Mark Kerr

cyprusjag

His record is similar to Campbell. The picture is valid.

Dick Campbell who got us relegated from the first divison - Yes Archie has got us relegated from the first divison

Dick Campbell who had one of the top budgets in the second divison after Gretna and Morton but we still finished below part time Peterhead - Yes again must be similar Archie has about the third highest budget in the SPL

Dick Campbell who didnt believe in youth or interested in bringing in youth teams - yeah Archie clearly does not believe in youth players or teams, Scott McKenzie is only their because he threatens to assassinate Archie every day if he doesnt get in

Dick Campbell who at the end of matches liked to publicly name players he felt had contributed to the defeat - yes Archie publicly names and shames in rantings that are Hitlerite in ferocity

Dick Campbell one of the greatest ever players in red and yellow - Archibald who did he play for

Yes your right The Cup - they seem like identical twins <_<

• Like 1

In my opinion Mark Kerr wasn't good enough for the top division in Scotland.

He brought him in as they had played together previously so he thought he knew what he was getting. a tough sitting centre mid who would just mop up and move the ball on. Basically a fresher version of Shug... what he got was a worse version of Shug.

He spotted it early and decided there would be no benefit to playing someone who's legs and reading of the game had gone.

Ozzy came in and up until his injury was one of stand outs. Kerr had to raise his game in training and be an absolute stand out in reserve games, basically doing that well that to not play him when Ozzy got injured, there would have been uproar. That didn't happen. He moves on with my best wishes but the fact remains he wasn't good enough.

Shafted? i think not, Archie freed him at the first opportunity. If Kerr is a better player than his first team and reserve game appearances suggest, then i'd say it was him who was shafting Archie, the club and the fans.

In my opinion Mark Kerr wasn't good enough for the top division in Scotland.

He brought him in as they had played together previously so he thought he knew what he was getting. a tough sitting centre mid who would just mop up and move the ball on. Basically a fresher version of Shug... what he got was a worse version of Shug.

He spotted it early and decided there would be no benefit to playing someone who's legs and reading of the game had gone.

Ozzy came in and up until his injury was one of stand outs. Kerr had to raise his game in training and be an absolute stand out in reserve games, basically doing that well that to not play him when Ozzy got injured, there would have been uproar. That didn't happen. He moves on with my best wishes but the fact remains he wasn't good enough.

Shafted? i think not, Archie freed him at the first opportunity. If Kerr is a better player than his first team and reserve game appearances suggest, then i'd say it was him who was shafting Archie, the club and the fans.

Your opinion is shite... played more top flight football than anyone at the club whilst he was still there

Your opinion is shite... played more top flight football than anyone at the club whilst he was still there

you know what? your method of madness is right. lets start from the back. alan rough, he has played more top flight football than anyone at the club, possibly the best keeper thistle ever have had, lets get him back.

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, probably because of how eloquently you use our written English.

But are you saying that my opinion is wrong... Because he had played more top flight games than anyone else?

Theres not really much I can say to that. Other than ask how many top flight games Kerr has made in his career?

Ok is this made up of top flight league games alone? Or have you included cup games whilst playing for a top flight team?

And you are sure that this total, made him the most experienced player on the books whilst at the club?

are you saying that my opinion is wrong... Because he had played more top flight games than anyone else?

Incidentally, can you add up for me, how many top flight games Hugh Murray has played.

I'd hate to think that you called it wrong and Shuggie has played more top flight games than Kerr.

And Gallacher, i take it since he signed, you've been calling on him to start ahead of Fox?

Edited by potty trained

Can't remember which U20 game Kerr played in but it was certainly played well into the season. Experience or not Kerr was the poorest midfielder on show that night. There was no way he was ready for a sustained run in the first team then. So apart from being totally unfair on a lad like Wilson it looked unlikely that any manager would've Kerr any higher in the midfield pecking order.

I suspect back in the summer Archie may have thought Kerr, with his experience, would be useful to bring on to help close a game down. From the times I saw Kerr play that idea was out the window as he struggled both to keep hold of the ball or to distribute it safely. On the other hand and in fairness having someone like Kerr on the training field passing on his experience could well have helped in our squad development. I wouldn't then go as far as to say he was a waste of space.

Maybe thistlenowthistleforever saw other qualities in Mark Kerr everybody else appears to have missed?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Think you'll find he has had more top flight expierence than any other midfielder

Thanks for trying

edited to add to say Fox has been pish

Are you a friend or relative's of Mark's. If so, I can understand your desire to defend him. As you say, he does have plenty of top flight experience but Archie preferred to play other midfielders in his squad.

Mark made only four appearances before Archie released him in January. It is natural that he is disappointed to have left after only a few games. However, he must have been happy with the terms of his release.

We should wish Mark all the best at the Doonhamers. Similarly, we should have be pleased that John Baird and Ross Kerr have also found new clubs. Slagging them, and Fox, off benefits no one.

Edited by kni

No friend of Mark's just pointing out actual facts

and the facts don't lie Alan Archiebald is a shite manager

I am very sceptical as Alan's surname is Archibald with no "e". He has given us around 14 years excellent service as a player (over 430 appearances) and manager. A real Jags supporter would know how to spell his name.

• Like 1