Just On...

clarencegarter

What an embarrasement! Deserved all we got a bunch of junior players trying to play above their means! Not one of the team showed up 2 play today n if not 1 deserved to play in the thistle jersey. For Paton at the end to signal what he did to the fans is an f*ckin joke. Erskine has been found out like I have always said no pace and and hyped up to do nothing. Well done mccall now gtf!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an embarrasement! Deserved all we got a bunch of junior players trying to play above their means! Not one of the team showed up 2 play today n if not 1 deserved to play in the thistle jersey. For Paton at the end to signal what he did to the fans is an f*ckin joke. Erskine has been found out like I have always said no pace and and hyped up to do nothing. Well done mccall now gtf!!!

You have my sympathy and respect Clarence for going through and watching 90 minutes of that rubbish

I thought Paton was clapping the crowd and got a bit of unjust abuse in return. Maybe not though.

That was a disgrace today. Raith took their chances, we didn't. Raith could defend, we couldn't. Halliwell was at fault for the first two. Kinniburgh was unlucky, he had to make the challenge but was just too slow - red card was harsh. Missed the fourth goal because I was looking elsewhere.

Players:

Halliwell - too slow getting down to the ground for the first, poor throw for the second. Overall, pretty poor.

Paton - shitebag.

Boyle - played pretty well.

Robertson - usual self.

Kinnigurgh - kept using his arms. Poor.

Rowson - was alright. Shat it when through on goal.

Hodge - absolute ******* gash.

Cairney - didn't do much, was subbed at HT.

Flannigan - didn't do much.

Buchanan - never stopped running. Was very good I think.

Donnelly - was he playing?

Erskine - lazy, missed a sitter. Bollocks.

Grehan - never got the ball.

Balotoni - hit the post with a free header. Bit of pace about him. Was okay.

sorry that is wrong IMHO first half wasnt that great with two individual mistakes and willie going in, second half was much better on the whole but then caught on the break.

they made mistakes as well, we just couldnt make them count.

the team we have is what got so all this crap about sighning this player and that player is crap.

we have no money and that means we lose out to those that can give longer contracts and bigger wages.

i dont like it either but thats where we are :(

Totally shocked by today Halliwell at fault for 1st 2 goals took him ages to get down for what was hardly a rocket shot and for the 2nd he threw the ball to Boyle about 25 yards out from goal but wide and he had 2 men near him. Kinniburgh was all arms through the 1st half was told at least once by the ref to stop it then dives in stupidly in the box to conceded a penalty. Raiths 3 first half goals all came from us attacking and then humping the ball over the top of our defence.

I was looking for us to try and pinch a goal in the 2nd half and to keep them out. We had 3 gilt edge chances and a few kinda half chances. Balatoni? had a free header about 5 or 6 yards out but could only manage to hit the post when that seemed harder than scoring.

Rowson was right through 1 on 1 with the keeper all he had to do was side foot in with his left foot but no he tried to cut it back onto his right foot (easily one of the worst decisions i have ever seen any footballer make never mind a professional one)

Erskine turning the defender inside out twice and softly toe poking the ball at the keeper when 3 team mates were waiting for an easy tap in. These 3 incidents angered me more than the faults for their goals.

Raith scored with their only on target effort of the 2nd half when the ball was chested over the line. If we continue to miss sitters like that and give away silly goals----seaside league here we come.

Halliwell- 2 atrocious mistakes----not good enough sonny

Paton - Thought he worked his socks off in 2nd half but if he did gesture to the crowd the way i was told he needs a boot up the backside

Boyle--i actually thought he had a decent game

Flannigan- tried hard looked ok at times

Robertson- Made a few mistakes but he was mostly solid

Kinniburgh-waste of a jersey always gonna use his arms and give away fouls

Rowson- i said it all above--but he did work hard

Hodge- sorry son you can leave anytime

Cairney- only played 1st half wasnt rubbish and wasnt great

Donnelly- as was said by another poster was he playing?

Buchanan-worked hard had a couple of half decent efforts at goal and a few he may have been better trying to lay off

Balatoni- how on earth did he miss that chance? looked ok apart from that though

Grehan- wasnt on long enough but did nothing to catch the eye

Erskine-played up front when Grehan came on had a poor effort at goal when passing could have been better

Good news: we had quite a few good chances, but failed to take them. Also, I prefer a rubbish start to a season that gets better, than the opposite.

Bad news: some of the mistakes being made were downright embarrassing. That's the sort of thing that will make us a laughing stock again.

I didn't really get the impression that people were slagging off Halliwell much, there was too much idiocy in the outfield. We'll get the measure of how McCall deals with this fiasco. This 'glum faces on the bus' isn't good enough, they should be getting strips torn off them.

Totally shocked by today Halliwell at fault for 1st 2 goals took him ages to get down for what was hardly a rocket shot and for the 2nd he threw the ball to Boyle about 25 yards out from goal but wide and he had 2 men near him. Kinniburgh was all arms through the 1st half was told at least once by the ref to stop it then dives in stupidly in the box to conceded a penalty. Raiths 3 first half goals all came from us attacking and then humping the ball over the top of our defence.

I was looking for us to try and pinch a goal in the 2nd half and to keep them out. We had 3 gilt edge chances and a few kinda half chances. Balatoni? had a free header about 5 or 6 yards out but could only manage to hit the post when that seemed harder than scoring.

Rowson was right through 1 on 1 with the keeper all he had to do was side foot in with his left foot but no he tried to cut it back onto his right foot (easily one of the worst decisions i have ever seen any footballer make never mind a professional one)

Erskine turning the defender inside out twice and softly toe poking the ball at the keeper when 3 team mates were waiting for an easy tap in. These 3 incidents angered me more than the faults for their goals.

Raith scored with their only on target effort of the 2nd half when the ball was chested over the line. If we continue to miss sitters like that and give away silly goals----seaside league here we come.

Halliwell- 2 atrocious mistakes----not good enough sonny

Paton - Thought he worked his socks off in 2nd half but if he did gesture to the crowd the way i was told he needs a boot up the backside

Boyle--i actually thought he had a decent game

Flannigan- tried hard looked ok at times

Robertson- Made a few mistakes but he was mostly solid

Kinniburgh-waste of a jersey always gonna use his arms and give away fouls

Rowson- i said it all above--but he did work hard

Hodge- sorry son you can leave anytime

Cairney- only played 1st half wasnt rubbish and wasnt great

Donnelly- as was said by another poster was he playing?

Buchanan-worked hard had a couple of half decent efforts at goal and a few he may have been better trying to lay off

Balatoni- how on earth did he miss that chance? looked ok apart from that though

Grehan- wasnt on long enough but did nothing to catch the eye

Erskine-played up front when Grehan came on had a poor effort at goal when passing could have been better

Agree with most of your comments ,didn`t think we played that badly.First two goals against the run of play down to errors,after the third and the sending off ,we were on a hiding to nothing though i would say we were still the better team in the second half.I think the score flatered them as they were nothing special.Buchanan needs to learn how to strike a ball properly,how many times over the years has he sclaffed the ball when through on goal.Rowson should be ashamed of himself for bottling his sitter and PATON has no excuse for what he did to the fans at the end and not for the first time i may add.

Agree with most of your comments ,didn`t think we played that badly.First two goals against the run of play down to errors,after the third and the sending off ,we were on a hiding to nothing though i would say we were still the better team in the second half.I think the score flatered them as they were nothing special.Buchanan needs to learn how to strike a ball properly,how many times over the years has he sclaffed the ball when through on goal.Rowson should be ashamed of himself for bottling his sitter and PATON has no excuse for what he did to the fans at the end and not for the first time i may add.

Rowson cannot score. In terms of attitude and effort the guy has been fantastic. But in terms of goals he is shocking, repeatedly nominated for player of the year for his effort but you know when he takes a shot its almost a case of why even bother David, sadly seems to be the exact case with Erskine now - the guy cannot score.

Balatoni's first game so I wouldnt be too critical of him - new to the team, young lad and stuff

First goal = Wllie K lost his man then when he finally got back into position he let the stricker stop look up and put a perfect ball into the box. The shot was a daisy cutter that should of been stopped by the GK.

Second Goal = GK again, no way boyle could be at fault.

Third Goal = Willie K is a disaster yet again, everyone could see the spot kick coming as soon as willie started running.

Four Goal = F**k knows blind rage distorted my vision

What did paton do???

Gave the fans the one arm under the other get it up you salute, wonder if he can only do that with one arm just like his football with one leg. :rolleyes: Some might say the fans shouldnt have had a go at him for acknowledging them others might say he was immature. To be honest it didnt really bother me. This is the level we are at.

A lot of very angry supporters leaving yesterday but to be honest we all know they are not good enough so maybe if we started at that level and expected not as much it might help. Liam had his usual powderpuff shots but did a lot of good running and played a good ball in for Rowsons non attempt at goal, how Rowser didnt shoot only he will know. Balatoni missed a sitter of a header from about 3 yards out as well.

We were the better team in the second half, think the main problem this season will be scoring goals more than anything. No need to panic at this stage, we wont go down but rather than lambast the players every week think we need to get behind them more. Like I say we arent good enough, doubt any of our squad will play at a higher level but a bit of support might help.

Gave the fans the one arm under the other get it up you salute, wonder if he can only do that with one arm just like his football with one leg. :rolleyes: Some might say the fans shouldnt have had a go at him for acknowledging them others might say he was immature. To be honest it didnt really bother me. This is the level we are at.

A lot of very angry supporters leaving yesterday but to be honest we all know they are not good enough so maybe if we started at that level and expected not as much it might help. Liam had his usual powderpuff shots but did a lot of good running and played a good ball in for Rowsons non attempt at goal, how Rowser didnt shoot only he will know. Balatoni missed a sitter of a header from about 3 yards out as well.

We were the better team in the second half, think the main problem this season will be scoring goals more than anything. No need to panic at this stage, we wont go down but rather than lambast the players every week think we need to get behind them more. Like I say we arent good enough, doubt any of our squad will play at a higher level but a bit of support might help.

Lots of them already have--maybe thats the problem.

Dont think they will get much support if they keep missing sitters and "saluting" the fans

I'd like to see some fight, passion and anger amongst them. Too often, we lose a goal, what happens? Heads go down, no one talks to one another, they just turn around and trudge back to the centre circle in silence.

Even when not losing a goal, and just some sloppy play or mistake, where is the player(s) geeing up one another, driving one another on with encouragement or even the odd lamblast?

Where is the player(s) dragging us up the park, in terms of vocally, showing their own pace and movement, as well as encouraging others to make runs and find space?

WHERE ARE OUR LEADERS ON THE PITCH?

Heck, we don't even have one off the pitch (McCall is shaping up to be anything but a leader, and as for Maxwell, don't make me laugh).

It's about time all of those wearing the red and yellow start showing they care about the club, and are proud to wear the jersey. Less of the tippy-tappy, less of the do-not-care attitude, and more verbals, fight and passion.

If they can't even do that as a footballer, they shouldn't be at Firhill.

(Edited for schpellink)

Edited by yoda-jag

• 3 weeks later...

For Paton at the end to signal what he did to the fans is an f*ckin joke.

Don't normally post on a Saturday night when emotions are running high, and I'm very angry myself right now, but I wonder if those that were upset over what was supposed to have happened in Kirkcaldy feel about an, unnamed, Thistle player being spat upon at the full-time whistle today and another Thistle employee being told "hope you suffer a stroke" are as equally upset about that.

Proud guys, just so very proud. :mad2:

Don't normally post on a Saturday night when emotions are running high, and I'm very angry myself right now, but I wonder if those that were upset over what was supposed to have happened in Kirkcaldy feel about an, unnamed, Thistle player being spat upon at the full-time whistle today and another Thistle employee being told "hope you suffer a stroke" are as equally upset about that.

Spat upon by a Jags fan? That's low.

The other comment is equally vile.

That is shocking Tom, even though emotions running high people should never stoop to that level. A time for calm heads but hopefully someone can rationalise where it is all going wrong and how to stop the rot.

John

Spat upon by a Jags fan? That's low.

The other comment is equally vile.

This club means the world to me and I like others cannot stand the situation we are currently in. To act like someone did as you say is totally outrageous and is without doubt without any form of defence. Did you recognise them ? :thumbdown:

This club means the world to me and I like others cannot stand the situation we are currently in. To act like someone did as you say is totally outrageous and is without doubt without any form of defence. Did you recognise them ? :thumbdown:

I wasn't at the game Jaggy. I was asking Tam if it was a Jags fan that did the spitting.

Yeah yeah always unnamed people, just like i heard from a bloke at the pub. Facts and witnesses please. As for spitting at a player thats uncalled for but did said player do anything to provoke this or was it just he was rubbish? If it was the latter then uncalled for but i think we need some more people who seen this happen to come forward as we all know tam is good at making up stories !

Yeah yeah always unnamed people, just like i heard from a bloke at the pub. Facts and witnesses please. As for spitting at a player thats uncalled for but did said player do anything to provoke this or was it just he was rubbish? If it was the latter then uncalled for but i think we need some more people who seen this happen to come forward as we all know tam is good at making up stories !

Is there ever a reason for a human being sinking to such a low level that is acceptable Big Man ? Not in my world !

Is there ever a reason for a human being sinking to such a low level that is acceptable Big Man ? Not in my world !

Spitting, punching, violence of any kind is wrong towards a football player for doing his job but if said football player was winding someone up then its only natural that there will be a form of retribution in some way ?