James Fecken Craigen

simoncordiner

he's capable of playing a sublime pass one minute and blasting over the bar from the 6 yard line the next. Ideally suited to playing for Partick Thistle.

Sounds like he might have missed a sitter today.

"Sublime pass"? You're having a laugh!

He missed a sitter and had a shot (unusual, I know) straight at the keeper. The usual performance of passes away from his own team and dithering in ineffective positions was also evident.

Yip, rubbish. Don't see what he offers the team apart from generally being quite fit and able to last 90 minutes. Goty skinned about 5 times today. Shat out of about 4 challenges. Passed the ball directly to opposition player when under no pressure and we were in a good attacking positions at least ten times. No goal threat. No creative spark. I just don't get it...

He's talented but has this ability to make utter shite passes to the opposition at an alarming rate. & his miss today was terrible.

I'm sorry, I don't even see what his talents are, other than giving "a shift". He's not good enough for the SPL. And Archie's insistence on playing him when not giving other guys a run in the team long enough to establish themselves (e.g. Fraser) is inexplicable. Craigen is not the guy we need when we're battling for survival.

So who replaces him then?

Fraser, who was atrocious on Tuesday? Lawless who was even worse today? Elliot????

I thought Fraser played well second half on Tuesday. Everyone was crap for the first 35 mins. And Lawless was not worse that Craigen today. Fraser deserves a run to see what he can do, because one thing he definitely has in his locker is that he can pass.

Archie has said that he is trying to bring in a central defender. Probably a defensive one who will break up play. We don't have that just now. If he is successful then I can see Craigen dropping out. But we wait and see.

ETA I should have said midfielder.

Edited by Garscube Road End

Archie has said that he is trying to bring in a central defender. Probably a defensive one who will break up play. We don't have that just now. If he is successful then I can see Craigen dropping out. But we wait and see.

ETA I should have said midfielder.

Ryan Stevenson suggested by the BBC!

I thought Fraser played well second half on Tuesday. Everyone was crap for the first 35 mins. And Lawless was not worse that Craigen today. Fraser deserves a run to see what he can do, because one thing he definitely has in his locker is that he can pass.

What game were you watching on Tuesday? He might be able to spread the odd pass but he's a headless chicken.

Lawless was terrible today. If he hadn't been a sub he would've been off. Powderpuff.

Yip, rubbish. Don't see what he offers the team apart from generally being quite fit and able to last 90 minutes. Goty skinned about 5 times today. Shat out of about 4 challenges. Passed the ball directly to opposition player when under no pressure and we were in a good attacking positions at least ten times. No goal threat. No creative spark. I just don't get it...

I wonder if you are the guy who was sitting along from me who moaned incessantly about Craigen even when it was Erskine or Aero who had committed the error. I suppose if you attribute him with everyone else's mistakes you could get to those numbers but not for Craigen himself.

He was no great shakes today, but no worse than many others. His miss up the other end looked gash and I remember him gifting the ball once late on as we were moving up the park.

He's had some good assists this season and has played pretty well to my mind though recently he has looked tired. I think he could do with a rest to be honest, but the slaughtering he gets on here from some people is totally unwarranted.

• Like 1

So Craigen is 'tired'. I wonder if Mark Kerr was afforded similar sympathy for, say, 'lack of match practice' after his dreadful cup outing against Aberdeen.

I kind of feel a bit sorry for Kerr in that he's not getting a game, but that's tough.

I saw Kerr in the pre-season games and thought he looked OK, no better. I saw his cup appearances early season and he looked less good than that. I personally think he's too negative, but whatever, Archie clearly thinks he's not up to playing in the games we have to play. He sees him during the week, we don't. They are old team-mates, there is no hint of a schism as far as I know. The suggestion that there is some love-in between Archie and some players that certain people on here are desperate to see dropped is pathetic.

• Like 1

I kind of feel a bit sorry for Kerr in that he's not getting a game, but that's tough.

I saw Kerr in the pre-season games and thought he looked OK, no better. I saw his cup appearances early season and he looked less good than that. I personally think he's too negative, but whatever, Archie clearly thinks he's not up to playing in the games we have to play. He sees him during the week, we don't. They are old team-mates, there is no hint of a schism as far as I know. The suggestion that there is some love-in between Archie and some players that certain people on here are desperate to see dropped is pathetic.

Kerr is an awful player. But if what we want in the middle of the park is a passing philosophy of 'kick the ball and hope it finds a teammate', then we're as well starting Kerr as much as we have been Craigen, as the two of them are pretty much identical in this respect.

Looks like we've found another scapegoat for our team,if anybody had been at Parkhead on New Year's Day and watch Bannigan and Craigan absolutely dominate the Celtic midfield with their possession football that would totally dispel the lack of ability thread that is going on. Granted his form has shaded and maybe he should be left out for a couple of games, it's a learning curve for lots of these players ( he was playing university football less than two years ago), and if people are comparing him to Darren Brady probably one of the worst players I've seen in a Thistle jersey then they are seriously misinformed

• Like 3