the lot, you must be suggesting they have adopted the bad bits as well and the bits in the middle. Well I couldn't see any bad bits yesterday, yes they may have some wee idiots (going by yesterday we have plenty more), but they did generate a very good atmosphere.

Which I haven't disputed.

I hate drums at the football. Could we have "Arthur McBride" played over the loudspeaker for the benefit of fans bringing one to Firhill?

"And the little wee drummer we flattened his pow

"And we made a football of his rowdeydowdow

"Threw it in the tide for to rock and to row

"And bade it a tedious returning"

<http://www.lyricstime.com/paul-brady-arthur-mcbride-and-the-sergeant-lyrics.html>

The Basin may not have any tide but it could still be used as the final repository of the offending timpano.

Football has become so staid and sterile that I thought the well fans yesterday were great. Football has always had its terrace culture and the "ultra" style of supporting has become popular in recent years in this country. As for middle aged supporters calling them "wee fannies" I'm sure older fans called the mods wee fannies in the 70's or the casuals wee fannies in the 80's and how football was so much better in their day . Let the young ones have their day so they have something exciting to remember when they get older .

Football has become so staid and sterile that I thought the well fans yesterday were great. Football has always had its terrace culture and the "ultra" style of supporting has become popular in recent years in this country. As for middle aged supporters calling them "wee fannies" I'm sure older fans called the mods wee fannies in the 70's or the casuals wee fannies in the 80's and how football was so much better in their day . Let the young ones have their day so they have something exciting to remember when they get older .

I've got to agree with this. Moved to the North Stand last season as the JHS can be a morgue on matchday. Despite a little bit of resentment yesterday for the fans who were shouting "ole," it was the only region of Firhill still actually singing when we went 3-1 down.

For the 'Well fans, I've got applaud the effort, but in reality it all looked a little American Prep Rally with their synchronized clapping. Also letting off flash-bangs in an enclosed wooded stand is the height of stupidity, but I'd rather the effort than the desolate tumble-weed matchdays of the past few seasons.

and where was there trouble caused by the wee boys? they were just singin and creating an artmosphere. i dont think they were saying they are ultras in the italian neo nazi granny slashing sense, calling themselves is ultras is tongue in cheek, coz each one of them is boyband oot their nut n couldnt batter their granny n thats the joke. jeez someone get mary whitehouse a tampon, honestly. i liked they motherwell guys, n if i saw them in the street id congradulate them for spurrin on their players.

The well fans and their drum was embarrassing until the baby shed started with theirs!

Can someone confiscate the drum from the "baby shed" cos it's dreadful.

They just bang it when ever they fancy with no apparent point or any rhythm! Awful!

Also why are they still in the North stand I thought it was a trial?

Can someone remind me why kids shouldnt be in the North Stand

They were an embarrassment. Running around the stand entire game. As soon as we scored they were down the front trying to square up to the Motherwell fans - you just knew that was going to backfire. It's as if they think that being in the North Stand entitles them to act like a***holes. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought that the idea of the shed moving to the north stand was that it would be policed with a relaxed approach and basically standing was allowed provided fans could police themselves. The kids in the NS displayed the fact that they are not mature enough to police themselves.

Can someone remind me why kids shouldnt be in the North Stand

They should. There is some kids who come along and behave themselves.

My opinion is the north stand should be over 16s unless they are accompanied by a parent.

The baby shed are an embarrassment. I would read Twinny's post as he points out why the "baby shed" shouldn't be in the north stand.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere created by the well fans. Looked like they had taken some time to rehearse their chants and It was certainly more entertaining than our young fans. Reminded me why I try and go to a few Bundesliga matches every year. I do agree that safe standing sections would improve the atmosphere at games in Scotland. By the way I know that the North stand is our singing section but it would be nice if the Jackie Husband Stand would join in now and again.

Snobbery in the North Stand. I love it. Maybe you should vet each member of the baby shed to see if you deem them worthy to join your elite society. Btw as for the Motherwell support it's easy to create atmosphere when your pumpimg the opposition 5 - 1 away from home

I don't think it's snobbery that if the kids want to sit with the grown ups, they behave

The idea of the north stand was to have as few stewards and police as possible, that can't happen when the baby shed cannot be trusted not to wind up the away support or dive on the pitch when we score.

They can do what the heck they like if they get rid of that drum!

I don't think it's snobbery that if the kids want to sit with the grown ups, they behave

The idea of the north stand was to have as few stewards and police as possible, that can't happen when the baby shed cannot be trusted not to wind up the away support or dive on the pitch when we score.

They can do what the heck they like if they get rid of that drum!

We're you ever in the original shed?

Many a Saturday spent winding up (and a bit more) the away support who were only the other-side of the fence