Just On...

clarencegarter

Yes a Thistle 'fan'. Spat at rather than upon to clarify.

Sad.

I freely admit to singing 'go home ya h u n' to Stevie Lennon at Cappielow but I would never ever do that. Whoever it was should take a long hard look at himself.

:blush:

Sorry m8 .. Non intentional mistake.. :blush:

Nae probs Jaggy :thumbsup2:

Edited by GrantB

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah always unnamed people, just like i heard from a bloke at the pub. Facts and witnesses please. As for spitting at a player thats uncalled for but did said player do anything to provoke this or was it just he was rubbish? If it was the latter then uncalled for but i think we need some more people who seen this happen to come forward as we all know tam is good at making up stories !

Very good indeed. Is this a court of law?

I've known Tom for a long time, through thick and thin, through fall-ins and fall-outs. It's usual for him to comment on anything like this on a fans' forum. Hearsay or not, I know who I believe. Good thing one of the club's more prominent volunteers decided to log in and make his feelings known - easy target for the wolves. <_<

Very good indeed. Is this a court of law?

I've known Tom for a long time, through thick and thin, through fall-ins and fall-outs. It's usual for him to comment on anything like this on a fans' forum. Hearsay or not, I know who I believe. Good thing one of the club's more prominent volunteers decided to log in and make his feelings known - easy target for the wolves. <_<

Its not a court of law but remember we aint allowed to make accusation or rumours these days and for a member of the clubs staff to come on and do such a thing with no proof other than his word of mouth then that to me does not stick. Infact its very sad that he feels he needs to drag away from how pish the club is to having a go at some (so far innocent/invisible fan). Hence why i am looking for more people to back this up - that is all.

Is tam a target for the wolves ? Sure their fans will be pleased about that one.

Its not a court of law but remember we aint allowed to make accusation or rumours these days and for a member of the clubs staff to come on and do such a thing with no proof other than his word of mouth then that to me does not stick. Infact its very sad that he feels he needs to drag away from how pish the club is to having a go at some (so far innocent/invisible fan). Hence why i am looking for more people to back this up - that is all.

Is tam a target for the wolves ? Sure their fans will be pleased about that one.

No Big Man, simply be careful with what's said, that's all. Would it make any difference if a fan sad what Tom has said, by the way? :thinking: I'm sure he's confident enough in his assertion anyway.

You think he's signed on here to cause a distraction? It's not working, is it? :lol:

No Big Man, simply be careful with what's said, that's all. Would it make any difference if a fan sad what Tom has said, by the way? :thinking: I'm sure he's confident enough in his assertion anyway.

You think he's signed on here to cause a distraction? It's not working, is it? :lol:

Well more than one person must have seen it, unless this man was wearing an invisibility cloak. Just looking for others to verify thats all.

Don't normally post on a Saturday night when emotions are running high, and I'm very angry myself right now, but I wonder if those that were upset over what was supposed to have happened in Kirkcaldy feel about an, unnamed, Thistle player being spat upon at the full-time whistle today and another Thistle employee being told "hope you suffer a stroke" are as equally upset about that.

Proud guys, just so very proud. :mad2:

As Angry as i am after that excuse of a performance again from those who played today as well as our so-called manager, i would never condone, let alone spit, or make such comments like the above to any of them.

Whoever did carry out these actions should be named and shamed.

After all, we can all see and name the utter embarrassments who were on the pitch and in the dugout and the suits in the boardroom who are a disgrace to this once great football club.

Edited by yoda-jag

As Angry as i am after that excuse of a performance again from those who played today as well as our so-called manager, i would never condone, let alone spit, or make such comments like the above to any of them.

Whoever did carry out these actions should be named and shamed.

After all, we can all see and name the utter embarrassments who were on the pitch and in the dugout and the suits in the boardroom who are a disgrace to this once great football club.

Not going to happen, does not need to happen anyway as Tam said its correct so we must all believe him - thats right boys eh ?

Yep once a sheep always a sheep - sad way to live but if that`s your choice then so be it !

I'm sure its got nothing to do with being a sheep. As much as I have diagreed with some of the outpourings from Jeehon's keyboard, I'm inclined to agree with him.

Tom does a job for US, as supporters of the club, on a voluntary basis, and he does this generally very well. Sure, there may be some typos, some news might not exactly be scoop material by the time it hits the official site and some might not like his writing style. Rest assured though...he hurts as much as the best of us when we get turned over.

Obviously, as programme editor part of that role is to put a positive spin on news from the club. What he felt compelled to post above was neither positive, nor news "from the club". This was a Thistle Fan commenting on the sort of behaviour we should never expect from Thistle fans. He is, in my humble opinion, a very honest and honourable person and would never come on here "on the windup", particularly in circumstances such as this, so I have no reason to doubt what he has posted.

If you need more evidence before you are convinced, fine. Keep the baiting and testing comments for elsewhere though.

edited to correct typo in critical position! :blush:

Edited by Jack Osbourne snr

I'm sure its got nothing to do with being a sheep. As much as I have diagreed with some of the outpourings from Jeehon's keyboard, I'm inclined to agree with him.

Tom does a job for US, as supporters of the club, on a voluntary basis, and he does this generally very well. Sure, there may be some typos, some news might not exactly be scoop material by the time it hits the official site and some might not like his writing style. Rest assured though...he hurts as much as the best of us when we get turned over.

Obviously, as programme editor part of that role is to put a positive spin on news from the club. What he felt compelled to post above was neither positive, nor news "from the club". This was a Thistle Fan commenting on the sort of behaviour we should never expect from Thistle fans. He is, in my humble opinion, a very honest and honourable person and would never come on here "on the windup", particularly in circumstances such as this, so I have no reason to doubt what he has posted.

If you need more evidence before you are convinced, fine. Keep the baiting and testing comments for elsewhere though.

Don't know where you got that one from, all i was trying to say is there are more sides to the story of one person. So i will await the barrage of abuse to the spitter from the rest of our fans that seen this happen.

Edited by The Big Man

Great post.

Didnt see or hear the alleged incident so cant comment. What i did see today were some VERY angry Jags fans so its very possible tensions were running high. I'm not condoning whats meant to have happened at the alleged incident but lots of things are said and done in the heat of the moment.

I don't know when this incident was supposed to have happened but I was one of the angry mob at the tunnel at full time and I certainly didn't see anyone spitting or hear the stroke comment. There were quite a few people asking Mr McCall to please leave the stadium, commenting on his weight and the marriage status of his parents when he was born. There were also comments towards the players, esp Kinniburgh.

Maybe it happened somewhere else at the ground or maybe it was even a Cowdenbeath fan who did it?

People always mention the abuse Lambie et al would receive walking up the tunnel at Firhill back in the days of the City End terracing at Firhill after an atrocious performance.

I never experienced that, but are these days even comparable?

I myself yelled out some 'Sucking Fhites' etc today (despite some snide moans from others about 'supporting the team' - I shouted encouragement and sang when warranted, but I pays my money and WILL express my opinions... sorry) but there were some VERY angry fans today.

It's back to the dark days of Dick 'Dick' Campbell in that sense.

• Administrators

We know Tam to be a decent honest guy and have no reason to disbelieve him. There is no need for your comments tonight and it won't be tollerated. Tam gives up his time to provide live updates, match previews, reports etc. for all of us and they are always high quality and very quickly available on the OS.

We understand that there is a lot of anger about the situation at the moment but that doesn't give anyone the right to take it out on staff who are just doing their job.

Any more of this nonsense and it will simply just be deleted.

Cheers