Our Team

Jagsman

I would love to say it but:

1.No - ATS will be away, dunno who else is out of contract but I'm sure we can replace them.would love to see Taylor,Buaben and Erskine stay with us.Higgy aswell, dunno if he's signed up next year.

2.No - Would like to think we'll be comfortable without being top 6, maybe like Hibs this year, sh1te, but less sh1te than the rest of the sh1te in the league.

3.No.Think we're getting a wee bit ahead of ourselves, this time last week we were 11th without a hope then after 1 win we're talking about a European spot!WTF!

• Like 2

I would love to say it but:

1.No - ATS will be away, dunno who else is out of contract but I'm sure we can replace them.would love to see Taylor,Buaben and Erskine stay with us.Higgy aswell, dunno if he's signed up next year.

2.No - Would like to think we'll be comfortable without being top 6, maybe like Hibs this year, sh1te, but less sh1te than the rest of the sh1te in the league.

3.No.Think we're getting a wee bit ahead of ourselves, this time last week we were 11th without a hope then after 1 win we're talking about a European spot!WTF!

Generally agree, but to like to think we'd be like Hibs? Nah.

Edited by allyo

Here's a team based on those who are under contract for next season

Fox

O'Donnell

McMillan

Muirhead

Balatoni

Welsh

Fraser

Bannigan

Craigen

Higginbotham

Doolan

Subs - Gallacher (option)/Waters, Piccolo, McDaid plus perhaps U20s

Everyone else is out contract or returns to their parent club in May.

Here's a team based on those who are under contract for next season

Fox

O'Donnell

McMillan

Muirhead

Balatoni

Welsh

Fraser

Bannigan

Craigen

Higginbotham

Doolan

Subs - Gallacher (option)/Waters, Piccolo, McDaid plus perhaps U20s

Everyone else is out contract or returns to their parent club in May.

That's a decent nucleus, but we'd need some added talent, of course.

Or alternatively what happened last time can happen again....

....key players allow their contracts to expire

....other clubs cherry pick our talents

....we have to rebuild

....we struggle

....we go down

SPFL stability and top 6 finishes would be great but in reality anything could happen in season 2 (just look at Ross Cty)

Is it just me, or do anyone else think that we now seem to have a decent starting eleven, but very few other players that you feel can come on and make a decent impact apart from Doolan?

I realise that Fox could come in for Gallacher and we have a bit of compeition at right back, but who else is really pushing hard for a position from the bench?

1. players got to stop listening to their agents just wanting them to move on so they can have their cut. look at the likes of Johnny tuffy career finished and Chris Erskine almost lost.

2 & 3. Reading some of the other comments you get the overall feeling of happy to be mediocre, there is a serious lack of genuine ambition. Ambition is the same as being at a gangbang, for me I want to be first all the time, it's quite alarming that others just want to be there or thereabouts. top six? what does that even mean, European champions, now yer talkin..........

1. players got to stop listening to their agents just wanting them to move on so they can have their cut. look at the likes of Johnny tuffy career finished and Chris Erskine almost lost.

2 & 3. Reading some of the other comments you get the overall feeling of happy to be mediocre, there is a serious lack of genuine ambition. Ambition is the same as being at a gangbang, for me I want to be first all the time, it's quite alarming that others just want to be there or thereabouts. top six? what does that even mean, European champions, now yer talkin..........

Fixed it for everybody!

Your first point is a total exaggeration.

Tuffey's career is not finished. It stalled at ICT and Saints but he is now at Linfield where he is first choice. There are worse places than Windsor Park to play your home games. Jonny is only 27 and has plenty of time to get back in the Northern Ireland squad which currently includes Falkirk's Michael McGovern.

Chris Erskine did not almost lose his career. His agent got him the security of a good three-year contract at Tannadice which is more than we offered him. At the very worst, Chris will spend more time on loan (hopefully at Firhill) or get a pay-off to join another club (e.g. us) permanently.

Is it just me, or do anyone else think that we now seem to have a decent starting eleven, but very few other players that you feel can come on and make a decent impact apart from Doolan?

I realise that Fox could come in for Gallacher and we have a bit of compeition at right back, but who else is really pushing hard for a position from the bench?

You have to consider that Muirhead, Osborne and Welsh are missing too. If they were available, there would be more competition. George Moncur is rated highly at West Ham but we have not seen much of him. I was hoping that Chris Duggan, prolific in the U20s, might get some time on the bench too.

Edited by kni

I don't know if it's just you, OW, but I for one certainly disagree. I feel we've depth to the squad. That's different from saying we've overall quality, tho' I think we're not far from it. I'm not too concerned with the odd injury or suspension as I think we've competent cover in most positions.The natural downside to that is we don't have players that can offer us something different and necessarily change a game. So if that's what you're meaning then I do agree.

As way of example Lawless could come on for Higgy or Erskine. Excellent cover in my opinion but Stevie wouldn't offer anything different. McMillan and SOD are pretty much interchangeable as would Muirhead or Gabriel be with Conrad. I'm only guessing here but once fit Moncur should challenge Fraser and I've certainly not seen anything from Bauben to suggest that he can keep Welsh out the side.