Jags V Saints

The Cup

Onwards and upwards.

Win and we are up to 9th, lose and we're still 11th but the other teams have a game in hand.

Muirhead for Bannigan, McMillan for ATS.

St Johnstone have a couple of influential players missing which is a bonus.

I think we might finally get a home win.

I see that QP won at home at the weekend. Are we the only team in the UK that hasn't won at home?

Onwards and upwards.

Win and we are up to 9th, lose and we're still 11th but the other teams have a game in hand.

Muirhead for Bannigan, McMillan for ATS.

St Johnstone have a couple of influential players missing which is a bonus.

I think we might finally get a home win.

I see that QP won at home at the weekend. Are we the only team in the UK that hasn't won at home?

The only two changes I hope Archie makes as well.

Let's take it a wee bit easier this time, slow it down a wee bit, let the ball do the work. Pick our moments a bit better and conserve some energy.

We have nothing to fear, we have the Firhill crowd, we play great football. Another game I'm looking forward to.

Very concerned about how ready Lyle Taylor will be for this game. Love Archie, but still in disbelief that he didn't take Taylor off after 70 minutes. Nothing was sticking up top when we needed to give our defence a rest and a tough midweek game coming up.

Fairly certain Doolan will start this one as Taylor did look knackered on Saturday. Bigger decisions for Archie are in defence and midfield selection.

Very concerned about how ready Lyle Taylor will be for this game. Love Archie, but still in disbelief that he didn't take Taylor off after 70 minutes. Nothing was sticking up top when we needed to give our defence a rest and a tough midweek game coming up.

Why be concerned, Doolan is ready to start if Taylor isn't.

I'd love to be able to present my complimentary slip on Tuesday. Can't make it though, and will have to settle for YouTube highlights of our maiden home win of the season; and a jolly well convincing win at that.

That said, I'll settle for the scrappiest, shitiest single goal, undeserved, controversial victory imaginable.

Mon Thistle, get right intae this mob.

Just to add that, as was the case with fat hunbo on Saturday, if we keep May quiet we should go on and do them.

if we keep May quiet we should go on and do them.

Agreed though Hasselbank is a bit of a handful as well. May has never done anything against us so lets hope this continues tomorrow. Watched the 4/5 minutes highlights of their game v Jambo's and if we think the we are hard done by, regarding referee's , you really should watch this one. Hearts had two ridiculous penalties awarded against them and St Johnstone had Anderson sent off for what was a booking only. Interesting to hear Wright saying they are gonna appeal his sending off....does this mean he can play tomorrow?

Hopelessly optomistic about tomorrow nights game. I think if Archibald can get it right, with the Saints missing some vital players, we can go on and get our first win at home.

As said before, May and Nigel Hasselbaink can be a real handful for any defence, however we handled them well in Perth during our first encounter, so hopefully we can do the same tomorrow night. I fully expect a few changes in the team, just to keep things fresh, and obviously as a result of the suspensions and injuries. A real chance for the likes of McMillan to stake a claim.

Interesting selection problems for both sides.

If we start like we did at the weekend, and keep it up....I think we can win this. Hopefully the boys are more angry than disappointed.

Any chance Welsh might be fit enough for an hour or so? I admire the job Muirhead has been doing, but I think he sinks back too much and takes the mobility out of the midfield, which is our biggest asset at times.

Interesting selection problems for both sides.

If we start like we did at the weekend, and keep it up....I think we can win this. Hopefully the boys are more angry than disappointed.

Any chance Welsh might be fit enough for an hour or so? I admire the job Muirhead has been doing, but I think he sinks back too much and takes the mobility out of the midfield, which is our biggest asset at times.

i don't think Welsh even starts back on full training for another week or so... he's nowhere near match fit.

We've got fully match fit players struggling to see out games, what chance would Welsh have to make it to half time?

Tempted to play Forbes but not sure he and Lawless together is a good option. Thought Craigen did not have his best game on Saturday. Taylor may be still recovering from Saturday’s game so Doolan I think will get his chance tomorrow.

We are looking short in midfield and we will Miss Bannigan who I thought was excellent on Saturday. If he can keep this form up then he needs to be left in one of the defensive midfield roles permanently. Fraser is a player with potential and I think he will play better tomorrow night than Saturday. Hopefully he can step up and give us what Bannigan did on sat.

Gallacher

SOD Mair Balatoni Macmillan

Muirhead Fraser

Lawless Erskine Higginbotham

Doolan

Great pleasure to edit my team!!!

Edited by Alan Murray

i don't think Welsh even starts back on full training for another week or so... he's nowhere near match fit.

We've got fully match fit players struggling to see out games, what chance would Welsh have to make it to half time?

Thought as much, but was being over optimistic. I just don't think Muirhead works in that position.

Davidson is out for the season for Saints.

Their injuries and suspensions will make their possible victory all the more satisfying.

I'm resigned to us finishing 11th. We had to get more than 5 points from 9 and we blew it is typical sickening style.

If we don't get 3 points tomorrow 11th is almost a certainty.

I've got no problem with Muirhead there, remember the last two games he has come off the bench, we were already on the back foot when he came on... away at Celtic he started the game there and it was lorded as a master stroke.

The management team will be well aware the demands of a centre half moving into midfield and the increase in pace in there. Lambie did it quite a few times with Shaggy to keep him sharp. looked as if he was getting to comfortable at the back... stick him in midfield to get him back on his toes.

i think tomorrow night has the makings of a real tactical battle, we are a great team and as i said should not fear anyone at Firhill, regardless of results. But we need to be cuter, we need to start doing the things that seasoned Premiership players do, taking a breather going down injured, breaking the game up. small things that we as Thistle fans get annoyed at opposition players for doing. Everyone gets away with it, small things, but they all matter.

I've got no problem with Muirhead there, remember the last two games he has come off the bench, we were already on the back foot when he came on... away at Celtic he started the game there and it was lorded as a master stroke.

The management team will be well aware the demands of a centre half moving into midfield and the increase in pace in there. Lambie did it quite a few times with Shaggy to keep him sharp. looked as if he was getting to comfortable at the back... stick him in midfield to get him back on his toes.

i think tomorrow night has the makings of a real tactical battle, we are a great team and as i said should not fear anyone at Firhill, regardless of results. But we need to be cuter, we need to start doing the things that seasoned Premiership players do, taking a breather going down injured, breaking the game up. small things that we as Thistle fans get annoyed at opposition players for doing. Everyone gets away with it, small things, but they all matter.

I hope you're right. Just want to see us keeping the ball a little better and not inviting the opposition into positions where they can launch the ball into the box. We always struggle to clear our lines effectively. A full game like the first half on Saturday would suit me just fine.

Agreed though Hasselbank is a bit of a handful as well. May has never done anything against us so lets hope this continues tomorrow. Watched the 4/5 minutes highlights of their game v Jambo's and if we think the we are hard done by, regarding referee's , you really should watch this one. Hearts had two ridiculous penalties awarded against them and St Johnstone had Anderson sent off for what was a booking only. Interesting to hear Wright saying they are gonna appeal his sending off....does this mean he can play tomorrow?

the highlights were a 4 minute example of refereeing incompetence. while we can't comment about the rest of the game, what was shown was one horrendous decision after another. even the hearts penalty looked like it was given because the ref realised he'd phucked up so many times he had to try redress the balance.

Hopelessly optomistic about tomorrow nights game. I think if Archibald can get it right, with the Saints missing some vital players, we can go on and get our first win at home.

even more so now, hmmmm?

:fan: :fan: :fan: :fan: