The Segregation Question

Willjag

68 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preferred segregation solution for crowds in excess of 7500?

• Thistle fans in the JHS and North Stand only. Away fans in the Main Stand
    • Thistle fans in part of the JHS and all the North Stand. Away fans in the Main Stand and part of the JHS.
    • Thistle fans in the Main Stand only. Away fans in the the rest of the ground.
    • Thistle fans in part of the JHS and all the Main Stand. Away fans the rest of the ground
    • Thistle fans in the North Stand only. Away fans in the the rest of the ground.
    • Thistle fans in the North Stand and Main Stand. Away fans in the JHS only.
    • Temporary Stand at the City end with home support at one end, away at the other and a 50/50 split of the JHS

• Members

Lots of problems again last night and i really hope the Club can come up with a decent solution that appeals to all Jags fans. I'm not really particularly interested in what away fans have to endure at Firhill to be perfectly honest!

No one seems to have mentioned the fact that Celtic scored 4 times last night shooting in towards their own fans and this is something I've always disliked about the North Stand. With this in mind, my own preference would be that away fans from ALL Premiership sides should be seated in the Main Stand (a bit of upgrading wouldn't go amiss). The home support to be shared between the North Stand and the JHS. On occasions like last night with vastly increased away support, in addition to the Main Stand, 2/3 of the JHS given over to the away support and the Thistle support keep the North Stand and the other 1/3 of the JHS.

I'm really against hosting the home Support in the Main Stand with it's restricted views and accessibility issues for the less mobile sections of our support.

The only reason this problem exists is that the Main Stand probably shouldn't have a safety certificate. We get away with it in any set of circumstances that don't involve the Old Firm, but it does cause more than a few grumbles among other away supports and understandably so as it is a total dive.

My understanding is that the police won't allow the Old Firm into the Main Stand because of their history of unruly behaviour and use of pyrotechnics posing an increased risk in that compact area. The obvious answer is "don't ******* let them in with pyrotechnics then" but would apparently be easier said than done.

All other things being equal, I think the general proposition should be to maintain the status quo for most games (i.e. Main Stand for Away Fans with an optional North of Jackie Husband Stand over-spill, while keeping the Shed and the rest of the Jackie Husband Stand as default Thistle territory.

For Old Firm games, unless the police will let us put them in the Main Stand, I suggest we play it a little bit by ear, but for normal games, give them something like half to two-thirds of the Jackie Husband Stand and for games where they are expected to take most of the crowd by a long stretch, give them the whole of the Jackie Husband Stand. Maybe do something with the season ticket to make clear the preferred seat applies to all games except Old Firm games and provide an option to have an "All but Old Firm Games" season ticket too.

• Members

I was getting bored thinking of alternatives PT! I'll add the option. And yes, move the fans within the JHS. It's been done before. So not as if it's new. Don't get your point about the flooring when we are already using the Main Stand?

I was getting bored thinking of alternatives PT! I'll add the option. And yes, move the fans within the JHS. It's been done before. so not as if it's new. Don't get your point about the flooring when we are already using the Main Stand at the moment.

Fairly sure the police objected specifically to the OF using it because of a spate of pyrotechnics incidents.

• Members

You missed out thistle fans in the main and north. From your voting list.

Thinking a bit more about this and in conjunction with LIB's post elsewhere offering reduced price if seated in the Main Stand for these occasions has merits. Administering it may be awkward though. Our Club can't do the simple things at the moment, so perhaps in the future this may be the best idea.

Don't get your point about the flooring when we are already using the Main Stand?

The safety certificate allows us to house any fan in the main stand. there is nothing in the safety certificate that states Celtic fans cannot be housed there.

The problem is the police will not allow it due to their publicised use of flares. the police don't want them using flares in a stand that has a wooden floor.

Therefore, the only way celtic fans will get in the main stand is if the floor is ripped up and replaced with a concrete floor.

Only issue is with games against the old firm. Things went okay against Morton with a much larger crowd than last night. 9000 compared to 7500.

Against Gang Green or Sallys Barmy Army I'd go with Excellent Main Stand and North Stand for Thistle fans and give the vermin the JHS for the time being until our home support justifies reviewing the allocation required.

The status quo will make me think twice about attending games against either shade of the arse cheek.

F.T.O.F.

• Like 3

Only issue is with games against the old firm. Things went okay against Morton with a much larger crowd than last night. 9000 compared to 7500.

Against Gang Green or Sallys Barmy Army I'd go with Excellent Main Stand and North Stand for Thistle fans and give the vermin the JHS for the time being until our home support justifies reviewing the allocation required.

The status quo will make me think twice about attending games against either shade of the arse cheek.

F.T.O.F.

Exactly. I honestly believe that giving them the whole JH would provide a safer environment for our own fans.

The additional benefit is that we could make more money as a result.

F.T.O.F.

Yep. This problem only arises against teams where the demand for away tickets vastly outnumber the home demand; and at the moment, that is only for Celtic games.

Say we are in a play off match this season with Dundee or Falkirk - the crowd could be over 8000 with the majority Thistle fans.

F.T.O.F.

Exactly. I honestly believe that giving them the whole JH would provide a safer environment for our own fans.

The additional benefit is that we could make more money as a result.

agreed, and said so weeks ago.

give them the entire jhs, and all jags supporters can.go in ns and main stand.

Solves any segregation problems, gives us enough seats for all jags who wish to attend game, and lets club get income @ £25 a head for over 6000 green bigots