Summer Holidays - Where Are You Going Or Planning To Go?

kni

After the incessant rain, it nice to look forward to (hopefully) sunny and warmer days and light evenings.

My wife and I usually go to Spain, Majorca or the Canaries but fancy a change this year, possibly Turkey or Greece. In addition, we are also thinking of booking a week's tour of Italy.

I was wondering where my fellow Jags are going as you could give me some more ideas.

Saltcoats. :partyhat:

Remember to get your photo taken outside 32 Sydney Street, the home of John Blair, the scorer of our goal in the 1921 Scottish Cup triumph. In fact maybe that should be contest for the summer, instead of singing Maryhill is Wonderful in different locations, it should be photos outside John's house in a Jags strip!

Off to Arran - long beach walks at Blacwaterfoot and up through Shiskine to the kings caves with the dug, a wee walk up Goat Fell, some good cycles with hardly any bams with dodgy volvo's on 4 wheels to be seen (and no red lights to run through :happy2: ), a bit of twilight golf with the hordes of midges on the wee Corrie and Machrie 9 holers and the Shiskine 12 holer, some Arran Blonde and some whiskey from the Lochranza distillery - no doubt it will pish doon with rain but to me it's perfect!

e23f19b8-4dc7-11e1-b768-bc305bd9eec9.jpg

^ Not planning to play at Lamlash?

not on the holiday boss as only play a half round or so at dinner time when the courses are empty - have been down with the troops for a weekend outing a couple of times - teaming up Brodick, Shiskine and Lamlash ... although my inability to hit the ball straight made me lose a half dozen baws last time I played Lamlash with that pain in the a*se knee high gorse just about everywhere I hit the ball!

Going to Sharm El Shiek first two weeks in June cant wait..... fourth time going in the last 5 years love it hot sun and well looked after

Sharm El Sheik is on my list for the autumn but the info in the brochures and on websites is poor. What's the nightlife like? Are there any good restaurants and bars in the local town?

My wife's fear is that Sharm El Sheik is like Lara Beach in Turkey, i.e. lots of huge hotels with private beaches but not much else - Butlitz with great weather. I would greatly appreciate some for more information as you clearly love the place.

Can't wait for the summer months, especially if the team send us all off on our travels with a

with a big smile on our faces after staying up.

Only downside is I'm going to miss the last game of the season, and the play offs for sure, so

here's hoping we're not involved in them and we have a nice points cushion going into the last game.

Anyway, I'm off motorcycling the Pacific HIghway in May up to Seattle and back and in June heading

down to Sandsend, near Whitby in N Yorkshire.

Autumn holiday isn't booked yet but expect we'll be canal boating down south again.

Must remember to find how I can vote in the referendum when I'm away on holiday.

Postal vote I guess.