Just In V St Mirren

stillresigned

Just re watched the game in catch up. What struck me was how much Craigen was involved in the chances we had. He had a (missed header) just before the goal. He played a lovely weighted ball to Higgy at they goal. In 2nd half there were other chances that he was involved in.

He is by no means the finished article, but definitely not the waste of space some make him out to be. A bit more sharpness in front of goal and persevering more when beaten in a tackle and I think he has a really bright future.

I also take back my comments re Bannigan on another thread. He might not have been so dominant in the 2nd half, but he wasn't poor as I said.

Without the ref's intervention at the pen - it would have been 3 points to us. St M only had one other chance apart from that. We had several. More positive for the remaining 3 games.

I really think in these games we should be having Taylor and Doolan on together near the end. Even if it's just a 10 min overlap. Both completely different players that could run defenders all over the place.

Was positive it was Taylor for Erskine. Couldn't believe when I saw Elliot.

RE the above post - St Mirren were all over us for last 5/10 mins of first half. If they hadn't scored they'd of kept going at it in the second half. The game wouldn't of panned out the same.

Edited by read'n'yell

I really think in these games we should be having Taylor and Doolan on together near the end. Even if it's just a 10 min overlap. Both completely different players that could run defenders all over the place.

Was positive it was Taylor for Erskine. Couldn't believe when I saw Elliot.

RE the above post - St Mirren were all over us for last 5/10 mins of first half. If they hadn't scored they'd of kept going at it in the second half. The game wouldn't of panned out the same.

But they had no clear cut chances apart from McLeans breakaway when he hit the post. We had several - Mair, Taylor, Elliot, Craigen,

What I was getting at is St Mirren played out the draw. If they hadn't got the goal they'd of chased the game more and would of made chances.

But yeh as the game went we had by far the more chances.

On the other hand they would have been chasing the game, leaving gaps for us to capitalise on

Was positive it was Taylor for Erskine. Couldn't believe when I saw Elliot....

So far, playing Taylor and Doolan has weakened the midfield too much when it has been tried, and although Elliott blasted a shot high, he did get into the right position to play it, as well as offering more capable support for McMillan than Erskine could.

Edited by Fearchar

Have to say I've been really impressed with McMillan the last few weeks.

Defensively he's been excellent and has started to gain more confidence going forward.

Agree with this .... He's much better defensively than SOD and has improved going forward .... Generally the back four look better