Sean Welsh

Lindau

Yeah. I'm aware he does have underlying health problems that cause his injuries to be more severe, however, a club of our size and financial stature can't really justify keeping someone on the books who only plays a handful of games. We seem pretty covered for the moment at CM, and perhaps we can do some kind of deal with Ozzy.

I'd keep Welsh over Osbourne. They are both as prone as each other to injury but I think Welsh fits our play better and the team in general didn't play that well with Osbourne in it. Which is funny as each time I saw him I thought he was probably our best player. But I'm a big fan of Welsh and with Bannigan/Fraser I think Welsh is the better fit.

Injuries aside, would a fit welsh now be a first team regular? The only way I could see him finding a place in the team would be to push banzo higher up, into the fresh princes position, and play welsh with Fraser. I think we've got better options than bannigan in that position now though, and probably wouldn't want to drop Fraser or bannigan as a straight swap for welsh so I'm not sure how else he could fit in. And with they 2 signed up for at least another season, keeping welsh probably wouldn't be a top priority. I'd be inclined to let him go and use his wage elsewhere.

Think its wrong to look to remove a player when he is injured, when he recovers then it should be assessed.

He was fine last year, he could be next year and he offers us something in midfield, we missed him when he got injured, freeing up his wage would not pay for Prince, Erskine or Taylor.

Remember Prince is likely to be gone at the end of the year and no gaurantee that Ozzy will stay either with his family down south

• Like 1

Think its wrong to look to remove a player when he is injured, when he recovers then it should be assessed.

He was fine last year, he could be next year and he offers us something in midfield, we missed him when he got injured, freeing up his wage would not pay for Prince, Erskine or Taylor.

Remember Prince is likely to be gone at the end of the year and no gaurantee that Ozzy will stay either with his family down south

I don't think it's a case of "removing him when he's injured" it's more that his contract is up at the end of the season, and like most players who are out of contract there's going to be a discussion about wether they will be offered a new one, or wether they're worth offering a new one. I think we all agree that a healthy and fit Sean welsh is a great asset to have to the team but if we have now got better players in his position and the likes of craigen (I know he has his critics) will be another year older, more experienced and hopefully more equipped for top flight football (which is where we will be). Also the youngster Wilson who by all accounts looks a good prospect. I just don't feel that offering him a new contract, when he will probably be on a decent wage, is going to be high on Archie's wishlist.

I thought that, but was thrown by what it said on his profile. All the same if his injury woes continue I wonder if the club will come to a compromise in the summer. I would love to see a fully fit Sean Welsh in the team but sadly I just can't see that happening anytime soon. Hope I am wrong!

Edited by Lindau

I thought he had signed a 2 year deal as well but OS says different

http://ptfc.co.uk/te...yers/sean_welsh

The official site's players' section is badly out-of-date yet again. It still has profiles of players who have left the club over the last few weeks - John Baird, Ross Forbes, Mark Kerr, Mark McGuigan, Henoc Mukendi, Hugh Murray and Gerry O'Donnell. There are no profile pages for Prince Buaben, Chris Erskine, Lee Mair or George Moncur. There, however, is a profile for Lyle Taylor and Gary Fraser's page has been updated with his new contract.

Edited by kni

Yeah. I'm aware he does have underlying health problems that cause his injuries to be more severe, however, a club of our size and financial stature can't really justify keeping someone on the books who only plays a handful of games. We seem pretty covered for the moment at CM, and perhaps we can do some kind of deal with Ozzy.

Not sure that signing one injury prone player for another is a good move,though ? Maybe, sign them both on 50% of their current deals ?

Injuries aside, would a fit welsh now be a first team regular? The only way I could see him finding a place in the team would be to push banzo higher up, into the fresh princes position, and play welsh with Fraser. I think we've got better options than bannigan in that position now though, and probably wouldn't want to drop Fraser or bannigan as a straight swap for welsh so I'm not sure how else he could fit in. And with they 2 signed up for at least another season, keeping welsh probably wouldn't be a top priority. I'd be inclined to let him go and use his wage elsewhere.

If Welsh kept fit, we probably wouldn't have signed Osbourne and am pretty sure we wouldn't have signed Buaben.

Not sure that signing one injury prone player for another is a good move,though ? Maybe, sign them both on 50% of their current deals ?

Are you kidding or do you honestly think that they would accept a 50% wage cut? Would you accept such a deal in your job?

Obviously the loan players, Prince, Erskine, Moncur and Taylor are up at end of this season. Also Osbourne, Lawless, ATS and Mair. Most are signed til end of next season. Fraser for one extra year. Elliott and Craigen both on five year deals.

Edited by allyo