Just In....

javeajag

Positive: Thought Barlow was more than decent and really deserved a defender to help him out after the penalty save.

Negative: Referee was abysmal. Allowed fouling on Taylor all game. I was impressed with the fact he managed to keep his cool the whole game. Couldn't even get basic decisions like throw-in's right.

Substitutions really killed us today. Why put on Muirhead for Fraser when we had Forbes on the bench? What exactly did Elliot offer? And why didn't we bring Doolan on for Taylor with 20 mins to go?

Feels like a defeat as K*llie are rank rotten yet have stole 2 poists from 2 visits to Firhill not to mention undeservedly beating us at RP.

It mightn't have impacted on the final result but Archie's judgment in leaving Taylor on for the full 90 minutes despite him being dead on his feet after an hour was very poor. He wasn't able to make any sort of impact on the game and was far more obviously in need of a rest than either Lawless or Fraser, who went off far earlier than he eventually intended Doolan to come on. It now means Taylor will be lucky if he can put in a half hour shift on Tuesday and Doolan goes longer still without proper game time.

As for the game itself, I want to see the penalty decision again but I don't think, generally, we can blame the officials for today's result. Time and again we put in a solid or acceptable first hour then inexplicably capitulate to absolute dross in the latter stages. Killie are a rubbish side and if we had any discipline about us at all we'd be humping them.

Higginbotham's goal was nice to see. I think Gallagher and Mair both had decent games too.

I agree with everything you said,can't believe we've just watched a rerun of last week's game, will Archie ever learn ?,thought Lyle Taylor tried hard enough but was primarily cancelled out by Pascali,how Dools can be brought on with only 2 mins to go is beyond belief,how can you influence things in that space of time ?

Regarding Doolan,think Archie's man management needs to come into question,think Dools has proved he can play at this level and is under contract for another year,so if Lyle Taylor goes back to Sheffied United in 3 months will Doolan want to play for Archibald ?

We should never have drawn that game. Absolutely gutted. And, sadly, several of my criticisms mirror those made last week.

Negatives

1. Muirhead is not a defensive midfielder. His positioning is all over the place when asked to play this role and he doesn't have the mobility to provide cover in wide areas. I cannot for the life of me understand why Archie thought his introduction would do anything other than see us drop deeper and invite more pressure.

2. Craigen floats in and out of games. When we were struggling to maintain possession in the second half I would have replaced him with Forbes and moved to a 4-3-3. Archie seems to have a blind spot when it comes to James.

3. We're gradually jettisoning our passing game, even when it is required tactically. We were at our most dangerous when the players remembered that they can pass a ball, not when they were hoofing it up to Taylor, who did well but was increasingly isolated.

4. O'Donnell needs to keep his concentration when decisions go against him. Too often he throws a hissy-fit, pulls his hair and gesticulates at the ref when he should be getting back into position. Just get on with the game.

Positives

1. I thought the central defensive partnership of Mair and Balatoni worked well generaliy. Some of the criticisms of Conrad seem a bit harsh to me.

2. Bannigan and Fraser looked good together, even though the latter is clearly some way from being fully match fit.

3. I though Higgy was fantastic. He really made up for a ropey performance last week.

4. ATS had a decent game before being sent off.

Edited to change 'lost' to 'drawn'. Says it all really. This felt like a loss.

Edited by Stewarty
  • Like 1

I have NEVER advocated Gus macpherson as our manager

Did I say that? Haha, but then again you want Archie sacked, then you say he needs help, then you say you never stated that you wanted him sacked, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary ...now answer the 349 and 356 posts in the Archie thread please!!

Edited by Lindau

I think what's also scunnered me a bit tonight is not just us losing a penalty in the last minute (which may be very dubious)

But other results did not see Hibs losing like that to St Mirren

Dundee United getting a hammering too Ross County - again thanks for nothing Jackie

Despite another very iffy refereeing performance, I've got to say it was a clear cut penalty IMO. I heard Johnston on the radio saying a draw was a fair result! FFS Kilmarnock never even had a shot on goal from open play till nearly the end of the game. What is it about ex-h*ns do they surgically remove their critical faculties when they enter Castle Greyskull?

• Like 1

Despite another very iffy refereeing performance, I've got to say it was a clear cut penalty IMO. I heard Johnston on the radio saying a draw was a fair result! FFS Kilmarnock never even had a shot on goal from open play till nearly the end of the game. What is it about ex-h*ns do they surgically remove their critical faculties when they enter Castle Greyskull?

I heard Johnstone say that on the way back in the car....I must have been watching another game. Stonewall penalty though!

I agree with everything you said,can't believe we've just watched a rerun of last week's game, will Archie ever learn ?,thought Lyle Taylor tried hard enough but was primarily cancelled out by Pascali,how Dools can be brought on with only 2 mins to go is beyond belief,how can you influence things in that space of time ?

Regarding Doolan,think Archie's man management needs to come into question,think Dools has proved he can play at this level and is under contract for another year,so if Lyle Taylor goes back to Sheffied United in 3 months will Doolan want to play for Archibald ?

I dont think its unfair to suggest that any player being paid a wage by a club should be wanting to play for them regardless

I dont think its unfair to suggest that any player being paid a wage by a club should be wanting to play for them regardless

That's what should happen,doesn't seem to work that way in football,if there is a mutual respect there think you'll get the best out of a player

No doubt that the penalty was a penalty.

1st half we were by far the better team. 2nd half we looked tired and the confidence drained away. Higginbotham and Lawless were excellent but Elliot and Muirhead were poor and seemed to signal a desperate defence on our 18 yard line. The inevitable followed.

Atmos was superb until the last 5 mins.

Today is the day that I realised that we're more likely to finish 11th than 10th. If we can't hold on to win this game, we don't deserve higher than 11th.

• Like 1