Up To 9Th...

Drew37

The matter of the Kilmarnock game is an interesting one. Given that St Johnstone's win makes it (virtually) impossible for us to get into the top 6 by the time 33 games are played out, the strongest guarantor against relegation is to have a team cast adrift in the play-off spot rather than to have 4 teams bunched-up. A St Mirren win at Kilmarnock would present the opportunity to move up to 8th, but it could also drag-up the baseline we need to avoid. It may in fact be more in our interests to battle out 9th and 10th with Ross County if it means pulling clear of St Mirren.

#metaleague

• Like 1

What do you contribute to this forum?

Well, I like to think I contribute wisdom, and light, and music ... and some laughter.

I don't know what you contribute because I keep you on ignore. But a quick scan of your posts seem to indicate you still revel in constant negativity, including the post I quoted.

Each to their own I suppose.

The matter of the Kilmarnock game is an interesting one. Given that St Johnstone's win makes it (virtually) impossible for us to get into the top 6 by the time 33 games are played out, the strongest guarantor against relegation is to have a team cast adrift in the play-off spot rather than to have 4 teams bunched-up. A St Mirren win at Kilmarnock would present the opportunity to move up to 8th, but it could also drag-up the baseline we need to avoid. It may in fact be more in our interests to battle out 9th and 10th with Ross County if it means pulling clear of St Mirren.

#metaleague

Was going to post something along these lines.

Ideally, we will still be in 9th on Saturday evening, level on points with Killie, and 4 ahead of St Mirren. Or maybe 1 behind Killie and 5 ahead of St Mirren. Either of these results will prompt a happy dance at full time.

Was going to post something along these lines.

Ideally, we will still be in 9th on Saturday evening, level on points with Killie, and 4 ahead of St Mirren. Or maybe 1 behind Killie and 5 ahead of St Mirren. Either of these results will prompt a happy dance at full time.

How can we be five points ahead of St Mirren on Saturday evening?

We are on 25 points and they are on 24 points. :P

Kille and St Mirren draw, we win - puts us level with Killie and three points ahead of St Mirren.

I agree that game being a draw would suit us best... and obviously us to win!

Edited by mhs