Archie's Signings Vs Inheritance

allyo

Archie's now virtually signed a player in every position, excluding left back. We'll give him Christie since he wasn't getting a look in under greeting faced rat weasel. So, what's the better team?

Fox

SOD Balatoni Muirhead Sinclair

Welsh Bannigan

Lawless Craigen Erskine

Doolan

Or

Gallagher

McMillan Picollo Mair Taylor-Sinclair

Moncur Fraser

Elliott Bauaben Higginbotham

Taylor

I reckon it's a tough call. A bit more experience among the signings, which was probably necessary,probably a bit more flair in the inheritance. Either way, good to see that we now have virtually two teams available.

Bannigan has stood in as left-back, and even kept Sinclair (i.e. Mark 1 version) out of the starting eleven.

Not so sure Stuart's tackling is up to this level to play left back. To back that up it's when he has a ball winner in tandem in midfield he's at his best and when expected to do the ball winning himself he's least effective. I'm sure Stuart could play the odd game at left back well enough but I'd worry over a sustained period. Think he'd pick up too many cards.

Not so sure Stuart's tackling is up to this level to play left back. To back that up it's when he has a ball winner in tandem in midfield he's at his best and when expected to do the ball winning himself he's least effective. I'm sure Stuart could play the odd game at left back well enough but I'd worry over a sustained period. Think he'd pick up too many cards.

I don't think we're the same team without Stuart Bannigan in midfileld, pulling strings from the back. That would be my biggest concern in dropping him to left-back.

I left Ozzy out on purpose, as he won't be available again unless we sign him again.

Archie's now virtually signed a player in every position, excluding left back. We'll give him Christie since he wasn't getting a look in under greeting faced rat weasel. So, what's the better team?

Fox

SOD Balatoni Muirhead Sinclair

Welsh Bannigan

Lawless Craigen Erskine

Doolan

Or

Gallagher

McMillan Picollo Mair Taylor-Sinclair

Moncur Fraser

Elliott Bauaben Higginbotham

Taylor

I reckon it's a tough call. A bit more experience among the signings, which was probably necessary,probably a bit more flair in the inheritance. Either way, good to see that we now have virtually two teams available.

You are being a bit generous to put Elliot and ATS in that second side. Another consideration is that Archie gave a new deal to Forbes as well as Elliot.

As better reflection could be

Gallagher

Osbourne Piccolo Mair McMillan

Buaben Kerr Fraser

Baird Taylor Higginbotham

Edited by kni

Completely ignored what exactly? Read again and you will see I stated goals scored THIS season.

You're right there, but one thing I would be interested to know is the goals per minute played between each team. Archie started the season sticking mainly with players who were involved last year, the second team includes a few who have only recently signed or not had as much game time.

One important thing when it comes to comparing Archie's signings with McNamara's is the attraction of top flight football and relative budget. You would hope the majority of signings should improve what was (admittedly a very good) a first division team he inherited.

Its always difficult to compate teams, particularly in recent years when vitually entire sides disappear at regular intervals. In addition its also difficult to compare teams playing in different leagues. That said, you'd have to judge each team by its final position and if we avoid the play-off you'd have to say that the current side is the best.

Of course not (it is a forum discussion after all) but there was no criticism intended.

No, I understand. Sorry. What I mean is that, based on many of the comments on other threads, not everyone would agree that I'm being generous to Archie by giving him Christie. Personally I think I am.

Anyway, I suppose the main point of original post was to highlight that we now have decent options in just about every position, and for a bit of fun, match up Archie's signings against what we already had. I don't think there's a lot in it myself. I probably prefer last season's side but that's principaly because we had a lot of success last season and it was a lot of fun. This one was alweays going to be tougher, and I think the new signings had to bring something different (experience, solidity) so it's not really a fair like-for-like comparison anyway.

Archie's doing fine anyway.

Gallagher

SOD Muirhead Mair ATS

Lawless Welsh Buaben Erskine

Doolin Talyor

subs: Fraser Balatoni Higginbotham McMillan Fox Moncur

This team would put the Jags into Europe nevermind just keep us in the league

Elliott & Craigan are conspicuous by their absence. that's because they should be punted

Gallagher

SOD Muirhead Mair ATS

Doolin Talyor

Elliott & Craigan are conspicuous by their absence. that's because they should be punted

When was the last time you saw George Moncur play?

Gallagher

SOD Muirhead Mair ATS

Doolin Talyor

Bannigan also conspicuous by his absence which is why you should be punted.