Mark Kerr

cyprusjag

no. hasnt got a clue. cant tinker

So back the players to the hilt, support the club to the hilt, but the manager, who helped get us up last year with an incredible run of games without defeat, can feck off even though we are still well in the mix to stay up this season.

Ok!!!

So back the players to the hilt, support the club to the hilt, but the manager, who helped get us up last year with an incredible run of games without defeat, can feck off even though we are still well in the mix to stay up this season.

Ok!!!

are we in the mix but? players have jobs. they get told what to do. managers can mould them to their will. archie cant. he cant seem to find a system effective in the league. he doesnt even appear to try to bend. he just wants to play in the league wae his system, not want to adapt to what will be efficient and productive in the league. its not workin

We have a squad that is good enough to stay in this league, but it is the managers responsibility to install confidence and stability into our team. Since January we have dropped doolan for Taylor, dropped SOD for McMillan, dropped lawless for Elliot. We also have not had a settled team for months. In my eyes he tinkers with the team far too much and has to take the blame for our dismal run of results.

When Dools got dropped he was and still is our top scorer, yes he may have needed a rest, but not totally out the starting team. Since Taylor has come in, we have started the long ball punt up the park pish. Seemingly doing this in training as well.

McMillan has been terrible the last 3-4 games and only the gaffer doesn't see this.

Lawless was playing really well over the Xmas and new year period and even got man of the match and only played 60 min. He is our 2nd top scorer, but still canny get a place ahead of a headless chicken.

Elliot and Craigen would struggle to get into a top championship side, but they still get game time for us.

So YES it is Alan Archiebalds responsibility to motivate, encourage confidence and stability, but he has failed in this roll miserably.

If he sticks to the team selections of lately then he will be sacked or in the championship with his decisions.

We have a squad that is good enough to stay in this league, but it is the managers responsibility to install confidence and stability into our team. Since January we have dropped doolan for Taylor, dropped SOD for McMillan, dropped lawless for Elliot. We also have not had a settled team for months. In my eyes he tinkers with the team far too much and has to take the blame for our dismal run of results.

When Dools got dropped he was and still is our top scorer, yes he may have needed a rest, but not totally out the starting team. Since Taylor has come in, we have started the long ball punt up the park pish. Seemingly doing this in training as well.

McMillan has been terrible the last 3-4 games and only the gaffer doesn't see this.

Lawless was playing really well over the Xmas and new year period and even got man of the match and only played 60 min. He is our 2nd top scorer, but still canny get a place ahead of a headless chicken.

Elliot and Craigen would struggle to get into a top championship side, but they still get game time for us.

So YES it is Alan Archiebalds responsibility to motivate, encourage confidence and stability, but he has failed in this roll miserably.

If he sticks to the team selections of lately then he will be sacked or in the championship with his decisions.

pretty much amen sod should be in the team

• Members

JaggyMad, how do you know what's being done in training? The teamneeded to be tinkered with after some dreadful results, suspensions and then with the new January signings. I do think this will settle soon enough. The only thing likely to cause a change in the team is if Welsh gets fit.

JaggyMad, how do you know what's being done in training? The teamneeded to be tinkered with after some dreadful results, suspensions and then with the new January signings. I do think this will settle soon enough. The only thing likely to cause a change in the team is if Welsh gets fit.

So, expect no change then.

Not that is any of ur business, but everyday in training there are over 30 players training every day, this includes some under 20's. Well all they players have friends and actually some of those friends are thistle fans. We all communicate with each other when we go to games and talk about things like this. The long ball has been introduced since Taylor came into the squad. This is not Taylor's fault, but it doesn't work.

Also do you honestly believe that the players have just decided to do this off their own backs. They are being coached to do this.

Edited by JaggyMad

Not that is any of ur business, but everyday in training there are over 30 players training every day, this includes some under 20's. Well all they players have friends and actually some of those friends are thistle fans. We all communicate with each other when we go to games and talk about things like this. The long ball has been introduced since Taylor came into the squad. This is not Taylor's fault, but it doesn't work.

Also do you honestly believe that the players have just decided to do this off their own backs. They are being coached to do this.

anyone got a cunniepad? Edited by The Mighty Quinn

Which game? He only played like 4 times.

Your avatar is an utter disgrace.

How about some respect for a guy who gave us 2 promotions as a player and one as a manager.

To compare him to Campbell is nothing short of contempt for a jags legend.

You need to take a long hard look at yourself. We really don't need clowns like you when we're in a relegation battle.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 2

How about some respect for a guy who gave us 2 promotions as a player and one as a manager.

You need to take a long hard look at yourself. We really don't need clowns like you when we're in a relegation battle.

Never even noticed that until u highlighted....oh dear!! Words fail me on that comparison!!!!

Afraid respect doesn't come into it for these "must have instant success" closets. The guy has been in the job 13 months, gave us an unbelievable, undefeated end to the season last season along with the championship trophy. Probably the worst thing that happened was our reasonably good start to the season, where some of these half wits started spouting about top 6 finishes and unbelievably, European football. Archie has made mistakes but as far as I am concerned his job this season is to keep us in the league. I have no reason to believe that won't be the case come the end of the season even if its via the play offs and if we do go down, yes, his job has to be looked at seriously!

Edited by Lindau

Afraid respect doesn't come into it for these "must have instant success" closets. The guy has been in the job 13 months, gave us an unbelievable, undefeated end to the season last season along with the championship trophy. Probably the worst thing that happened was our reasonably good start to the season, where some of these half wits started spouting about top 6 finishes and unbelievably, European football. Archie has made mistakes but as far as I am concerned his job this season is to keep us in the league. I have no reason to believe that won't be the case come the end of the season even if its via the play offs and if we do go down, yes, his job has to be looked at seriously!

Defo don't want to have a go Lindau just your comments made me think. You say if we go down Archie's job has to be looked at. What are your thoughts on the point that it would be too little too late to review his position after the horse as bolted so to speak.

Many have made the point that going down this year really would be a death wish, not in terms of the long term future of the club but with regards to any aspirations we have of becoming and established top flight club.

I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.

His record is similar to Campbell. The picture is valid.

Defo don't want to have a go Lindau just your comments made me think. You say if we go down Archie's job has to be looked at. What are your thoughts on the point that it would be too little too late to review his position after the horse as bolted so to speak.

Many have made the point that going down this year really would be a death wish, not in terms of the long term future of the club but with regards to any aspirations we have of becoming and established top flight club.

I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.

It's all about opinions PJ. Mines is the guy deserves to the end of the season at least, what he achieved with the team last season, merits that in my opinion. This season is a whole new ball game in that it doesn't matter if we are isolated by say 10 points in 11th place after 38 games, as we have a great chance to rectify the situation via the play offs final, which in my opinion is loaded towards the team finishing 11th in our league. As I have said from day 1, if we survive, even via the play offs, it's been a successful season. If we go down, yeah, Archie's position needs to be looked at. People calling for his head before the end of 2013 is just ludicrous. At the moment we are within 4 points of three other clubs, yet certain people think we are doomed and the manager must be canned. Gross over-reaction in my opinion. Fair play to you to come on with a sensible, balanced question, unlike some I could mention.

His record is similar to Campbell. The picture is valid.

Campbell had us playing the worst football I have ever seen, and that includes the DJ and Benny Rooney days

Archie is getting us playing football

Campbell assembled a team with no re-sale value and next to no skill

Archie has a young team who could make the club some money and try to play a bit

Campbell won promotion to the 1st by coming 4th and having a shot deflected in to keep us in for penalties

Archie won promotion to the Premier by going undefeated for possibly one of the longest periods in the clubs history

There is no comparison between the two managers (and I use that term loosely for the miners son)

• Like 6