Erskine On Going Back To Tannidice

can we afford him? think the last bit is more telling. copy and paste

"I think the plan is to go back up there. I think, at the end of the day, it is going to be in Jackie's hands whether he wants to keep me or not.

"I've not really spoken to him about it."

Edited by Dug1e

can we afford him? think the last bit is more telling. copy and paste

"I think the plan is to go back up there. I think, at the end of the day, it is going to be in Jackie's hands whether he wants to keep me or not.

"I've not really spoken to him about it."

"Up there" is hardly a positive statement of feeling you belong in a certain place. "Back there" would have been stronger, and "back home" stronger still.

Chris is a natural Thistle player and Dundee United need him less than we do.

• Like 3

Good chance Utd will be in Europe next year, so of course the big man wants to go back. Aslong as he plays well between now and end of season and helps keep us up I couldn't give a flyin fook. Hope he stays, and my honest gut feeling is he'll be a Thistle player next season.

Think it probably depends on what DU's plans are in the close season. If they keep hold of their current team then they probably would see him as surplus to requirements. They are under far less pressure to sell their young stars, now that they've wiped out their bank debt etc, so that may work in our favour....

Might also depend on where we are next season. Remember we have not secured safety yet! Lets do this so Chris, Lyle etc know we are an SPFL club next season

Uhhmm... we will be an SPFL club regardless. What we want is to be a (Scottish) Premiership club rather than a Championship one.

Really daft these new names and not even original. They should have went back to "first, second, third, etc."

• Like 3

On reflection, if we stay up ,I'd keep the lot of them. They deserve another crack at it next season. Every single one of our players have tried their best and given 100%. In 40 years that I've been going,this is one of the best Jags teams I can remember. I loved the class of 75 and 76 as well. Joe Craig, Somner etc.

• Like 2

On reflection, if we stay up ,I'd keep the lot of them. They deserve another crack at it next season. Every single one of our players have tried their best and given 100%. In 40 years that I've been going,this is one of the best Jags teams I can remember. I loved the class of 75 and 76 as well. Joe Craig, Somner etc.

Nice sentiment but loyalty will only get you so far. Lawless can go as he's out of contract (his choice), hasn't done much & I doubt another club in the top league will sign him up showing that he probably isn't up to scratch. Elliott deserves another shot, if players with more talent (Forbes) tried a leg he wouldn't be with us but sometimes you need quick/fit/determined players. He's that, & on our budget, he fills that role well.

Nice sentiment but loyalty will only get you so far. Lawless can go as he's out of contract (his choice), hasn't done much & I doubt another club in the top league will sign him up showing that he probably isn't up to scratch. Elliott deserves another shot, if players with more talent (Forbes) tried a leg he wouldn't be with us but sometimes you need quick/fit/determined players. He's that, & on our budget, he fills that role well.

Christie Elliot is just the type of player that's needed as a squad player. He rarely plays from the start, but when he comes on he always gives 100% and has created an impact on several occasions. He's not exactly skillful but his strength & willingness to run at the opposition is something that's always useful to have on the bench :clapping:

Shaggy was quoted in the papers yesterday as saying that if we stay up we should be able to attract "better quality" players to the club next season because of the style of football we play. Not sure how well that would have went down in the dressing room and maybe not the ideal time to have mentioned it. For me the players have done great this season and everyone in the squad has played a part. The only disappointing aspect for me is that we are in a fight to avoid that 11th spot, when in reality we should be safe. Have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed this season ( hope that doesn't come back to bite me on the bum!!)

Shaggy was quoted in the papers yesterday as saying that if we stay up we should be able to attract "better quality" players to the club next season because of the style of football we play. Not sure how well that would have went down in the dressing room and maybe not the ideal time to have mentioned it. For me the players have done great this season and everyone in the squad has played a part. The only disappointing aspect for me is that we are in a fight to avoid that 11th spot, when in reality we should be safe. Have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed this season ( hope that doesn't come back to bite me on the bum!!)

Have to agree with you, I've really enjoyed my football this season, even more I've enjoyed the way we've tried to play. It's been a smashing return to the top flight.

There's no way we should be where we are, but that's totally our own fault and a result of our own profligacy in front of goal at home earlier in the season.

We are where we are, so we've got to go out and earn the right to stay up starting today, put the Hertz where they belong. Then prove what we've all been thinking all year, i.e. we're much better than the shit round about us!!!

I don't think the assistant manager of Thistle saying we should attract a better quality football player will bother any of the players.

Some are only on loan and some players will leave which is normal for a football team.

Others will want to be a part of the next stage in the longterm plan and being an established top flight club Thistle will attract a better quality player.

I have said from the start of the season that the way Thistle try to play the game has been a breath of fresh air for football and this will keep getting better and better with the higher standard of player coming in.

It's been nervy for alot of fans and divided opinion at times when results have not went their way but the style of football for me is the way forward for this club to get success.

Alot of big games coming up and hopefuly the team and manager/coaching staff get the full backing from fans with good turnouts in the run in to help them get the job done, which is top flight football for Thistle next season.

I don't think the assistant manager of Thistle saying we should attract a better quality football player will bother any of the players.

the conversion almost complete i see :happy2:

referring to thistle as "we" now ..... the ceremonial funeral pyre of your dead club possessions is drawing ever closer eh jaggyko? ;)

the conversion almost complete i see :happy2:

referring to thistle as "we" now ..... the ceremonial funeral pyre of your dead club possessions is drawing ever closer eh jaggyko? ;)

That was a quote from Thistle's assistant manager "we should be able attract a better quality football player" ;)

Hopefully Thistle do get the chance to do this

"ceremonial funeral pyre of your dead clubs possessions"

Deary me :wacko:

I'll pay his bus fare back.

Erskine? Today he at least played with a noticable level of effort, and probably put in as many tackles as our so called holding midfielders, once or twice briefly breaking up Hearts U21's stranglehold on the midfield. He's one of our best players and clearly cares more than several of our other players.

• Like 1

Him and Doolan at least care. Its someone like lyle Taylor who has talent but no interest in Partick Thistle who you should be paying the bus fare for

Think you are being totally over the top re Taylor. In general he has played well, scored goals and grafted since he came to the club. Yes he was rotten today but so were about 8 other players and that includes Doolan!

Edited by Lindau

My point is that Taylor is probably our best player and yes he has scored important goals. The fact he is with Sheffield united shows how good he is. While the others like banningan Fraser lawless etc were all a disgrace today undoubtedly I'd expect a bit more inconcsistency from them.

Since the Hibs game I'm concerned by the fact in my book that he appears to have looked lethargic and to an extent I feel he has looked uninterested

My point is that Taylor is probably our best player and yes he has scored important goals. The fact he is with Sheffield united shows how good he is. While the others like banningan Fraser lawless etc were all a disgrace today undoubtedly I'd expect a bit more inconcsistency from them.

Since the Hibs game I'm concerned by the fact in my book that he appears to have looked lethargic and to an extent I feel he has looked uninterested

Every team has a bad day at the office and I think we have to accept that today. If that type of performance is repeated at Rugby Park, then yes, it will be time to prepare for the play offs. Hopefully the reality of where we are tonight will hit home with the players and their pockets as most are contracted for next season